• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

ROBIE

Ansehelm

It's at the bottom of the first post before the signature
  • Modding version: PSX

Daizengar

Help me out guys! There's a lot of info to go through and I'm just lost. Here are my questions:
1- What versions of FFT do I need to have to get this mode to work?
2- What tool do I need to use to update that file with the .ppf for Journey of the Five?
3- I'm using RetroArch to play my games, FFT WotL at the moment. So what core/ settings do I need to have to play this?
4- Is there a Chapter 2 yet?

Thanks in advance
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

PrometheusBR

Quote from: Daizengar on May 07, 2020, 03:52:59 pmHelp me out guys! There's a lot of info to go through and I'm just lost. Here are my questions:
1- What versions of FFT do I need to have to get this mode to work?
2- What tool do I need to use to update that file with the .ppf for Journey of the Five?
3- I'm using RetroArch to play my games, FFT WotL at the moment. So what core/ settings do I need to have to play this?
4- Is there a Chapter 2 yet?

Thanks in advance

Ansewring 1&4:

Theres no Chapter 2 yet;
You only need the original PSX NTSC ISO file to play it. Then apply the ppf file with PPF O MATIC to it and play it with an emulator or console.
  • Discord username: ZeroX

Daizengar

Thank you @X-Zero

I'll apply the guidance you provided and get back to you if anything lingers

Daizengar

Ok, I have 3 questions:
1- Is there an easy mode? It feels like the mod's creator, bless his soul, wants to take revenge on us by giving the enemies the stats of level 99 when they're only level 1. It's too hard to play for someone who has little time.
2- Are there random battles in the game? I just managed to finish stage 1 and was thrust into the second encounter without the chance to buy anything or grind a few levels!
3- Is there any way to change the button configuration? basically reverse X and O

Thanks,

Morto

Congrats for the game and story, its really enjoyable for watch i take a look at it on a YT channel and i became curious to play.

Then i made this mistake, the game is harder than i saw on youtube (i dont know wich version he was playing but... no way), this is made to stress u hahaha.

Let me tell my experience:
1. I fought against a lamia crew once, and i received an magic with 97%  (97!!!!) of chance to charm and doom (nonsense for god sake);
2. Every time i had a chance to kill one of them from front (monster or person), i used state save from emulator to test this, if u have 67% of success chance (it means 2 of 3), i had to try 7 or 8 times (hahaha).
3. the skeletons always will wake up again after 3 turns? (Really 100% of chance??)
4. The random battles are not made to u level up, are made to u expend ur stuff and die.
5. The AI of allyes has no "I" because theyre dumb as a trashcan, its like a berserk mode.

To mantain the post with a nice size i will stop here. Again, congrats for the mod, really great job, beatiful game, nice story, fun to watch heart attack to play.

BTW, where will be released ch.2? There is a topic about it? I want to see the game play from someone hahaha

Nyzer

Which Youtube channel, may I ask? Always curious to see whose playthroughs get people interested.

1) You might have had Best Compatibility. I don't think the baseline for those skills are quite that high.
2) Savestates in some games tend to preserve the RNG - if you weren't doing actions that would force the game to generate a different random number, it's probable that you were getting the same "miss" roll every time.
3) Yep, 100%. The skill Scavenge in the next release will finish off downed monsters, even undead ones, so that should help.
4) Only temporarily, aside from the ones that don't have the best balance. You aren't supposed to be getting ahead while still relying heavily on Item. Once you can more reliably avoid damage, or use non-Item healing, then that changes.
5) Nothing new there. Welcome to FFT's AI, heh.

There is a Chapter 2 Progress Log topic on this subboard. It's currently the top non-pinned topic.

Morto

Quote from: Nyzer on October 09, 2020, 10:21:05 pmWhich Youtube channel, may I ask? Always curious to see whose playthroughs get people interested.

There is a Chapter 2 Progress Log topic on this subboard. It's currently the top non-pinned topic.

I think the YT channel was datruth (or something like that), i will look for this chapter 2 topic ty!

LostDark

hey, I just discovered this and I'm going to try it now! I am so excited that I cannot contain myself !! Hahaha

PriceAintRight

I created an entire account to say thank you. FFT is my favorite game of all time and I'm so happy to see that a community not only still exists, but that you're doing crazy stuff like this!

Finna download and give it a shot immediately.

3lric

Quote from: PriceAintRight on December 01, 2020, 11:11:13 amI created an entire account to say thank you. FFT is my favorite game of all time and I'm so happy to see that a community not only still exists, but that you're doing crazy stuff like this!

Finna download and give it a shot immediately.

Hey thanks man! Glad you got some a good impression of it! Feel free to leave a review when you finish!

Moz

Hi, so I just finished Chapter 1.  It was a really hard but enjoyable experience, great job to everyone involved.  I did noticed 2 bugs, not sure if you're aware.

Spoiler Alert for people who haven't played:

1. If you learn Link's Fire Arrow and you have a Long Bow equipped, it does 999 damage to almost all enemies, including Ganondorf.  Not sure if this works with the other Arrow abilities Link has, or if it works with other projectile weapons, but it might be something for you to check out.
2. If you try to go to the Option Menu in the World Map, the game crashes. 

Suggestion, can you add a warning before starting the Ganondorf encounter kind of like Vanilla FFT does before you start the final encounter?  I would have leveled more to check out all the jobs if I knew it would be the last encounter before the game ended. 

Again, amazing work, really unbelievable what you all put together.  Looking forward to the rest of the Chapters when they are released. 

Zanbamon

Quote from: Moz on January 20, 2021, 02:02:10 am1. If you learn Link's Fire Arrow and you have a Long Bow equipped, it does 999 damage to almost all enemies, including Ganondorf.  Not sure if this works with the other Arrow abilities Link has, or if it works with other projectile weapons, but it might be something for you to check out.
2. If you try to go to the Option Menu in the World Map, the game crashes.

Do you have an item that boosts fire element? This kind of bug happened to me several times with different FFT mods either because of a bad ROM or emulator problem.
Removing the equipment and equipping again worked out sometimes oddly enough.
  • Discord username: Zanbamon

damon5555

Hi Team, I have been wanting to play this mod for years, but I can never seen to get it to work. I've downloaded the patch and applied it to a PSX rom using MultiPatch on Mac. I'm trying to play on OpenEmu, but when I boot up the game I am stuck on the PS1 logo. Any tips on how to push through? Is it an issue with my .cue file? Would really appreciate any tips!

When I boot of the original rom (not patched), I have no issues.
  • Discord username: damon5555

Nyzer

Quote from: damon5555 on January 22, 2021, 07:09:27 pmHi Team, I have been wanting to play this mod for years, but I can never seen to get it to work. I've downloaded the patch and applied it to a PSX rom using MultiPatch on Mac. I'm trying to play on OpenEmu, but when I boot up the game I am stuck on the PS1 logo. Any tips on how to push through? Is it an issue with my .cue file? Would really appreciate any tips!

When I boot of the original rom (not patched), I have no issues.

The first thing that came to mind was that there was a problem with MultiPatch, and, yep.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenEmu/comments/9agvhv/multipatch_fails_at_ppf_files/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

No clue if they ever successfully fixed it. How recent is your version?

damon5555

Quote from: Nyzer on January 22, 2021, 08:52:46 pmThe first thing that came to mind was that there was a problem with MultiPatch, and, yep.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenEmu/comments/9agvhv/multipatch_fails_at_ppf_files/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

No clue if they ever successfully fixed it. How recent is your version?

Thanks for the quick reply Nyzer. I tried once again with the most recent version of Multipatch I could find (Version 1.7.1 (1.7.1)), and still getting the same problem of locking on the PS1 logo. Any idea of a another of app to apply the PPF patch?

3lric

Quote from: damon5555 on January 22, 2021, 09:38:24 pmThanks for the quick reply Nyzer. I tried once again with the most recent version of Multipatch I could find (Version 1.7.1 (1.7.1)), and still getting the same problem of locking on the PS1 logo. Any idea of a another of app to apply the PPF patch?

can you run WINE and just patch it with PPF-o-Matic that way? There are also ppf patching programs for phones, at least for androids. I know nothing about macs/apple

damon5555

Quote from: Elric on January 22, 2021, 09:54:37 pmcan you run WINE and just patch it with PPF-o-Matic that way? There are also ppf patching programs for phones, at least for androids. I know nothing about macs/apple

Thanks Elric. That might be a bit over my head to figure out :? Really appreciate the quick reply, and maybe some day I can get this to work! :D