• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:19:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lady Frimelda

Started by Zozma, May 26, 2010, 07:55:29 pm

Jon

She has the weirdst turtle neck collar. But look at that swords blade right next to the hilt, thats just killer. She actually doesn't have too much armor, and if this was real life, how would she fight with those arm guards? I imagine they move everywhere her elbow goes, meaning that she would never be able to do a down slash. Speaking of which, Z are you going to make her arm guards longer past the elbow?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

slivers7

Background-wise, she's supposed to be the "T.G. Cid Orlandu~Holy Swordsman" character for FFTA2.

Of course, SE had to listen to our complaints that Cid was too overpowered, and so she ended up being nerfed into another generic hume with a unique sprite (ok, if I'm not wrong, her attack stat is absurdly high compared to the generic hume).

So I gather design-wise, where most people would go for armor, she settles for a "handicap-outfit" instead. :)

Jon

I don't know why people complain about TG Cid to begin with. There is nothing wrong with him. He is powerful, but any Tiamat in human control can beat him. I think people complain about Orlandu because of 2 things: one you get him before Meliadoul which makes absolutely no sense and two because to obtain him you have to do nothing special except play the game. Now if Orlandu and Cloud's position of obtainment were to be switched, I don't think people would complain about TG Cid at all.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

lol geez that walpaper is big, u could just use the image on page one...

but at any rate, every one is going to have to wait a LONG time for her if nobody plays with the bmp file i left here because im in another hiatus atm. im sorry, but thats just how life is.. :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Amici

Sorry for necroing this, but any idea when this is gonna finish? :)

VampragonLord

Quote from: "Zozma"every one is going to have to wait a LONG time for her if nobody plays with the bmp file i left here because im in another hiatus atm. im sorry, but thats just how life is.. :(

itll be done when he finishes it <.< meaning he needs to a) resume spriting and b) decide to work on this particular one. either try convincing him to do it, or take a swing at it yourself
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Zozma

December 23, 2010, 04:57:31 pm #126 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:55:44 am by Zozma
I hate to say theres not a good chance that I will be finishing anything anytime soon. and by saying that i mean, it could be never lol....

the last image of the sprite progress you see there is as far as i've gone so that one is the most up to date. I'm just burnt out. without my drive to do it, its impossible for me to finish anything.

Twinees

Here you go Zozma. All finished.
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Looking great. My only comment would be that there doesn't seem to be any animation to the hair for the walking frames.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Sorry Cheetah, im not planning on doing hair movement for the walking frames. I was just getting it done, as a favour for Zozma.

Cheetah

No worries, just making a comment. Hopefully Zozma will take care of the hair since that is kind of his trademark anyways :D.
Current Projects:

Amici

Wow twinees that's nice you're on a roll! Hopefully it does get around to getting finished, I can use it as an Agrias or Meladioul replacement :D I'd probably do it myself it if I wasn't too busy :P

Zozma

January 27, 2011, 04:26:04 pm #132 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:48:43 pm by Zozma
thank you twinees! i really appreciate this! (yes, i will do the hair lol)

(you even did the white part of the boots, sweet!)

Edit: Okay, test this out and tell me what you think, I've done the front frames of the hair movement

ok so, the hair might be a bit too flowing lol, ill dull it down a little more when i go back for the back frames

Kagebunji

It goes a bit wild, yeah. I am sure you will fix it no problem. Should we palette her? She could be some job replacement, haha.

Lijj

Yeah I tested it yesterday and it's froosh froosh froosh- just swinging too much. I think this would be great paletted up for a generic replacement though.. maybe a new female archer til we get something more Archer like ;) (female hunter maybe)

Wolfran

January 28, 2011, 04:12:19 pm #135 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:13:13 pm by Wolfran
The R999's version is accurate to the original sprite, maybe someone have the time, patience and guts to finish her.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Zozma

Go for it with the paletted, but use the version that doesnt have the foosh foosh foosh lol,I donno when ill get back to it,but the hair movement i made would make more sense if the character had longer hair, which she doesnt lol so ill come back to it when i have time

shishi-sensou

looks nice but her arms and hands looks so big from a girl

Zozma

perhaps you aren't familiar with frimelda's concept artwork? check on the first page. these are female squire arms btw...

azavier

is she type 1 or type 2?