• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:11:10 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Flashtics [*** 0.6 Available ***]

Started by dbp, December 30, 2010, 01:13:41 am

dbp

QuoteThe half frames are for the standing in water.

Oh, i see !

Xifanie, do you think it is possible to avoid them in your script ?
If not, i will be able to do it by hands in Photoshop.
So that's not a big deal.

Anyway, i will implement that sprite sheet as soon as possible !
Could you export Cloud ?
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Cheetah

Great contribution to this project Zod/Xif. Now I don't feel guilty about taking the time to convert a whole bunch of sprites and this is way more efficient.
Current Projects:

dbp

That's right.
If i can really implement this Sprite Sheet, we are gonna Win !

Anyway, i am really pleased that i receive help from a lot of people on this project.
This is very motivating.

Xifanie

Quote from: Cheetah on February 08, 2011, 03:32:21 am
Great contribution to this project Zod/Xif. Now I don't feel guilty about taking the time to convert a whole bunch of sprites and this is way more efficient.

Stop calling me Zodiac please.

You won't implement water dept? sad.

Is that the only thing you want removed?

Also how will you manage sprite palettes?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Eternal

I honestly think you should keep water depth, if only because it might be useful later. Better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

zomg zomg zomg
I didn't think it would get this far, this is amazing.

dbp

QuoteYou won't implement water dept? sad.
Is that the only thing you want removed?

QuoteI honestly think you should keep water depth, if only because it might be useful later. Better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it.

I hear your voices my friends.
In fact, i don't know myself how far this project is gonna go. I told to you before but, this project is going to be a Light version of FFT.
If you want to play to the real thing, you have FFT for that...
I believe that implementing water in the future won't be a problem.

But yeah, basically all new features of this game will come step by step, release by release. So i don't know myself how this project is going to evolve.
Also how will you manage sprite palettes?

Do you mean color palettes ?

If you talk about color palette, in Flash, an interesting way is to do pixel color replacement.
Basically you define the pixel color that your want to change and give to the program the new color.
ex : 0xFF0000 -> 0xFF00FF

dbp

Misty have been successfully implemented ! (Almost).

Now that we know that your sprite sheet fit with my engine, this will simplify a lot character implementation :D Good job !
May i get the same sprite sheet for Cloud ?
Since he was my first reference.

Anyway, this is looking very cool.

Kagebunji

This is coming in an astounding rate. I am amazed by you, man. Keep it up!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

What format would you prefer them???

I made a bunch, note that the format of Type2 sprites is completely different; sorry but I can't really do anything myself unless I'd put tons of time to research on how to convert them into one single template.
There are few Type2 sprites, but those have more frames, at different positions too.

I should really post my scripts in my palette editor topics...

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

dbp

Xifanie, thank you for your effort and the zip file !
I have tested few characters and it worked very well !

To answer your question, i don't know much about Units Type.

Maibe, the only restriction (or rule) to work correctly in my engine are described below.

- Need one and unique sprite sheet.
- Each frame need to fits in a kind of block : For example 48x48 pixels (The one you gave me for Type1)

In fact the engine system is really simple.
The whole sprite sheet is divided into Squares, then, i just have to give focus on the good square and the character take life !

By the way, does the gobelins (The purple one) is a Type1 unit ? (Because i would like to implement at least 1 enemy for the next demo.)

Also, i am very sorry but i need some more sprites.
Here is what is needed.

I need to be able to display the bottom informations for the character.
Like the hp, mp, ct etc...
Sample picture attached.

I believe that it require a new font rip?

Cheetah

That stuff should be relatively easy to rip, it is all in one of the random bits images. I could probably get this for you later tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Current Projects:

Kill_Bones

Quote from: dbp on February 12, 2011, 09:53:33 pm
To answer your question, i don't know much about Unit Type.

By the way, does the gobelins (The purple one) is a Type1 unit ? (Because i would like to implement at least 1 enemy for the next demo.
Unit Type works like this:

Type one sprites have broader shoulders. This is basically the armoured sprites that require pauldrons(shoulder guards), but it can apply to other sprites. An example is the Cecil Dark Knight sprite.

Type two is basically the sprites without broad shoulders.An example is the Generic Female Assassin. See the difference between the shoulders of this sprite and the CDK?

There is also a 3rd type called MON. This refers to monster sprites.

Goblins are therefore MON, not type 1.

See guys, I know stuff too ^^.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Xifanie

dbp

Everything was running smooth so far. No slow down.

3D Backgrounds are more resource-intensive however...
Right now, there is this boring flat grass background, since i am focusing on interaction with characters.
But i will take care of backgrounds a little bit later :D.

GeneralStrife

February 13, 2011, 09:20:23 am #95 Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:21:02 am by GeneralStrife
Sweet, so all those characters must have been to strain the game for lag I guess.

Cheetah

Wow all those characters on screen is looking crazy awesome.

Here are some general resources for you. If there is anything else more specific you need let me know.
Current Projects:

dbp

Cheetah, Thank you very much for your great help !
This set is going to be very good for me to use.

But i have a question, am i the only one to see a strange color palette ?
How can i correct that ?

Also, it looks to happen when people send Character Sprite Sheet, on my computer, the portrait's palette always looks strange.
Do i need to download something special ?

RavenOfRazgriz

February 13, 2011, 08:31:20 pm #98 Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:32:43 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
The Portrait seems strange because Portraits and Sprites use different palettes and the BMP is only displaying the Sprite's palette on everything.

You see strange colors because the game draws from those source files then colors over them as needed in-game, since the colors are not always the same.

I've also given Eternal instructions on how to make the full Type1 and Type2 Sheets with Xifanie's scripts so hopefully he'll be able to help you with that.  I would but I already have 3 projects I'm working on and other things.

dbp

@RavenOfRazgriz
Oh, i think i get the idea.
Thank you !