• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:45:06 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

CONMAN'S MAPS AND STUFF

Started by CONMAN, July 11, 2022, 05:48:15 pm

CONMAN

July 11, 2022, 05:48:15 pm Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 03:11:14 pm by CONMAN Reason: added map
This forum is looking a little lonely and I KNOW WE HAVE SOME MAP MAKERS OUT THERE!

I have a few elsewhere around the forums, but I figured this was the right place.

I'll start off with a few maps that I built from the underground colliery map series.

edit: added 3rd map
  • Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

This one isn't great, but I wanted to add it in here.  This one was based on map 16.

Jumza

CONMAN those snow maps are honestly gorgeous! Thank you for posting them! I know I personally would love to use them in the future.

I know you've mentioned not liking the throne room in the past, but it's a really cool concept! And I don't think it would need much to look super polished, you should be proud of it :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

nitwit

Is it possible to vary water height, depth, and placement depending on weather?

CONMAN

@Jumza You're always super supportive bro!

@nitwit the weather shouldn't be able to make those changes, but you can change map states like the flooding at bethla. I wonder if it would be possible to tie each weather change to a different map state somehow.... It would make for a giant file size for a map of that sort.  I believe ArmoredKori made a map with several states for Jumza with many changing heights.

nitwit

July 13, 2022, 11:04:38 pm #5 Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:36:50 am by nitwit
How big is giant?

Looking at my rom, I have about 240 MB free, though about 12% of that is taken up by error detection and correction.

Is the issue rom size, difficulty in allocating free space, or something else?

Nyzer

Quote from: CONMAN on July 13, 2022, 08:59:39 pm@Jumza You're always super supportive bro!

@nitwit the weather shouldn't be able to make those changes, but you can change map states like the flooding at bethla. I wonder if it would be possible to tie each weather change to a different map state somehow.... It would make for a giant file size for a map of that sort.  I believe ArmoredKori made a map with several states for Jumza with many changing heights.

You could use event editing to change map states based on what the current map is & what the current weather is.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

Quote from: Nyzer on July 13, 2022, 11:43:55 pmYou could use event editing to change map states based on what the current map is & what the current weather is.
What can be changed with just weather? Terrain type? Graphic? IIRC in vanilla it alters movement effects and I think some graphics.

Nyzer

Anything that can be changed with the map state, which is quite a lot, I believe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jumza

Quote from: CONMAN on July 13, 2022, 08:59:39 pmI believe ArmoredKori made a map with several states for Jumza with many changing heights.

He sure did! I'm not sure how much it changed the file size, but it was done with only UV animations (tiles changing to transparent after a few frames) that then revealed to another set of tiles underneath, and I changed the Terrain of the map using event instructions in the mid battle events (Load and SaveTileData)!!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

CONMAN

I previously uploaded this map before, but I really wasn't very happy about it and this seems like an improvement to "Volcano Peak."

CONMAN

Trying to not forget maps that I intended to add here.  This is "Outside Military Academy" It is built from "Outside Monastery. The second is an edit of the slums of goug map.

CONMAN

This is an edit of Germinas Peak.  I didn't have a name for it so.... "Extra Tall" it is! 

CONMAN

September 10, 2023, 12:54:14 pm #13 Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 05:34:54 pm by CONMAN Reason: map update
I finally remembered to upload a couple of maps!  The airship image doesn't look great due to some clipping when I took the picture in ganesha, but doesn't seem to have that issue in game.  The second, "burning house" is the indoor slums/hospital map, but it's on fire!

edit: Re upload of burning house to fix some stuff

Abashi76

I like the volcano map and the goug map.
  • Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: Abashi76