• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 09:25:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTPatcher question

Started by DERIDEX120, March 27, 2013, 06:29:18 pm

DERIDEX120

I'm not even sure how to use this program. I'm assuming I start with "decrypt ISO?"
when I try to do that, no ISO's show up on PSP. On further investigation, the filetype of the game is CSO.  same with the text editor.  anyone have any suggestions?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

You have a compressed ISO, uncompress it first with PSP ISO Compressor
  • Modding version: PSX

DERIDEX120

Okay.  also, is there a way to add new sprites to the game, OR edit scenes in the story?  like the scene with delita and valmafra, for example?

DERIDEX120

Where can I find the compressor?

Jumza

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PSP+ISO+compressor#

Google is your friend!
But beware of...
Bing
Is
Not
Google
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DERIDEX120

thanks! I had alot of BS torrents and trash sites come up.
thanks again!

is there any good way to modify sprites or change the game scenes that use them?

RavenOfRazgriz

One of the programs you obtained in your FFTPatcher Suite should be the ShiShi Sprite Editor.  Assuming your FFTPatcher Suite is correctly compatible with War of the Lions (anything .457 and below should be I think), that will let you change the in-game sprites via restructuring the ISO.

DERIDEX120

Sweet. I've been up for like a day and a half now modding things by trial and error.
one last question though. I see under "patches" people have made modified versions of the game, how is it they've modified the storyline? as far as changing up characters and battle speech and so forth?

I had a pretty good idea for a story. It entails a completely different storyline, new characters, different bosses, and new consequences for losing a battle other than "game over."
It would take me a really long time to redo all the sprites though. :/