• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:39:22 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA: Revisited 2.0 Beta

Started by rrs_kai, September 21, 2014, 02:20:39 pm

rrs_kai

Quote from: haseo on May 01, 2022, 02:11:04 pmLike ultima blow on Sage, Im destroying everything in front of me with that skill.
In the current patch, everyone has a high base MP (especially Nu Mou) because I wanted to implement zero starting MP + 10% MP regen, but I could not implement it. I changed base stats for the next patch, will see if any more changes are required.

Quote from: haseo on May 01, 2022, 02:11:04 pmI just defeated Adremmelech first try with Marche level 16 and the rest of the party lower, I think Adremmelech was level 20. Havent had a single game over until now.
I was conflicted and nerfed him 3 times before releasing this patch, guess a buff is needed then.

Quote from: haseo on May 01, 2022, 02:11:04 pmusually I dont want to use any other skill cause a double attack will outdamage it.
I made Double Sword have the best damage but it is useless against high evasion enemies (there should a few) and anyone with Reflex.
2H Weapons with Weapon Atk+ are good for skills like Rush, and you'll need Concentrate against high evasion enemies.

Have you tried these? If not, could you try them and let me know if you still feel that Double Sword is superior?

Quote from: haseo on May 01, 2022, 02:11:04 pmDoublecast the DoubleShot skill while dualwielding? It seems to have different behaviors on each instance that I try, it seems that sometimes it cutoff some of the animation.
You'll hit 8 times. I use mGBA emulator and it never bugged on me.

Quote from: haseo on May 01, 2022, 02:11:04 pmHi, ive been playing your mod and wanted to give you my feedback.
Thanks for all this feedback.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

haseo

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 02, 2022, 12:08:04 amIn the current patch, everyone has a high base MP (especially Nu Mou) because I wanted to implement zero starting MP + 10% MP regen, but I could not implement it. I changed base stats for the next patch, will see if any more changes are required.
Is it impossible to do this zero starting MP? I think it would be very cool.

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 02, 2022, 12:08:04 amI made Double Sword have the best damage but it is useless against high evasion enemies (there should a few) and anyone with Reflex.
2H Weapons with Weapon Atk+ are good for skills like Rush, and you'll need Concentrate against high evasion enemies.

Have you tried these? If not, could you try them and let me know if you still feel that Double Sword is superior?
I've only tried 2H Weapons with Monkey Grip when it was necessary to learn some skill, the damage was good I think.
For enemies with Reflex i've usually use Air Render and other units. But until now didnt feel like DoubleSword against high evasion enemies was that bad. Im currently on Jagd Dorsa main quest.

Quote from: rrs_kai on May 02, 2022, 12:08:04 amYou'll hit 8 times. I use mGBA emulator and it never bugged on me.
Thanks for all this feedback.
Im also using mGBA, how much mana should be consumed? I think its consuming 80(for DoubleShot+DoubleShot). When I choose to do DoubleShot + Fire, it does 4 hits, as expected. But when I cast DoubleShot+DoubleShot it does not show a 8-hit animation, it does 4 hits and after that 1 more hit with no damage display for that hit.

I was thinking, maybe Life is given access to early on, do you have a reason for that? On Ezel rescue fight, both me and the enemy having access to that made the fight extremely lengthy. That and the Aura skill from Defender, we both had one. Maybe that skill is a little overpowered too?

I think that the ninja skills at the moment are not that great either. Im curious to see what you think about that :)

rrs_kai

Quote from: haseo on May 02, 2022, 01:42:41 pmIs it impossible to do this zero starting MP? I think it would be very cool.
The current method is not working, so no.
I tried removing MP growth and only keeping base MP but couldn't balance it properly.

Quote from: haseo on May 02, 2022, 01:42:41 pmIm also using mGBA, how much mana should be consumed? I think its consuming 80(for DoubleShot+DoubleShot). When I choose to do DoubleShot + Fire, it does 4 hits, as expected. But when I cast DoubleShot+DoubleShot it does not show a 8-hit animation, it does 4 hits and after that 1 more hit with no damage display for that hit.
Hmmm not sure what the issue is. Anyways, it is unbalanced and will be removed from player use, it is just in the beta patch for people to try out.

Quote from: haseo on May 02, 2022, 01:42:41 pmI was thinking, maybe Life is given access to early on, do you have a reason for that? On Ezel rescue fight, both me and the enemy having access to that made the fight extremely lengthy. That and the Aura skill from Defender, we both had one. Maybe that skill is a little overpowered too?
In the next patch I plan to reduce revival from 50% to 25% max HP so that Life, Aura, and Dragonheart are better balanced.

Quote from: haseo on May 02, 2022, 01:42:41 pmI think that the ninja skills at the moment are not that great either. Im curious to see what you think about that :)
The Ninja was just an inferior Elementalist so I buffed his ninjutsu to actually do decent magic damage, and he also has access to Mag Pow+ be a hybrid class.

haseo

May 02, 2022, 04:08:33 pm #143 Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:44:04 pm by haseo
Quote from: rrs_kai on May 02, 2022, 03:02:14 pmIn the next patch I plan to reduce revival from 50% to 25% max HP so that Life, Aura, and Dragonheart are better balanced.
Oh, cool :)

haseo

Hey, I was wondering, how is the enemy level being decided at the moment? Cause when I do the main quests Im always underleveled by a lot (4~6 levels).

rrs_kai

Quote from: haseo on May 03, 2022, 07:49:35 pmHey, I was wondering, how is the enemy level being decided at the moment? Cause when I do the main quests Im always underleveled by a lot (4~6 levels).
No scaling. I manually set the levels higher.

haseo

Do you intend to leave this way? I think its a bit high, Im usually grindind a lot between the main quests and even so Im not catching up to their level.

Sir Hype

I'm excited to try this patch.  Out of all the ones I have read about so far this one seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for.
I like that you have made the game harder without going overboard as well as making certain items more accessible while switching some things up. It would be cool if you made some of your future updates as being optional such as the starting with 0mp. I am looking forward to seeing the progression of this patch.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Sir Hype on May 05, 2022, 12:10:36 amIt would be cool if you made some of your future updates as being optional such as the starting with 0mp.
Sure. I'll see how I can go about it.

Quote from: Sir Hype on May 05, 2022, 12:10:36 amI'm excited to try this patch.  Out of all the ones I have read about so far this one seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for.
Thanks for your interest.

Stevemcblark

Made an account just so I could tell you how much I'm enjoying this hack so far. I LOVE what you've done with the beastmaster especially. I've always wanted to make a monster-based party, but it was always a pain in the butt. It feels much more feasible now.

I will also corroborate the Double shot glitch. It seems that in any battle, I can only use it once. After that, the second use's animation will get cut off after one hit, and I don't think the target takes the last two hits (when dual wielded I mean). This happens whether I'm dualcasting it or just using it again on a second turn.

I was also having some weird glitches where items were changing into different items when looking at the possible equips in the equipment menu. I was able to equip an ice shield before getting one because a bronze shield turned into it.

I hope you have a new update for this hack soon! It's definitely one of the best put-together hacks I've played. Only thing I wish it had was level scaling. I just came off of Grim Grimoire (stopped playing it because dual wielding was bugged) and I was greatly enjoying the challenge from having enemies be the same level as me or a little higher and also having decent equipment.

Stevemcblark

Also, my blue mage can't seem to learn Soundwave for some reason. I definitely had a dispel-able buff up, and it said that I was dispelled, but it just didn't learn it.

Stevemcblark

It looks like shop upgrades might also be bugged? Some shops will say they have new stuff, but their inventory is exactly the same.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 23, 2022, 08:48:45 pmMade an account just so I could tell you how much I'm enjoying this hack so far. I LOVE what you've done with the beastmaster especially. I've always wanted to make a monster-based party, but it was always a pain in the butt. It feels much more feasible now.
Thank you.

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 23, 2022, 08:48:45 pmI will also corroborate the Double shot glitch. It seems that in any battle, I can only use it once. After that, the second use's animation will get cut off after one hit, and I don't think the target takes the last two hits (when dual wielded I mean). This happens whether I'm dualcasting it or just using it again on a second turn.
Thanks for this. I did not previously have this glitch but now I tested it today and I see it. I'll see what works best.

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 23, 2022, 08:48:45 pmI was also having some weird glitches where items were changing into different items when looking at the possible equips in the equipment menu. I was able to equip an ice shield before getting one because a bronze shield turned into it.
Hmmmm, which emulator are you using? I use MGBA and I did not have this glitch.

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 23, 2022, 08:48:45 pmI hope you have a new update for this hack soon! It's definitely one of the best put-together hacks I've played. Only thing I wish it had was level scaling. I just came off of Grim Grimoire (stopped playing it because dual wielding was bugged) and I was greatly enjoying the challenge from having enemies be the same level as me or a little higher and also having decent equipment.
Sure, I will add an option in the next update.
Currently, level scaling is on random battles, and it scales wrt to first party member's level. Story battles have set levels.

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 24, 2022, 02:45:37 amAlso, my blue mage can't seem to learn Soundwave for some reason. I definitely had a dispel-able buff up, and it said that I was dispelled, but it just didn't learn it.
Thank you, the next update should have it fixed.

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 28, 2022, 08:47:37 pmIt looks like shop upgrades might also be bugged? Some shops will say they have new stuff, but their inventory is exactly the same.
Shops upgrade the same way as vanilla, wrt to the total number of missions, and their equipment also does change. Do you see something odd?

Stevemcblark

I'm using My Boy! on my phone.

Basically when I'm on the equip screen, selecting which item to equip, if I press B and then A to go back into the item selection, it'll have a bunch of different things of weird quantities, such as some things that I can't equip because I have 2 of them out of a possible 0.

I got one shop upgrade early in the game, and I've never seen one again. I noticed it because I know that at 10 territories freed, I'm supposed to be able to buy Cure-alls in Baguba, but I'm near the end of the game and have freed almost 15 of them and the best healing item I can purchase is an X-potion.

There was one time where the shop owner in muscadet said they had new items in stock, but my list hasn't changed since the very first upgrade.

Stevemcblark

Interestingly, the inventory glitch might also be affecting the Throw command. I just tried using Throw, and happened to save state while the foe was being targeted. Executing the throw froze and glitched out the game, as did trying to back out of the command.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 30, 2022, 03:15:43 amI'm using My Boy! on my phone.
Might be an emulator bug. I don't use mobile, so I can't confirm.
Quote from: Stevemcblark on June 30, 2022, 03:15:43 amBasically when I'm on the equip screen, selecting which item to equip, if I press B and then A to go back into the item selection, it'll have a bunch of different things of weird quantities, such as some things that I can't equip because I have 2 of them out of a possible 0.
Do this happen every time? Could you start a new game and tell see if you can reproduce the bug. I just started one and it worked fine for me, again on mgba on a laptop.

Quote from: Stevemcblark on July 01, 2022, 02:47:21 amInterestingly, the inventory glitch might also be affecting the Throw command. I just tried using Throw, and happened to save state while the foe was being targeted. Executing the throw froze and glitched out the game, as did trying to back out of the command.
I have not had this bug, but I don't use mobile emulators. I am not sure what's at fault here.

Stevemcblark

So uh...I got a very unfortunate glitch that unfortunately has brought my run to an end. I beat the final boss, got the mission cleared screen, and then...nothing. A black screen.

rrs_kai

Quote from: Stevemcblark on July 03, 2022, 05:18:06 amSo uh...I got a very unfortunate glitch that unfortunately has brought my run to an end. I beat the final boss, got the mission cleared screen, and then...nothing. A black screen.
I was able to finish, see the end credits, and then move to the post-game. Could you send me your save, I'll try it on MGBA.
Also, thanks for playing!

matchet

Okay, so far so good on my run, im really considering morpher, yet it requires considerable amount of grinding through monster capturing. Did the Capture skill had changed from vanilla? Had the avaiable monster's skillsets?.

I may ask for the better way to capture monsters but I though already know the response: concentration support skill on sleep/stop skills, then demi and other %hp skills to safely reduce monsters' health then use capture on them.

Edit: forgot to ask about gunner's powershot skill. I noticed that has an awful accuracy formulae for a healing skill. In your doc states it heals and apply protect, yet in my game it didnt applied protect and my characters are masters at dodging these healing bullets

rrs_kai

Quote from: matchet on August 11, 2022, 11:48:12 pmEdit: forgot to ask about gunner's powershot skill. I noticed that has an awful accuracy formulae for a healing skill. In your doc states it heals and apply protect, yet in my game it didnt applied protect and my characters are masters at dodging these healing bullets
I might have changed it to the following:
if enemy = 2x damage, 0.5x accuracy
if ally = 1x healing, but accuracy should be perfect. I'll need to check again.