• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Disapearing event

Started by Ramza Beolve, September 22, 2017, 07:58:32 am

Ramza Beolve

September 22, 2017, 07:58:32 am Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:56:19 pm by Ramza Beolve
I have been trying to fallow Elric's editing tutorial step by step and I have started over from scratch a number of times now. How ever i cant seem to get the opening
scene to appear as the Tutorial 1 map. it simply skips the scene entirely and goes to the first battle outside the Monestary. if you have any idea as to why this is it would help me out a lot thank you.
  • Modding version: PSX
Scilence! Surrender now or die in obscurity

Nyzer

There's a few things it could be. C&P the event script you have in spoiler tags or make a pastebin of it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ramza Beolve

Offset(x00004000)

{63}(rC9)
Camera(+00560,-00048,+00560,+00302,+03584,+00000,+04096,+00001)
Camera(+00560,-00048,+00560,+00302,+03584,+00000,+04096,+00128)
(4D)(r78)
Camera(+00560,-00048,+00560,+00302,+03584,+00000,+04096,+00128)

Wait(01000)
EventEnd()
//INSTRUCTION SECTION END- TEXT START
//Message x01
{font:08}xxx{br}
{font:00}xxx{end}

The same script as in the tutorial on it

Nyzer

Well, that script is set to have the camera drop in, wait several seconds, then end the event and move on, just like Elric's tutorial intended. So if even that much isn't happening, you've either screwed something else up somehow or you're using a bad ISO.

Ramza Beolve

I can still edit lines and change the camera angles its just when i go to wipe the sceen to the basic one in the toutorial it just dissapears

Nyzer

"Wipe the screen to the basic one in the tutorial"? I don't know what that means.

Your event isn't supposed to do anything but show the field, where only Ramza walking in place should be, and then immediately end after ~10 sec with no transition effects.

Ramza Beolve

When i go to change it to the basic toutorial map is what i meant i can alter the original lines and camera angles of orborne monestary but it wont let me change it to the tutorial

Nyzer

Then you didn't edit, save, and import the ATTACK.OUT file.

However, that changes the map of the event right from the start, not partway through. I'm not sure why you thought it would change at the end of the event, and your phrasing of saying the game was skipping the event really threw me off.

Ramza Beolve

October 01, 2017, 07:24:01 pm #8 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:16:30 pm by Ramza Beolve
I Have edited and save the attack.out file and imported it back into the iso as per instructed in the tutorial still doesnt work

Nyzer

Dude.

Learn to crop pictures and put too-large ones in spoiler tags.

And that's a screenshot of 000 set to Tutorial (1). Did you also set 001 to it? Are you sure you saved and then imported the right file?

Ramza Beolve

Yes i am sure if im aloud to link my youtube channel i can record and upload what i did so you can help me from that

Nyzer

We have a button that embeds Youtube videos. That's fine.

While you're at it, go back and edit your massively oversized post. Put spoiler tags in it so it doesn't blow out the page by default.

Ramza Beolve

Nyzer

Hmm. Yeah, that looks like it's all being done properly. It's possible the ISO itself is bad... you might have accidentally done something with an earlier patching attempt that screwed it up somehow. I know I've seen a fair few issues while working on events due to that. Have you tried working from a fresh copy of FFT?

Ramza Beolve

I have and this is my 3rd diffrent iso as well

Nyzer

I'm at a loss, then. Best I could recommend would be to move up to the newest tools, start from scratch, and see if that clears up. Some of the event commands will be different from Elric's tutorial, but both the newest EVSP & the wiki will explain everything.

3lric

It's outright skipping the first event. Could be a camera issue or the fact that you only give a 10 second wait before the event ends.

Ramza Beolve

Its the same set up as in your tutorial i can try making it last longer and see if that works i suppose

Nyzer

I'm just now noticing that your EVSP folder is all about version 2.0. That might be the issue - because Elric's event tutorial uses an older set of commands, not all of which are properly formatted for the newest config.

Ramza Beolve

he hasnt updated the tutorial forum for a new version?