• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:12:01 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FAQs/Tutorials

Started by Grandy, June 02, 2008, 12:31:47 pm

Grandy

June 02, 2008, 12:31:47 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
This forum seems to lack both. Either everyone is a genius and can figure out stuff I can't or nobody voluntereed yet to write anything specific down.

Just a suggestion.

Austin

June 02, 2008, 01:14:26 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
  • Modding version: PSX

Grandy

June 02, 2008, 01:45:23 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Yeeeah, I feel stupid.

Still, FAQ that is not. Could it be nobody has frequently asked questions?

LastingDawn

June 02, 2008, 01:46:50 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It is a plan for a new subsection of the site... but we are pretty knowledgable and any questions you may have can prepare questions and answers, so please, what's on your mind?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Grandy

June 02, 2008, 02:45:15 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Uh... alright:
 - How many jobs can the game hold?
 - Is it possible to make unique jobs selectable? (Like making Mustadio not being an unique character, and have his sprite as the Engineer job)
 - Is it possible to edit the images that appear on summons?
 - Would it be possible to change textures on maps?
 - At the bar jobs, is it possible to make so especific classes have especific quotes? Like, I create a character that is a demon, and I don't want to hear him talking about God as the other character do oh so much. Would it be possible to make his quote unique?
 - Editing weapons sprites, is it possible?
 - Changing the background music, is it possible?
 - Changing voices, is it?
 - Can I add Guest NPCs at battles?
 - Is it possible to change characters on a map without having to change their whole sheets? Like, in the battle against Gafgarion, at the gates, I want instead to fight against a character of my creation, but I also want Gafgarion to be in other parts of the game, so I don't wish to have to edit his entire sheet and destroy him altogheter.
 - A ISO or IMG hacked using FFTPatcher, can it be burnt into a CD and played on the Playstation/PSP? (modded, of course)
 - Why there are blank spaces in the Jobs list? Anything happens at all if I fill them?
 - Is it possible to create new animations? (doubt so)
 - How easy is it to crash the game by min/maxing? (as in, your character is so strong it does not compute, I remember Disgaea had something like that in which if your character was too strong he'd be treated as a lvl 1 character)
 - Can I make it so mages have no charge time?
 - Can I make it so I can walk on those un-walkable spaces? (just curious, nothing to gain from doing it)
 - Can I change some animations, like making someone crouch instead of raising a hand before using magic?
 - Can I create characters like the main ones, that do not change appearance by changing jobs?
 - Suppose I want to create completaly custom events.
 - How fair would Super Mario do as a Lancer?
 - And airplane food, man, what's up with that?

And this one probably won't be much asked, but I'm curious (and afraid of screwing something up by testing it) if I create a new kind of Thief, and I want it to have 100% steal rate of, lets say, accessories. How do I do that?

... that's about it.

LastingDawn

June 02, 2008, 05:22:19 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
- How many jobs can the game hold?

As many as you see, which I believe is 9F.

- Is it possible to make unique jobs selectable? (Like making Mustadio not being an unique character, and have his sprite as the Engineer job)

Not without replacing the initial sprites, and switching whichever job you switched with the Engineers stats and Skillset

- Is it possible to edit the images that appear on summons?

Certainly it IS possible, if we can figure out how to actually put these back into the game...
 - Would it be possible to change textures on maps?

The topic of "Maps" should have the info. on such.
 - At the bar jobs, is it possible to make so especific classes have especific quotes? Like, I create a character that is a demon, and I don't want to hear him talking about God as the other character do oh so much. Would it be possible to make his quote unique?

I do not think this possible currently, or if it will ever be possible.

- Editing weapons sprites, is it possible?

Certainly, this topic has all the info on such, aside from that, in battle, that is Wep.SPR you want to look at.

- Changing the background music, is it possible?

Gomtuu did wonderful work on Attack.out, here's that topic
 - Changing voices, is it?

Changing voices...?

- Can I add Guest NPCs at battles?

Certainly so, the whole focus of Mercenaries lies on this concept.

- Is it possible to change characters on a map without having to change their whole sheets? Like, in the battle against Gafgarion, at the gates, I want instead to fight against a character of my creation, but I also want Gafgarion to be in other parts of the game, so I don't wish to have to edit his entire sheet and destroy him altogheter.

Very simple, just switch the sprite of 11 Gafgarion (or is it 17...?) to your character's sprite, but the text block will still say the name is Gafgarion.

- A ISO or IMG hacked using FFTPatcher, can it be burnt into a CD and played on the Playstation/PSP? (modded, of course)

That it is, many people enjoy the likes of 1.2 and 1.3 on their native systesm of PSP/and PS1.

- Why there are blank spaces in the Jobs list? Anything happens at all if I fill them?

Nothing should happen, they should be fully usable new jobs,  just without a title of course

- Is it possible to create new animations? (doubt so)

In terms of events or battle? They use two different methods, so to speak.

- How easy is it to crash the game by min/maxing? (as in, your character is so strong it does not compute, I remember Disgaea had something like that in which if your character was too strong he'd be treated as a lvl 1 character)

You can't crash the game with an overpowered character, if that were the case Orlandu would have crashed the game, haha!

- Can I make it so mages have no charge time?

Simple as giving them Non-charge innate or 0 CT on all of their spells.

- Can I make it so I can walk on those un-walkable spaces? (just curious, nothing to gain from doing it)

Eventually...? I suppose?

- Can I change some animations, like making someone crouch instead of raising a hand before using magic?

I'm not sure, Zozma might know though.

- Can I create characters like the main ones, that do not change appearance by changing jobs?

Only by not using any of the generic character's sprites, though there was some code on Gamefaqs which let special characters change their sprites. So I guess there might be a way to make it work the other way as well.

- Suppose I want to create completaly custom events.

Eh heh... for some pointers it might be best to try out IRC and Zodiac could try to help with such.

- How fair would Super Mario do as a Lancer?

He would be a wonderful lancer, I remember thinking that same thought when playing a two character challenge.

And this one probably won't be much asked, but I'm curious (and afraid of screwing something up by testing it) if I create a new kind of Thief, and I want it to have 100% steal rate of, lets say, accessories. How do I do that?

Interesting... it's very hard to say, to test this theory try the 100% formula on the Steal skills, if it works, it deals with the Steal skills placement.

Art of War

Grandy

June 03, 2008, 11:16:18 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
QuoteChanging voices, is it?

Changing voices...?

Aye, when they die I mean the scream.

I meant to put "sound effects", came out wrong, did it?

Then again, the PSP version does have voices, I believe.

Quote- Is it possible to create new animations? (doubt so)

In terms of events or battle? They use two different methods, so to speak.

Both, I guess.

Thanks for the answers, BTW.

Also, this is silly, but I guess people will eventually ask: Any project to making a FFTPatcher for the FFTA?

Xifanie

June 03, 2008, 05:06:01 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie

LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Grandy

June 03, 2008, 05:50:31 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
I'll take that as a "maybe".

trickstardude7

June 03, 2008, 07:22:47 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
i dont think so seeing Gameboy advance has no way of connectivity to computer

Grandy

June 03, 2008, 08:01:19 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Quote from: "trickstardude7"i dont think so seeing Gameboy advance has no way of connectivity to computer

Apart ROMs.

Grandy

June 03, 2008, 09:13:15 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
This here's the official "Grandy's being annoying with too many questions" thread.

- Editing what characters say in cutscenes, how do I do that? I know it's possible because there was a hacked version of FFT that was in portuguese, though I don't know if they used this patch.

Xifanie

June 03, 2008, 11:10:48 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I eventually plan to make an event editor, but the TacText editor is already supposed to support those... maybe melonhead doesn't want to bother with this now; I don't know.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Grandy

June 04, 2008, 12:34:12 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Well, I browsed all files, nothing that resambles anything they say on those events at all. I also couldn't find any messages like those the mages sometimes say before casting a spell, so my guess is that the field messages are just not supported.

LastingDawn

June 04, 2008, 03:45:22 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Spell messages are in SPELLMES.TXT, or something like that, easy enough to edit with a hex editor, proper table, and a hex editor which supports certain keystrokes.

Art of War

Grandy

June 04, 2008, 06:11:46 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Thanks. I'll go ahead and suppose the other field messages are in the same format as well.