• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:11:21 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: ASM'D main info/discussion

Started by philsov, October 11, 2009, 04:38:12 pm

iopyud

November 07, 2009, 10:16:06 pm #320 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
But Bahamut is Bahamut!

Just make hit HT to 1 and can't be casted too far from the user with increased CT. Keep his AoE but his damage would be... uh... at least make sure it's not a massive AoE 1 Shot.

That way when you cast him, you have to make sure your Summoner doesn't get killed before it goes off.

MA*12 on Muramasa seems a little too strong. And I want its status effects back. >_>

Furthermore Samurai still have their normal attacks where Summoners are entirely reliant on their skills.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

philsov

November 07, 2009, 10:32:49 pm #321 Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:16:21 pm by philsov
what in the world is ht?

QuoteFairy is still a reviving Summon, yes? 2 AoE reviving

Is a typo :p.  1 AoE.

QuoteBahamut isn't stupid

Um.. what?  

"Hey, guys, I'm going to cast mega flare in 5 turns.  Oh, and if you all cast Wall on yourselves it'll come right back onto me, but I don't know my own spells, nor will I not cast this if the entire party becomes completely immune to my own damage.  Also I'm quite weak to my own damage.  OK, it's been 5 turns, I think I'll go impale myself now."

:).  I thought it'd give up a bit of consistency.  The Fire ones are the wide-aoe hit everything in sight ones.  Also!  Planning to make Odin Wind elemental and Bahamut (whatever it turns into) Holy -- which makes summon magic hit up the entire elemental spectrum.

QuoteMA*12 on Muramasa seems a little too strong. And I want its status effects back. >_>

You sacrifice status for damage!  It might still be too strong, dunno.  We'll see.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

iopyud

November 07, 2009, 11:04:34 pm #322 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Ht... er... height. You know... Vertical range?
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

SilvasRuin

November 08, 2009, 12:20:27 am #323 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Quote"Hey, guys, I'm going to cast mega flare in 5 turns. Oh, and if you all cast Wall on yourselves it'll come right back onto me, but I don't know my own spells, nor will I not cast this if the entire party becomes completely immune to my own damage. Also I'm quite weak to my own damage. OK, it's been 5 turns, I think I'll go impale myself now."
I don't know what the case is for the GBA version, but the DS version is far more intelligent than he once was.  He'll utilize Reflect to counter your Reflects (and any magic for that matter, so you can't dispel it) and make the fight much harder for you, and to ensure Mega Flare will NOT miss.

Zaen

November 08, 2009, 01:03:58 pm #324 Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:28:01 pm by Zaen
-------------------------------------------- <-- stupidity filled this void previously.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

LastingDawn

November 08, 2009, 02:40:54 pm #325 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Heh, I think the conversation is about Bahamut in FFIV, where he tells you what he's going to do five turns before he does it, giving you ample time to set up Reflect, that reflects his Mega Flare, he changes this up in FFIV DS though.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zaen

November 08, 2009, 10:27:28 pm #326 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Ohhhhhhhhh.... right. I'm a complete moron. Disregard my lack of intelligence at 1:03 PM of today.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SilvasRuin

November 09, 2009, 12:23:03 am #327 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
For the DS version, he basically makes your spellcasters useless for the battle except for Haste and one casting of Slow before he casts Reflect.  Or wait, do summons go through Reflect?  I forgot.  The way around that is of course Piercing Magic for either of them and Dual Cast for Rosa to Dispel then Holy, but then you also wind up dispelling the Slow.

...right, that's getting a wee bit too far off subject.  >_>

I think Bahamut should specialize in intelligent AoE, but I am incredibly biased and do not have any real reasoning to back that up.

Zenius

November 09, 2009, 06:30:37 am #328 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
There hasn't been any FF game so far where summons don't go through Reflect ^^
And you don't need to cast Slow, there's an Item that does it

iopyud

November 09, 2009, 08:44:41 am #329 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
We probably should just vote.
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

philsov

November 09, 2009, 10:32:04 am #330 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "iopyud"Ht... er... height. You know... Vertical range?

Ah, thought it may have been a typo for CT/CTR but you used it too often to be a fluke :p

QuoteI think Bahamut should specialize in intelligent AoE, but I am incredibly biased and do not have any real reasoning to back that up.

Hm.  Have him basically swap with Cyclops?  That is, bahamut is the smart AoE with moderate-high damage and nasty MP cost while cyclops is the dumb AoE with high damage and nasty MP cost?  That might work.  

QuoteWe probably should just vote.

No.*

*hell no.

philsov

November 09, 2009, 10:51:26 am #331 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Kokojo"I think everyone should be consulted for that parody, here my idea (tell me if you want me to take it back)

[A female knight walks in with a nasty wound. The priest helps
the knight.]

Female Knight: Zomg, i got pwnzors !

Simon: Why the hell can't i use cure 2 now and send her to battle ?

[Agrias quickly rushes out the monastery.]

Gafgarion: Let's go see what happening, young lad.

Ramza: They will perish under a sea of blood !

Gafgarion: ...That's right. Well then. Let's go!

[The Knight and the two squires goes outside.]

Ovelia: Man, i forgot to cast them M-barrier.

- Outside the monastery -
-------------------------

Agrias:  Prince Goltana mens ?

Goltana Knight: Haha, we are here to take the princess, even such you overpower us with 2 holy knights, Goltana sent 5 of his weakest mans to take the princess. Wait a minute...

[The black knight and the two squires comes out to help Agrias
and the others.]

Gafgarion: Fool! Only idiots attack head on withouth planning that a old friend of a soldier in this batlle will capture the princess aftherwards !

[Agrias steps forward.]

Agrias: Leave this to us, they are fucking weak!

Gafgarion: Nah, i want to see their blood, BLOOD ! MUAHAHA

Agrias: You sick foul.

Gafgarion: RAMZA, RAD, LETS SLAUGHTER THEM

[Gafarion rapes the enemy with Blood river attack]

Ovelia: Hey, he's touching my breast !

[Agrias looks at the monastery.]

Agrias: Lol.

[Agrias runs inside to save the princess. A knight takes the
princess through the back door of the monastery.]

Knight: Man, i could just kill you then gve you a phenix down, why din't i think of that sooner ?

Ovelia: Please rape me !

Knight: Ew.

[The knight punches the princess on the stomach and puts her
on his chocobo. Agrias comes out.]

Agrias: Shit, why dont i statis him !

Knight: Don't blame me. Blame Canada.

[The knight takes off with the princess. Agrias runs after the
knight, realizing she cannot keep up, she falls down on her
knees.]

Agrias: Damn you, canada!

[Ramza sees the knight.]

Ramza: Meh, its my old friend.

<3

Kokojo

November 09, 2009, 11:07:50 am #332 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Am I to understand you will acutally make these changes...?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

philsov

November 09, 2009, 11:21:56 am #333 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
most.  Probably not the Ovelia capture bit, but otherwise  :D

Kokojo

November 09, 2009, 11:24:55 am #334 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Alright. If you want I can write a bit more in my spare time (read : school)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

philsov

November 09, 2009, 01:22:32 pm #335 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
whatever you're willing to mess with.  But that's the exact sort of parody I'm aiming for.  

Preferably stuff in chapter 2 onwards, at this point.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 09, 2009, 02:42:06 pm #336 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Lol.  The Gafgarion insanity bit doesn't seem right unless we're going to make a running gag of him being a senile old man with Alzheimer or something.  If we do that, its mostly just polishing it up, maybe tweaking a line or two, and switching the rape bit because people are oversensitive even though we're on the internet.

Gj Kokobo.  

...Delita's last line should be "Hi-ho Kokobo!" as he rides off into the distance.  Pronounced in a really slow, drawn out voice.

Unless that means not blaming Canada.  Blame fucking Canada first.

Damn Canadians and your maple syrup...

iopyud

November 10, 2009, 07:22:05 am #337 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
lol Yazan-Gafgarog.

Gafgarog: I'm going "feast" on your "flesh".

It might work out pretty well specially on Ramza/Gafgarog duel. There's a room for some sick lines.

Anyway, I believe in Brave Story, they mentioned that Gafgarog's manner of fighting is somewhat brutal. A money-obsessed rapist might work but he's a pro, so he can't be a psycho...

My 2 cents.
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

SilvasRuin

November 10, 2009, 01:26:14 pm #338 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Merciless and without remorse might be the better way to portray him if you want him to fit the description of brutal.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 10, 2009, 07:27:09 pm #339 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
If you mean the same Yazan I'm thinking of, iopyud, I just gained a small shred of respect for you.

A very small one.

But a shred nonetheless.