• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:13:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

3lric

Since a lot of headway has been made lately, we decided to livestream (on discord) the creation of one of the new events for Ch2 of Jot5, which introduces a new optional joining character.

• Modding version: PSX

Raphszoed

Any news on Chapter 2?
I've just finished Chapter 1 and man....what a game. Nice story with a nice and complex gameplay.

I'm looking forward for Chapter 2, definitely

Zolias

Quote from: Elric on October 11, 2022, 04:35:06 pmSince a lot of headway has been made lately, we decided to livestream (on discord) the creation of one of the new events for Ch2 of Jot5, which introduces a new optional joining character.

Is that.... Claire Redfield?

Is this going to become Journey of the Five, and an optional Sixth?

3lric

Quote from: Zolias on October 26, 2022, 04:51:55 amIs that.... Claire Redfield?

Is this going to become Journey of the Five, and an optional Sixth?

1. It's Jill Valentine
2. Jot5 will have many optional characters, she is one of them.

Zolias

Quote from: Elric on October 26, 2022, 11:30:54 pm1. It's Jill Valentine
2. Jot5 will have many optional characters, she is one of them.

This is only getting me even more excited for the Ch.2 and re-release of Ch.1!

Still surprising that it's been over 10 years since this whole thing started.  Here's to the next 10!

3lric

Quote from: Zolias on October 29, 2022, 08:00:50 amThis is only getting me even more excited for the Ch.2 and re-release of Ch.1!

Still surprising that it's been over 10 years since this whole thing started.  Here's to the next 10!

Me too lol

3lric

Ive not posted in a while and just wanted to let people know this mod is not cancelled by any means.

Currently due to recent events, we have 3 ways in which we can move forward, and Im still considering and weighing these options (and honestly trying to come up with a mutual 4th option).

I will post again once there is more to say

(A lot of progress was made in 2022, not sure how much was shown outside of discord though)

Germ

I just seen your last message on discord and you mentioned a Jot5 discord server being set up at some point. I know you have left the server so please post the discord server here whenever you make it as I have been following the game for like the past decade and would very much like to continue to do so.

3lric

Quote from: Germ on January 03, 2023, 04:35:46 amI just seen your last message on discord and you mentioned a Jot5 discord server being set up at some point. I know you have left the server so please post the discord server here whenever you make it as I have been following the game for like the past decade and would very much like to continue to do so.

Its not setup yet. Will be soon. Been enjoying a break and holidays with my family.

coldds

I tend to avoid spoilers but, for an overall idea, how many "unique" characters will be available during Ch2 release besides the main Five, Agrias and Jill?
I just love unique characters, hope we get some surprises along the way!

Shadynasty

Quote from: Elric on January 03, 2023, 10:42:50 amIts not setup yet. Will be soon. Been enjoying a break and holidays with my family.

Loved your work on Chapter 1 and though this was dead. Pleas to post a discor server so i can be ready to play the day chapter 2 drops.

Also down to play test if you need it :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Voxian

I'm sorry to ask this, but just spent a few hours reading the forums and discord. is it safe to assume this project is at least on hold, if not canceled? I hope I'm wrong, and just missed a post or update somewhere because I've been looking forward to continuing the story.

3lric

Quote from: Voxian on October 22, 2023, 10:54:02 amI'm sorry to ask this, but just spent a few hours reading the forums and discord. is it safe to assume this project is at least on hold, if not canceled? I hope I'm wrong, and just missed a post or update somewhere because I've been looking forward to continuing the story.

Its not cancelled. Its just currently on hold while the team sorts its shit out.

Jadr9900

High my name is Chris I have helped work on mods before as a beta tester for tsunamods the biggest mod I have worked on beta testing is echo s7 the voice acting mod for the og ff7. I have played chapter one of your mod in the past I cought wind of you working on chapter 2 and thought thought I would ask if you guys would like a beta tester for chapter 2 if so hit me up. I don't know what time zone you are in I'm in est so I might not respond right away if we are in different time zones. Anyways I'm looking forward to hearing from you ☺️.

Griggs

I've been lurking on this project for 10 years. I don't even remember how chapter 1 played out it's been so long. If ya'll ain't canned it by now I'm really just wondering when we're going to see or hear real actual progress, or the unfortunate (but understandable) news that it's dead. Bc I do at least remember loving chapter 1, but I'd also like to know if I'll still be alive for chapter 2 at this point fellas.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Griggs on January 05, 2024, 07:50:09 pmI've been lurking on this project for 10 years. I don't even remember how chapter 1 played out it's been so long. If ya'll ain't canned it by now I'm really just wondering when we're going to see or hear real actual progress, or the unfortunate (but understandable) news that it's dead. Bc I do at least remember loving chapter 1, but I'd also like to know if I'll still be alive for chapter 2 at this point fellas.

I would still like to finish it yes. The last few years have been rough and I had to take a break from a lot of things. That has now changed, however, due to my own past indecisiveness or damage I caused, the band is not currently together, and reconsiliation is paramount to Jot5 ever getting finished. I cant pretend that its something I could so alone. The scope is too large.

So like, maybe one day? Idk

Zolias

Quote from: Elric on January 06, 2024, 12:39:39 amI would still like to finish it yes. The last few years have been rough and I had to take a break from a lot of things. That has now changed, however, due to my own past indecisiveness or damage I caused, the band is not currently together, and reconsiliation is paramount to Jot5 ever getting finished. I cant pretend that its something I could so alone. The scope is too large.

So like, maybe one day? Idk

If it happens, it happens.  If it doesn't, no worries.

Before anything else, make sure you and the rest of the team (wherever they are) focus on yourselves more than the project.  Remember, it's a fan project, not an obligation.  Take care of your health, both physically and mentally.  I, at the very least, can wait longer if necessary, and while disappointed, I won't belittle you if you need to cancel it for self-care reasons.  I can understand how a project like this can put pressure on someone, let alone a group of people who aren't professional game developers.