• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:09:28 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Kagebunji

Black hair, and no big boobs. Make them medium-sized. Let's face it, there is not a single sprite in FFT with big boobies, so IMO medium fits most.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Wolfran

Agree, but do a version with big boobs anyway.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Cheetah

Black hair, normal boobs. I haven't seen a pair of large boobs attempted on one of these sprites that didn't end up just looking disgustingly large.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Okay here are my thoughts on the portrait Twinees. Man it has been a long time since I sprited.
All really minor adjustments, but I hope people think it improves things slightly.

I did a medium between the last two facial wrinkles you did, I thought he looked a little too old.
Made his earring a tad smaller.
I tried to get his beard a bit truer to his original design and anatomically correct.
His hair might not be quite the extreme flattop he has in FFVII, but I think your version fits the overall look of FFT much better so I think it can stay as is.

Current Projects:

Kagebunji

He got a smile on his face, I don't like it. Beard improvement is great. About earring, it looks like random white pixels somehow shaping an earring. Wrinkles are cool roo.

Zozma

Well overall, the improvements are very nice. I'm not quite as much of a fan of the portrait as everyone else tho. I think its the way the beard is it just doesn't look right to me. in the FF7 picture it really looks like his facial hair is shorter and he just has a big jaw. but in this it looks like he just has his beard grown out on the sides longer.

also, he really does need that fade.. It's a good portrait, but it doesn't look as much like barret to me. and his frown definately needs to be more obvious.

geez, i hope i dont sound like im beating up on it. I only just saw this after being away for a long time and im comparing to my own attempt which, tho needed vast improvement I would still use for myself as of yet.

At any rate, I am glad that it was being worked on. (i still dont know how to make him use that defend animation as an attack animation tho)
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

I reviewed the sprite animations and this guy is looking great and the arms are really improved.

I can see what you mean by him kind of looking like he is smiling now, I know how to fix it though. I'm not sure why you guys are asking for the "fade". Reviewing images of him it does look like it is just shaved on the sides.

Though we can see what we can do and see if it looks better. I also understand the trouble with the beard being too bushy, but short cropped beards are hard to do well and I really like the bushier beard, I wont be making an attempt to make it look shorter.
Current Projects:

Zozma

January 23, 2011, 05:04:24 pm #667 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:08:20 pm by Zozma
ok dont. I wont use it for the purpose of calling the character "Barret" in that case. lol it looks like he has less of the jaw and more bushy beard. even if you like it. its not how barret's beard looks in any version of his character

Twinees

January 23, 2011, 07:58:08 pm #668 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:02:42 pm by twinees
Nice stuff Cheetah. Ok, i like most of your improvements, so i will extend on the existing portrait.
I tried to give him a wider jaw and the slightest fade on the top of his head. I can made the fade alot longer, it may or may not turn out well, we'll have to wait and see.
I also may test out making his entire face shorter, it may make his face look a bit chubbier, hopefully getting that Barret feel Zozma wants.

Edit: Nope, shorter face is a no go.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

January 23, 2011, 08:11:46 pm #669 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:15:53 pm by Zozma
i think part of it is the "texture" of the beard too, makes it seem to come out more, when his is right up against his face in the ff7 picture there. the pastale version of black also throws things off, but I doubt much can be done about that without being inconsistant with fft color palettes

overall tho its not really what I want anyway. its only my opinion of it in comparrison to the ff7 picture style. I imagine getting this chin right would be a challenge, I haven't even tried.

edit: when I take a closer look i see that it's really nicely done, however, what i think would make it look less longer and fluffy would be if the edges were smoothed out to the actuale line of the jaw. i'd say its the right length, but that simple thing makes it look like the hair on his face is longer than it should be.

Cheetah

The palette changed, but the changes are looking good either way. If you are going to try the fade I would extend it down in the front a bit more but leave the back alone, I think it is looking better. I feel like to get the short beard look that Zozma is talking about it would be more about changing the texture not so much the width of his jaw.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Quote from: Asmo X on January 21, 2011, 10:32:41 am
This port is fine. You guys are overthinking it.

Fully agree with this. Thank you, have a nice day.

It is not about to match it fully with FF7 version, more important is to be able to tell this is Barret. I can clearly say it is him. Stop making all these suggestions about jaw and shit, it is fine already.

Twinees

Pretty much just made the beard darker on this one, why dont you give the beard a try Zozma? :)

Moving on, Tifa with brown hair and big boobs. I will change it to what people want most though (i did this a day ago).

Kagebunji

Boobs are bigger than her face, please change this, heh. Same for hair, I am sure it would look better in black. That is what everyone wanted, haha. Anyway, great start, Twin.

Zozma

January 23, 2011, 08:58:03 pm #674 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:13:52 pm by Zozma
black hair? thats kinda dumb. unless your going for her asianified AC version, this proto looks great. I think the color selection is perfect for ff7 (non AC) to fft style. if you make the hair black the sprite is going to be a little boring since she already has plenty of black in her sprite and there is really not much more you can add to her without making her  not match the "tifa" look in general. looks high quality, I'd use it

btw, on barret, the fade can be created easily by using the darkest 2 brown shades as "hair"

Cheetah

Wow Twinees from this point forward I name you the best FFT spriter yet. Regardless of color choices and boob size this is a great looking sprite. Great balance between detail and design while keeping very strictly to the character design. I would love to see a smaller boobed black haired version, though Zozma's comment about it being more boring is true. Any possibility of making it just a palette swap so people could use whichever version they prefer? This has always been a highly debated topic.
Current Projects:

Zozma

January 23, 2011, 09:53:53 pm #676 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:55:22 pm by Zozma
a black haired version could easily be made after this one is done, which would then allow anyone customizing to free up colors for something else (or perhaps use a very dark brown.

and for the barret thing, i know this looks like crap but maybe you get what im saying more with this very flat example. I'm not saying that looks better by any means, im just saying, it looks more like the jawline edge instead of having a longer beard (lol grandba barret)

IvanX

January 23, 2011, 10:10:42 pm #677 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:14:39 pm by IvanX
I'm probably a bit late with this, but I'll offer my criticism.

Barret looked like he could have used some fade along the side of his head and his beard/stache should travel closer to where his nose would be. Edited his chain since it looked really flat.

For Cid I just adjusted his cigarette because it was too straight and looked awkward. The smoke was just for fun, honestly it looks stupid. >_>

Love Tifa btw, stellar sense of character. <3
(Edit-Just realized I used an old version of Barret...ignore that)

Twinees

January 23, 2011, 10:21:23 pm #678 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:31:15 pm by twinees
Ahh now i see what you mean Zozma, im not sure if its just me, but i prefer the beard =/
I like what you did with the chain on Barret Ivan, not particularly fond of the fade though. Mouth on Cid is too long too.

I will post a black haired version of Tifa soon.

Edit: Tifa with black hair, 14 colours, i agree with Zozma about it look boring now.

Vanya

I think Tifa's boobs are just fine and consistent with her FFVII incarnation.
I agree with the hair looking boring in black.
¯\(°_0)/¯