• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Departure

Started by Wiz, January 24, 2011, 12:12:05 am

Wiz

Hello all, this is Wiz and as you can see from the title of this thread I'm going to be gone for a while. As of 1/10/11 (monday), I've been in college and have only been capable in maintaining both a presence here and there because the classes haven't picked up in pace at all. The worry I have is that they will drastically and I want to be ready for that transition as best as I can. Similarly, most likely the only way I'll be attaining a 6-7 figure salary is if I continue my education and commit to my studies even if at this moment in time I'm taking generals. College is important to me because the realities of attaining a living wage without one as an sole individual seem minimal (no bunking in with random people in apartment complexes, parents, family, friends, etc...)

tl;dr (too long; didn't read) -- I want to become financially independent as well super smart and sexy to the maximum degree where the girls squirt themselves to bed at night because they hunger for me and my god-like presence. At this stage of the game, I'm a LONG ways away from that. Still, time whisks away and that reality becomes closer every second that passes and there's no disputing that :)

Just to emphasize, I'll only be temporarily gone for school, so when summer hits around for me 5/11/11, I'll be back in action here.

I also want to thank everyone for all the good times we've had so far and that it's been a pleasure being around you guys and gals. Other than that, check out in what *might be* (hint hint XP) the final vid you'll be seeing from me as a token of my gratitude before I go.

P.S. If you didn't notice any foreshadowing, you're stupid :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Dislike x10! Hopefully you can drop by sometime before then if you get some spare time! :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

But...with you gone...whose tampons will we have to taste?!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

dinosaur

January 24, 2011, 01:01:45 am #3 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:03:50 am by dinosaur
WHAT! 4 months without Wizzypooz?! Well please pop in here and there to say hi once in awhile at least :]

dinosaur

Ryu:   Everyone is sad because Wiz poopoo'ed on everyone's head with sad news.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

philsov

January 24, 2011, 10:10:13 am #7 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:10:57 am by philsov
Oh please.

Your college has internet access, and unless you're working a fulltime job and being a student and having an active social life, I assure you there's time for this hobby as well -- especially when all you're taking is generals.  Unless you lack the self control to not be here all the time, there's no reason why you can't pop in occasionally and/or lurk.  Around less, I can clearly understand.  But 0% contact?  Laughable.

That said, financial independence is awesome and I wish you the best of luck.  What're you majoring in?  If you need help in Biology or Chemistry or anything Environmental Science-y hit me up :)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Wiz

Quote from:  "philsov
Your college has internet access, and unless you're working a fulltime job and being a student and having an active social life, I assure you there's time for this hobby as well -- especially when all you're taking is generals.  Unless you lack the self control to not be here all the time, there's no reason why you can't pop in occasionally and/or lurk.  Around less, I can clearly understand.  But 0% contact?  Laughable.

Intenet access? Yes till 7 PM Monday thru Thrusday and only till 12 PM on Friday. Saturday and Sunday I think they're closed. I go to a community college so that's why I'm limited to connectivity. On top of that, my laptop doesn't have virus protection atm so I get quarantined every other time I surf the web there :/ Outside of campus, the only place close enough I can conveniently go to is the public library, which closes 8:30 PM Monday-Wednesday and 5:30 PM Thursday-Saturday

As for work, I'm planning on getting a job soon (like < 2 weeks from now would be nice) where working 30 hours a week (thrusday-sunday eight hours a day). Also, I'm full-time taking 13 credits worth of classes with two of them online (and one of those being an accelerated class that starts in the middle of march) and it's my first semester in college actually so it'll be interesting adjusting to that.

0 Contact I agree is laughable, but I'll be here at a for a MINIMAL amount of time posting pre-written notes of each of the hacks I play.

Quote from:  "philsovWhat're you majoring in?  If you need help in Biology or Chemistry or anything Environmental Science-y hit me up :)

Computer Science as a major and then French as a minor. Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now since I don't think it's my cup of tea :)

philsov

je te gilferai avec une poisson.

(I think I got that right...)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dissy

Awh.. Good bye, Wiz! I'll miss you alot... untill you come back.
Take care and good luck in Colleage, ok? ^_^
The night is so pretty and so young~

Wiz

Thank you hun and everyone else (MOAROAROAR gb's DAMMIT)!!!

Said I'd probably post one more before I officially leave...well...check it out :twisted:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=801.2900

formerdeathcorps

Wiz, your situation is pretty much the same as mine except I don't have your aspirations.  30 hours of work + college + a thought-intensive major = no time except nights to visit FFH.  When you add in self-imposed projects (like recording videos or coding in MIPS), it's perfectly understandable why it's hard to keep up with this place and official work.  That being said, philsov is right: it shouldn't be impossible to lurk around here.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

QuoteIn case a video gets taken down on one channel or the other, I'll have backups just in case.

Could you rewrite that?  If a video is taken down on one channel or the other, I have backups.  It bothers me.