• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Monblanc - Who was his master?

Started by Oblivion, May 16, 2009, 03:45:03 am

Oblivion

May 16, 2009, 03:45:03 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Okay, for those of you who played FFTA, you know Montblanc as the co-commander of Clan Nutsy (the leader being Marche). In FFXII, you can join Clan Centurio that is
lead by Montblanc. If you read the information on the final mark Yiazmat or you listen to Montblanc, you find out that his master fought Yiazmat and died trying to win. In FFTA2, Montblanc makes a reference to Marche or his master when he dies.

Let me state some facts:

In FFTA, Montblanc states that Marche is his best friend ever.

In FFXII, Montblanc's master (never named) is someone Montblanc looked up to.

In FFTA2, (this is only a speculation) Montblanc says: "Kupo-po. Ah, old friend. Is that you...?". Well if he is talking to Marche, then that means Marche has to be dead. If it isn't Marche, then it is Montblanc's uunamed master.

I believe that Montblanc's master is Marche Radiuju. But tell me what you think.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

Asmo X

May 16, 2009, 08:16:51 am #1 Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:18:53 am by Asmo X
first post

edit: Oh shit. I thought this was in spam. Not a spammy thread or anything, I just thought I was there.

vvv what's your excuse?

tithin

May 16, 2009, 08:18:10 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
second
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

Oblivion

May 16, 2009, 03:25:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Wait you both thought this was in the spam forum?

Xifanie

May 16, 2009, 04:07:49 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well... a FFTA related topic on FFH... :/
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Oblivion

May 16, 2009, 04:15:56 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
technically it's ivalice related.

tithin

May 16, 2009, 11:58:43 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "Asmo X"first post

edit: Oh shit. I thought this was in spam. Not a spammy thread or anything, I just thought I was there.

vvv what's your excuse?

It's a terrible thread.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

May 17, 2009, 01:19:10 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
There is a considerable amount of flippant jackass-ery going around FFH these past few months.  I didn't mind when it was in spam, because the topic says you can give yourself a bad reputation there.  But in general, it sucks to see the community be this way.

LastingDawn

May 17, 2009, 02:13:32 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed it does, but as to the topic...

After FFTA Marche went back home, someone else no doubt took over Clan Nutsy. Montblanc must have believed to be this fellow to be a good leader, as he was the second in command, he should have technically taken over. Though it does say that the master taught them everything they know. Marche would have had no reason to come back and fight them though. Also is another thing of Clan Centurio. I believe that Montblanc, while being a clear reference to the Montblanc from FFTA, is not the same Montblanc. FF12 is believed to take place, Long, long after FFTA. FFTA 2 on the other hand seems to be very shortly after FFTA (well not shortly... but Mewt's a grown up anyhow). Montblanc would call Marche an old friend, notice though that it's Old Friend, not Master, meaning that he would consider Marche as just an old friend.

To be honest we don't know what happened to Marche after he went home, he could have died in the 10-15 year lapse in the games. Doubtful, also near death, people will see what they want to see. Marche being there to help him along is just his imagination making him see that.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!