• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:55:46 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hunter

Started by Cheetah, January 26, 2011, 04:56:47 pm

mav

Quote from: CheetahI need to get palette figured out because right now it is a little high and has lots of room for combining colors.
Mav agrees. Are you currently at 16 colors? I don't recall being able to pull of the feather without using some of the shades from the clothing. As for the hood, I never hated it; it didn't make sense on the Knight, but it actually would work on this one. It's totally your choice.

Someone help the man out with the other angles on the beret so we can get this quality sprite out there ASAP.

Cheetah

The walking animation is currently 16 colors, but it is missing white as a shade for the feather and eye. I think there are still some browns and dark shades that can be combined to keep the white around.

Well if he has a hat it makes little sense to have a hood. I think it looks great as is for the forward frames, it just looks like he has a billowing cloak, but I definitely want to do something with the rear frames.
Current Projects:

mav

Check out the coloring on the feather on Kage's original design. It managed to retain the eye colors while incorporating the boot colors. I feel like that'd be easier than trying to find a brown to drop--eh that might be doable.

I was thinking more along the lines of "This is a Ranger, he might wear a hood." Rather than "He's wearing a hat, would he need a hood?" But anyways, good point.

Cheetah

This hat is killing me. I have a front view that I think just needs a little tweaking. The rear view is pretty much a disaster and I can't even come up with a serviceable rear side view.

Help would be much appreciated.
Current Projects:

Twinees

February 04, 2011, 05:28:25 pm #24 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:40:11 pm by twinees
The back and front view hats looks great Cheetah, possibly just make the front view hat a bit rounder up the top?
I would help if i had time, but ill see what i can do.

Edit: I hope this helps Cheetah, feather still needs to be added, you may even want to bump the hat left by 1 pixel.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

As nice as that is, it looks like the hat's tilted downwards on the forward side view, and tilted upwards on the backward side view.

Lijj

also; just a little edit on the front view:

jimmyjw88

February 04, 2011, 10:10:42 pm #27 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:34:21 pm by jimmyjw88
I think that's what they are going for, mav but not the rear diagonal view because it's tilting backward.

EDIT: So is the rear view's hat.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

jimmyjw88

A rough edit of the hat
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

How about we make the the beret appear at the front like ive done it in the back views? I imagine berets sitting on the back of the head, rather than covering the front of the face.
It would probably look better on the side view like that.

Cheetah

Thanks for the assistance Twinees, this will definitely help, but the rear diagonal view isn't quite what I'm going for.

What you have is this:

Which seems really out of context for FFT.

What I'm going for is a bit more like this:

PS: Why do old attachments keep disappearing, it is hard to tell who made the original edits and the progression.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Sorry for my late inactivity, this will keep up for some time now... All I can do is wish you good luck, I can't even read everything...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

February 05, 2011, 08:43:35 pm #32 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:45:58 pm by jimmyjw88
That's actually what I pictured you going for, Cheetah.

Twinees

Yeah i can see why you thought of doing it like that Jimmy, probably because of the side view?
Cheetah, the side view will need to be changed if you want it to look like your ref pic.

mav

Jimmy's angle on the rear side view is better. Just fix the feather angle/shape and the shading on the hat and you'll be set. The back angle needs some work too.

Cheetah

March 05, 2011, 01:51:48 pm #35 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:48:07 pm by Cheetah
This sprite has been worked on by many people. Started by Kage or R999 and I'm trying to finish it up with a custom hat with the help of others. Most of these posts come from Kage's sprite topic, I'm just separating them so that we can focus and get this sprite done.

Here is my latest attempt at the beret. I'm finally becoming quite happy with it, but a lot of work is still needed on the feather. Any assistance is always welcome.
Current Projects: