• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:36:57 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA : Mission Item Fix 1.0a

Started by rrs_kai, November 23, 2014, 05:32:31 am

rrs_kai

Quote from: darkskyx on December 19, 2020, 10:23:23 pmI need this patch for the EUR ISO, it would be good.
Apologies for never replying.
I made this patch using Darthatron's AIO and bcrobert's nightmare modules, and they only work for a US FFTA ROM.

Quote from: Junninx on May 01, 2022, 02:21:26 amCan you please add the ultimate quality of life mod?: enemies level scale. This mod is the more atractive to those who want the original experience, the scale level thing would Just stop it from being too easy.
I am not sure what you mean by ultimate QOL, so I made the three patches for you. Only apply one patch, do not combine.

Junnix1 - Only scales enemies
  • Enemies scale on all battles and scale w.r.t highest level party member

Junnix2 - The above patch and all of Leonarth's QOL hacks
  • Rename generic party members
  • Morpher changes their sprite to look like a monster
  • Skip into scene and battle
  • Level-ups are not randomized
  • Steal shoes
  • Enemies scale w.r.t first party member

Junnix3 - Both the above patches and Leonarth's JP Learn hack
  • Learn abilities using JP
  • Combo abilities cannot be used
  • Totema cannot be used
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Junninx

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 01, 2022, 11:34:01 pmI am not sure what you mean by ultimate QOL, so I made the three patches for you. Only apply one patch, do not combine.

[/list]

Thank you!!!!

I came to this Topic from the

https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11997.0

And from all the mods listed, yours is the best in my opinion.

I will probably be using the n1 patch as it includes your mod and level scale only, the other 2s has some nice features like rename party members and steal shoes altough I dont know what it removed to allow it.

Seeing how fast you you made it I wonder if we have a Tool with toogle options or something to experiment with it.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Junninx on May 02, 2022, 09:14:00 pm
      Seeing how fast you you made it I wonder if we have a Tool with toogle options or something to experiment with it.

Level-scale can be toggled under Misc Hacks using Dartahtron's AIO, here: FFTA AIO
    Leonarth's engine hacks add QOL features, here: FFTA Engine Hacks

dck

> steal shoes altough I dont know what it removed to allow it.

The usual way in which shoes were made stealable before was just making them accessories and having them be stolen with the usual Steal: Accessory skill, so it doesn't remove anything. I think at some point someone implemented it better so you could target shoes specifically with a Steal: Shoes skill? Not sure off the top of my head where that was.

Very happy to see kai still hard at work after so long!
    • Discord username: adri#1824

Junninx

Hey I'm paying the junninx1 patch you gave me, I'm still farming cinquedea and I noticed some quest gives 2x the same item as reward, is that normal or it was suposed to reward different items?

rrs_kai

Quote from: Junninx on May 06, 2022, 08:19:04 pmHey I'm paying the junninx1 patch you gave me, I'm still farming cinquedea and I noticed some quest gives 2x the same item as reward, is that normal or it was suposed to reward different items?
    It's intended.
    -Most every mission now gives two rewards (while you can't get 99, you do get a handful).

Crank0027

Is it normal that this hack freezes the game when trading at Ezel's shop or when trying to change the law in fight?

rrs_kai

Quote from: Crank0027 on March 20, 2023, 09:23:25 amIs it normal that this hack freezes the game when trading at Ezel's shop or when trying to change the law in fight?
    No, that should work fine. Which emulator are you using?

Gokajern

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 01, 2022, 11:34:01 pmApologies for never replying.
    I made this patch using Darthatron's AIO and bcrobert's nightmare modules, and they only work for a US FFTA ROM.
    I am not sure what you mean by ultimate QOL, so I made the three patches for you. Only apply one patch, do not combine.

Junnix2 - The above patch and all of Leonarth's QOL hacks
    • Rename generic party members
    • Morpher changes their sprite to look like a monster
    • Skip into scene and battle
    • Level-ups are not randomized
    • Steal shoes
    • Enemies scale w.r.t first party member

Junnix3 - Both the above patches and Leonarth's JP Learn hack
    • Learn abilities using JP
    • Combo abilities cannot be used
    • Totema cannot be used
    Is there any way to make the enemies scale to the highest level party member but not the units you recruit? How did you combine all them patches?

rrs_kai

Quote from: Gokajern on May 14, 2023, 06:13:46 pmIs there any way to make the enemies scale to the highest level party member but not the units you recruit? How did you combine all them patches?
    No. The game generates enemies and recruits based on the average level, which is now changed to max level.

Also, you do not need to combine patches, just choose the one that you want.
    patch 1 = Enemies scale
    patch 2 = patch 1 + QOL hacks
    patch 3 = patch 1 + patch 2 + JP Learn

A possible solution:
    We could use recruitment.nmm nightmare module to set the level modifier to be average -3. But we would need to do this for all possible recruits.

I would not do this because an older version of the Mission Item Fix patch had an odd issue with the recruitment nightmare module that I could not resolve.
    I increased the recruit chance for the semi-secret characters (Eldena, Lini, .etc.) from 20% to 100% and it worked but gave an odd issue. They would come with randomized names and you could keep recruiting them indefinitely. This did not revert even when I set the recruit chance back to 20%. I had to redo the patch to fix this.

Gokajern

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 18, 2023, 01:12:54 amAlso, you do not need to combine patches, just choose the one that you want.
    Yeah, that I got. I meant how did you combine your mission fix patch with the Leonarth QOL options thingamabob.

I suppose I could try the nightmare module thing and see what happens.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Gokajern on May 18, 2023, 11:04:04 amYeah, that I got. I meant how did you combine your mission fix patch with the Leonarth QOL options thingamabob.
    I missed a point, the Mission Item Fix is already included in all 3 patches.
    patch 1 = Mission Item Fix + Enemies scale
    patch 2 = patch 1 + QOL hacks
    patch 3 = patch 1 + patch 2 + JP Learn

In short, use FFTA_Mission Item Fix_Junninx2.ups and you will get the following:
    • Mission Item Fix
    • Level Scale
    • Leonarth's QOL

Gokajern

Sorry, I don't think I'm being clear either. I do understand that all three patches contain the mission fix and varying degrees of Leonarth's options (plus the enemies scaling thing). What I'm asking is: how did you combine your mission fix with Leonarth's options? Maybe this would be obvious to someone who makes patches, not so much to a more casual user. I've used Leonarth's in the past and it took some fiddling given my inexperience but I do know all the options were applied directly to the rom rather than a separate patch.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Gokajern on May 18, 2023, 09:57:52 pmSorry, I don't think I'm being clear either. I do understand that all three patches contain the mission fix and varying degrees of Leonarth's options (plus the enemies scaling thing). What I'm asking is: how did you combine your mission fix with Leonarth's options? Maybe this would be obvious to someone who makes patches, not so much to a more casual user. I've used Leonarth's in the past and it took some fiddling given my inexperience but I do know all the options were applied directly to the rom rather than a separate patch.
    Leo's engine hacks require a clean US FFTA ROM as a base. It then creates another ROM with the selected engine hacks applied.

Here's what I do: Make all the changes in Nightmare and AIO, and then use that as a base instead of a clean ROM to apply Leo's engine hacks. I'm not sure if this approach is recommended, but I've been doing it for quite some time and it always worked except for one change. The MP generation hacks in the AIO (MP starts at zero, MP regens at 10%) do not translate over if we apply Leo's engine hacks.