• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.1 UNOFFICIAL - UPDATE: 12/02/2019

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, March 28, 2017, 02:02:57 pm

3lric

Updated the OP of this thread to contain the EVSP 2.1 Unofficial release that I just put out in Raven's absence. I wouldn't normally do this, but he is busy, and having worked with Raven for years, I'm sure he wouldn't mind, since I knew what needed updating and had access to do so.

Details of what was updated for 2.1, can be found in the OP of this thread.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Quote from: Nyzer on September 23, 2017, 07:41:47 pmOh, Raven - I was running into an error shortly before I left on my vacation, but in my haste to get an event done before I had to go (I did not succeed) I failed to report it.

If you turn on the offset option, the compiler displays the offset message long enough for EVSP to report an error with compiling. I closed the offset display and hit try again, and it closes like normal, with the event compiled & functional.

Also, the previous issue of having the textbox jump back to the top when you Compile to Savestate without commenting out the offset is still a thing. Pretty sure I was using the newest version.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Neonseraphim

Are there any tutorials how to use this tool?  I am just trying to change event text from a few event IDs.  Pretty much getting errors with every button I press, don't know what I am doing and could use some step by step guidance about how to edit the text for events where Boco chocobo joins in the 120s.  How do I go about applying the changes I made to the game?  What other tools would I need?  Do not think it is like FFTactext where you can simply press a button to patch game....

Xifanie

If you are using Vanilla as a base and all you want to do is to edit text, I would suggest you give EntryEdit a try (it comes with the newest FFTPatcher)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Neonseraphim

Hi Xifanie.

Thank you for the prompt response.  However, it appears to me that EntryEdit, with newest FFTPatcher v0.496 can only patch PSX, and I am working with PSP.  Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

BTW This tool is PRECISELY what I am looking for, so easy to use, BUT for PSP and not PSX.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Xifanie

Sorry, I don't mod WotL, so I didn't know about the lack of support. I linked this thread in the WotL channel on Discord; hopefully someone can help.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

darkskyx

Edit: Okay, I finally made it to work for PSP!
All those errors were there because I was using the files of EasyVent 2.1 for WoTL instead the original PSP files to edit events back to PSP. I noticed it when I read again and again the post of EasyVent and I started using a hex calculator to calculate the number of the event but it would still do nothing. Files offsets for WoTL are wrong because each one looks like it is made for compiling PSX and not PSP (example, 4000 for event 2 in PSX but it's 5000 in PSP). All because folder names were not clear enough! If you want to make it work for PSP, enter inside the Resources folder and copy the events back into your resource folders. That "Final Fantasy Tactics - PSP WotL" folder doesn't have the same files of the folder than "PSP Events".
I swear I tried this before some days ago... I don't know why it didn't work before, maybe because it was the antivirus, the compability or something.

TL;DR: Here's a tutorial on how to do it:

- Enter Resources. Copy "PSP Events" folder, paste it inside "/Event Directories".
- Rename "Final Fantasy Tactics - PSP WotL" to "Final Fantasy Tactics - PSP WotL to PSX"
- Rename "PSP Events" to "Final Fantasy Tactics - WotL PSP". Make sure that you only have a text file for each event (if some events numbers are not there it's normal).
- Enter EasyVent (...) - Home.exe, open event directory "Final Fantasy Tactics - WotL PSP" with War Of the Lions mode enabled.
- Open the event you want. You want to scroll down and see the dialogues to notice which event it is. Edit it as you like. Save.
· If Save event doesn't work to you (like it happens to me) try to edit the file with Notepad or the default text editor of Windows. You can Open again the file to refresh.
· Save your edited events in a new directory (Example: Custom 1).
- Once you have all changes done: Click the button Compile directory and select your .EVT PSP WotL file.
- Optional: If you wanna see if your changes are done: Click on "Decompile .EVT" button. (If this step didn't work for you, follow the next step:)
· How to do it manually:
Copy your .EVT PSP WotL file and paste it in /Resources with the name TEST. Erase or change the name to PSP Events in /Resources. Open CONFIG in /Resources. PSP=0 to PSP=1. Save. Now open Event_Decompiler_2.04.exe. You should have your changes in /Resources/PSP Events. Open CONFIG in /Resources. PSP=1 to PSP=0. Save.
- Check out if everything is changed correctly in the text files you changed. Now you have to follow this tutorial to put your changes into the game.

"Save event" still does nothing for me, but it's the only way I could make it work. I'll quote my original message:

Quote from: undefinedMaybe I'm doing something wrong (or not) but I'm getting some errors. I'm trying everything for the WoTL (PSP) .EVT file.

· When I click on "Save event" on a new directory it doesn't save. I tried changing the OS compatibility but it didn't work.

· If I try to compile a directory with a few events with the program it shows an error of not finding the event.txt file. If I put the file there it says "Directory compiled succesfully" but it literally does nothing. [I decompiled to see if the change was there and also played the game with the edited ISO]

· This is when I just did a small test trying to edit the 1st event (EVT_002). I just changed a character name. I also tried other events and it didn't work. It shows this error:

System.InvalidCastException: Invalid cast of string "Command MapDarkness(xBM,+RED,+GR" to type 'Double' ---> System.FormatException: Input string is not in the correct format.

· If I try to compile a single event (manually copying event.txt in the folder) it starts to work but it takes forever and then it shows the error "Out of memory".

((((Yes, I tried the WoTL mode and opening it as administrator)))) Maybe it's an isue with the OS itself, Windows Defender... idk. But there isn't any other message.

· I also tried to use directly the Event_Compiler_2.01b. It shows the following error:
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825