• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

CONMAN

Feeling like I have put a lot of work in to have little to show for it... Any way, I combined a couple of colors so I could fit 3 gold colors in there and so it wouldn't look so plain.  I tried to work on a metal clasp that gilgy 8 had and felt like I was trying to cram too much detail into a tiny spot and couldn't get it to look very good.  I was inspired by a skull face on ekaiser's barret that was just posted and decided to use it.  Some of the other gilgamesh sprites from other games have a bit of a gold face there over a red sash and I figure why not.  Each game has some it's own take on the character's outfit and as long as it was recognizable as Gilgamesh, I was cool with it.

Mostly happy with the top half of the sheet.  Still need to do singing/dead and I never touch the "in water" parts until the rest is done.  Really just started the attack frames.  I've adjust the (front) cape to a larger size and adjusted them in the arm frames as well.  Right now, the hands are floating where they need to be (where the game actually puts weapons) and I will have to fill the empty space so that they reach the cape/shoulders.
  • Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

Largely wrapping this up.  Not crazy about how a couple of the upper arms look on the attack frames.  Settled on having the lower arms held tight to the body for those frames. Stole the ff5 advance port for this and made some tiny adjustments.  My own port attempts were pretty bad.  It's almost like not practicing for close to a year totally eroded my abilities there.

Valkirst

Hey, Conman I'm gonna give the portrait a try!
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

CONMAN

That would be awesome if you do, Valkirst!  I threw this in game and a couple spots demand some clean up.

Valkirst

Still working on it a bit. Almost done I think though I think the eye positioning might need some tweaking.
Completed Sprites

CONMAN

Thanks a bunch Valk!  That looks nice!

ekaiser

Sooo cooool! love this Gilgamesh!!! :shock:

CONMAN

Here's that sprite. And just for the hell of it, I threw it into a beta event scene.  Really didn't want to make an Enkidu sprite but I thought we had something close enough.

Valkirst

Conman, lol I finished the portrait! School started up and lost track of time!
Completed Sprites

CONMAN

Sweet! Thank you Valkirst.

CONMAN

I was thinking I would keep this sprite secret until I had a complete mod to show off but I figured I  would end up with a higher quality sprite if I received feedback and direction.  It was nice to have a Cthulhu sprite to both start from and have some practice from.  Some of the weird proportions and super wide hips will need to be changed up.  I feel like this sprite needs to tighten up compared to Cthulhu.  I actually started working of an Altima1 style sheet and restarted 3 times before happily moving on to the altima2 sheet.

So far Kefka has a bit of a mess where the shroud is.  I haven't even attempted it on the back frames yet.  Not sure if some cloth should drape down between the legs or not. 

The chest is flat and needs some shaping.  Some depictions have a gold pattern on his chest- not sure about that.  Also, some have should pads... without a shirt?

I was happy with getting a bigger head to look normal but the hair needs some work.  Kefka has some hair that dangles in front but this is off.  Need to add the feather business in the back and a ponytail.

A little limited on the space allowed for wings.  Maybe I can tag a little extra on there.  Mostly just stole the current ones from Altima1- might try to make some edits on them.

Thinking about just leaving the altima2 feet as is.

Currently just stealing hands from Altima2 and Zalera.  The original uses an open hand attack but I could change it into a big fist or possibly try something else.

Probably leaving the port alone until I am closer to finished.

If anyone has any suggestions or anything, let me know.

I'm working on this and splitting time re-playing ff6 (while pausing to make little edits.)

CONMAN

I am actually pretty darn close on the God of Magic Kefka.  There are some ugly parts on this sheet that simply end of covered by wings, so I'm not really concerned about them.  I stole a port from Valkirst and tinkered with it a little.  I could never quite pull off the head gear/ ponytail and left it off.  I've really been messing with the shroud and it's been quite a battle for me. It's really nice to see in game.

CONMAN

January 08, 2022, 03:36:47 pm #292 Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 05:45:45 pm by CONMAN Reason: updated map zip-again
Well, I don't know what I'm doing on the wiki... Anyway, I wanted to share the Zozo map that I made.  It's base is from the Yardow Fort city map. It was 6 working doors to mess with.

EDIT: Replace the previous zip- I caught a couple mistakes with more time playing the map

EDIT2: another missed thing..... update

CONMAN

April 02, 2022, 11:35:07 am #293 Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 11:51:17 am by CONMAN Reason: found mistake
I fused Barinten, Beowolf(face) and male oracle(arms) into my attempt at a male druid sprite.  I may revisit the port at some point. It's Beowolf+20 year old male + hair slapped on the back of the head. 

It has all 5 palettes to replace another job. I think it looks best in green!No message is associated with this attachment.

CONMAN

April 09, 2022, 04:42:58 pm #294 Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 06:20:22 pm by CONMAN Reason: fix
Hey look at that, I'm on a spriting jag!

I decided to steal the head and port from Zozma's Tamara and slapped it onto a Reis palette swap.

CONMAN

I could perhaps still apply an edit or two, but I feel satisfied with "phantom beast" or esper part deux.  The main palette is based off of Maduin from final fantasy 6, who inspired a couple of design decisions with this sprite.  A couple of the other palettes seem pretty cool and are more eye popping for sure.  The dead poses are magicite and pretty much a straight up copy from ff6.  Could perhaps use a little change.