• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Unexplored Lands

Started by ArmoredKori, May 18, 2022, 09:33:27 am

ArmoredKori

Hey all!

I started a project about half a year ago to make a custom map for each Unexplored Land that can be found via propositions in FFT.

I present to you the first custom map: Phantom Train

Phantom-Train" border="0

Files are attached below, you will need to use JuraviS to import the map which can be found: HERE
  • Modding version: PSX
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori
  • Discord username: ArmoredKori

ArmoredKori

Time for the next Unexplored Land.

I have a few event pieces planned for this map that include the chains shooting from the Mirage Tower to the Castle, but this version can be used without the event work!

Floating Castle:
Floating-Castle" border="0

Again this requires JuraviS to be implemented. Stay tuned for more!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

This one took me quite a bit longer to finish than most. As you may know, the unexplored lands are based of locations in other Final Fantasy games. This one actually appears in many games so I had a hard time just picking one. The description in game mentions a World Tree so I ran with that concept when making this unexplored land.

Next up: The Chocobo Forest
Chocobo-Forest" border="0

We are nearing the end of the ones I have finished (only have two more) so the updates after those will definitely come later. Let me know if you have any questions/feedback/suggestions!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

The next map was the first map I did my first custom mesh animations on. You can't see it in the screenshot, but those gears spin!

Unexplored Lands - Ronkan Ruins

Ronkan-Ruins" border="0

I only have one more Unexplored Lands map completed. I'm in the middle of a Laggy Tactics playthrough and then I'll be getting back to map making! Stay tuned for more!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

Bladegrasp1997

These are awesome :) . Do you have any game play videos of these in game?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ArmoredKori

I posted a video of the Phantom Train on my twitter! LINK HERE

They are all fully playable!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks for the link. Good Job, these look like they're from the Grandia or Breath of Fire series.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ArmoredKori

May 27, 2022, 02:33:23 pm #7 Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 03:08:46 pm by ArmoredKori
This will be the last one I have to upload for a bit before I get back to working on these. I had quite a bit of trouble creating this due to not liking the textures for the floor. In the end however I feel it turned out very well and I am pretty proud of the pixel art work on the furniture (especially the bed!).

Unexplored Land: Matoya's Cave
Matoyas-Cave" border="0

I'm hoping to start working on maps again in about a week or so. See you all soon!

EDIT: I forgot to note you'll have to event the door opening or take it into GaneshaDX and move the texture to the opened version. I currently don't have a non-event version!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

ArmoredKori

It has been a bit, but I have returned with a shiny new map. I started this one back in February, but got a bit discouraged. I came back to it with fresh eyes and was able to complete it! It is mostly setup around the fight I have planned for my mod, but could work quite well otherwise. The stones on the top are meant to house the Warring Triad, but after attempting to creating them in 3D I decided to move them to sprites instead.

Unexplored Land: Floating Continent from Final Fantasy 6
Floating-Continent" border="0

Files are, as always, attached and require JuraviS to import. There is a ramp created in the middle of the map, but it's currently hidden and revealed by an animation. Feel free to edit the terrain and remove the cover if so desired!

Until next time!
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori

Abashi76

That looks very kool! I hope that your going to make a TC with these graphics some day!
  • Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: Abashi76