• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:36:43 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Lijj

Well thanks for posting Mav, but now the head and the back part of the hat looks weird. Options are always good though any one else willing to mess with them(see last page for portrait BMPs) or if anyone wants to submit palettes let me know, I'll PM you the sprite BMPs so you can tweak in The Great Palette Editor. If we post a lot of options we can pick them democratically.
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

I agree with Silvas. Its just odd seeing that black head just like that.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Don't worry folks, I realized that while I was editing it. Another option is to combine the two sides to the collar. Kinda like a turtleneck--that'd surely differentiate the male and female portraits.

mav

I took a look at the palettes. You know what? They're not terrible by any means. In fact, I'd say the bigger problem may be that there's some issue with how you've distributed the shades on the sprite itself. Nonetheless, I took a crack at cleaning some of 'em up a bit. The originals are on the left, my edits are on the right.
[attachment=0:i3bv4bzz]temp.png[/attachment:i3bv4bzz]
The second palette is the only unmodified one. The rest have really just been tweaked or brightened or something. The hats are left unchanged.

SilvasRuin

Your subtle changes make most of them a bit more crisp.  The exception is the first in which the green was perhaps too much contrast to begin with.  I like the changes.

jimmyjw88

Yea, I like the first one as well. The original green is bit bright.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

Nice Mav. Most look better.
Alright!  I made some more options:

So far I'd like to vote for
Palette1-  Mav's green     looks better than the green-yellow
*2-  Original
*3-My last     with Blue-Gray & red (though it's a close choice, I like the red w purple of mav's too)
*4-my last     Darker green and gray
*5-Mav's    Mav's black shades look better

jimmyjw88

The rear damaged pose looks like a zombie, especially with the presence of the red eye. Lol.

Lijj

I think gir| sprites are cuter and |'m a gentleman so 'ladies first' again.

R999

Always wanted to do this one myself. But you looked like you are one step ahead of me :)

The Hat or Hood?
Well she looks good overall, other than the sideview. I think personally she can use a detached Pointy Hat, rather than a hood.

Blonde Hair
And Blonde hair colors possibly for generics? You should have enough colors for that. For best contrasts, I prefer sticking to two distinctive color shades for clothing, and one set of color for hair, partly shared by the skin colors.

Lijj

Thanks. Yea the side view needs work. I'm into the hood just to be traditional. I kept the hair editable. I wanted to make the palettes vary a good amount- how about most be blondes (3 out of 5)? In some palettes the boots will match the stripes. I do like the way dark hair looks on such a white sprite.
Make white mage too. Were you thinking about using Geomancer?

R999

I meant to say, I was going do a WhiteMage W based on the Geomancer W... which is almost like this. And then adding a white Wizard hat of sorts on her. I haven't done any sketch work for it but I think it would look very similar to your sample provided here. Anyway though, I have got a lot of sprite work right now that I probably won't ever get to it...

Sure. Editable palettes are always welcome. I still think you could use another set of colors though on your current palette presented. 2 for colothing, 1 for face, 1 for hair works best for me.

jimmyjw88

May 14, 2010, 05:00:10 am #112 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:50:06 am by jimmyjw88
Try to keep it organise. Post them in one topic rather than creating another topic.
I know I'm not a moderator, but just an advice.

Kagebunji

Jimmy is correct, keep all your sprites in one topic, rather than creating lots. Cheetah may help in moving it.

As to sprite, hood is looking weird, but I know what effect you are aiming for, it can be quite hard, I would stick with normal white mage hood. And sadly, yes, most generics are blonde, so she should be blond too, too bad, cause she looks good with black hair :/.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

I like the blue and red combination the most out of the first three. And I prefer the new, darker green to the green and orange combination posted earlier. If all else fails, put it to a poll.

Kagebunji

Why don't you steal Black mage palettes? Blue, Light blue, black, green, red. If all else fails, do a poll like Mav said

mav

Very interesting sprite. It's like a cross between the female Geomancer and the female Priest. On your back view, you might want to use your darkest shade for the point on the hood, then add your darkest gray shade around it.

Lijj

Well okay(fair enough), I'll make a blonde version for submitting but I like this brownie; so I guess she'll be for Personal stash hehehe. I have the option of using the white mages hood on the table, good advice Kagebunji. Thats's what I started with; but that would be too easy and for now I like the way this is turning out. Mav I'll give it shot sounds like that could work.
So it may end up having white mages hood- if I can't get pointy hood to look right. I think I can this was a hasty attempt( i just wanted to claim the idea, I thought it was ineluctable that someone would use this same idea someday)
Oh yeah, how about after the Black Mage Palette poll I consolidate the posts? I didn't want to distract people from voting.

Kagebunji

Well, if you manage to pull off the pointy hood, then by all means leave it. But if somehow you will feel like it doesn't look good, just use WM hood

mav

I agree with Kage--if you can pull off this new hood with ease, it'll be appreciated. If it's a hassle, then forget about it.