• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

3lric

Quote from: nyzer on September 25, 2016, 12:33:55 am
The work remaining for the rerelease is beyond me and I couldn't even give you an estimate, sorry.

Maybe you should come back to IRC then ;)
  • Modding version: PSX

reihunter

So uh i grabbed 1.97e, patched .bin file, and tried playing the game.

It crashes whenever i try to use Snake's Covert Ops ability. some opcode error on ePSXe.

Guess i'll clear it with normal attacks.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

It's not ePSXe causing the error (though we do -HIGHLY- recommend you use something else, such as pSX).

You either have a bad image file (seek out another clean copy) or the image is not clean, meaning you either tried to patch something else to it at some point, or you opened the image in shishi, expanding it before patching.

Either way, acquire a new image and try again. Then let us know how it goes. Everytime I've seen this issue, it was caused by one of the two things I mentioned above.

reihunter

well managed to fix it by... disabling the age old debug menu lol.

And using the debug menu code i found browsing the forums.

3lric

HessFlareStar

Hello Elric and Hello Raven! I've been looking at JOT5 for quite a while and only recently started playing it myself. I simply cannot express how impressed I am with your work. It is truly quite an amazing feat to have produced something that honestly feels like a perfect sequel. If you need any help with future chapters, I would more than love to assist you in any way I can. Cheers! And thanks for creating such a wonderful extension of one of the best games ever.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Hey thanks man, i appreciate you stopping by to say that. Raven isnt really around anymore, but I will pass on your praise to him, his work still remains in the game and was used as a basis for everthing else we've done (asside from a few nearly impossible random battles that have been fixed)

Can I ask how you heard of Jot5?

As for the help offer, what skills do you have or rather what are you willing to learn? We are usually pretty weary of new comers, but if you can show dedication and willingness to work with our team, then we may have room for you down the road :)

Xifanie

Quote from: HessFlareStar on October 09, 2016, 01:20:22 pmIf you need any help with future chapters, I would more than love to assist you in any way I can.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11038.0

Just dropping this here because Elric forgot to :p
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

HessFlareStar

Well, being a huge fan of the game, I found this site probably 3 years ago and had just been watching it grow until recently, when I decided to finally give it a play. Yes, I'm aware of what I'm getting myself into, haha, I'm actually taking a break from developing a game of my own via RPG maker VX ace, which is very fun but a time consuming nightmare.  The only thing is, I'm not sure what exactly I could help with!

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on October 10, 2016, 01:04:36 amWe are usually pretty weary of new comers

Alas, I am, at least in part, responsible for that outlook. :(

HessFlareStar

Could've sworn I posted this yesterday, but good news. I got Jot5 to work on a console, albeit a slightly modded ps2. I would gladly make a guide for the process if it gains any interest.

You did post this yesterday, after which I deleted it and PMed you this:

Elric (Overseer)
(No subject)
« Sent to: HessFlareStar on: October 21, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »
You aren't giving me enough credit. I have 4 PS2s modded with Modchip and 3 with FreeMcBoot. I know what I'm talking about when I say it doesn't yet work on console.

You won't get passed the first few battles that way and the game WILL freeze. It doesn't matter that the console is modded. The coding of that release was not built to work on console.

Please don't post things like that without doing proper research first.

Thank you,
Elric

3lric

Quote from: Pandemoniu on October 20, 2016, 12:36:35 am
Alas, I am, at least in part, responsible for that outlook. :(

No way buddy, you are just fine, lol

Outside of the core team, you found more issues with the soundnovels than anyone and i am grateful to you for it. Youll get credit for it in the Jot5 credits

Hyraldelita

i didn't found anything wrong about the SN, probably i tried it after him? or i was only utterly useless?XD

3lric

lol nah, no one was worthless, but yeah you were one of the last people to test them so there wasnt much left to fix at that point :)

Hyraldelita

ah ok XD Anyway, i would much appreciated, if we NEVER again write in this post , if it's not you putting a video, or a news of the relase coming out, or chapter 2... you guys don't know how bad i feel, everytime i see NEW MESSAGE in this topic , and then it's never what i hope for XD

3lric

Well, considering that the re-release and Ch2 would have their own threads, that doesn't make much sense.

Hyraldelita

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on October 27, 2016, 02:11:34 am
No way buddy, you are just fine, lol

Outside of the core team, you found more issues with the soundnovels than anyone and i am grateful to you for it. Youll get credit for it in the Jot5 credits

Though I was only able to go through 2 of the, at the time, 3, I do appreciate you saying this. :)

Happy I was able to help, when I still had unconditioned free time.

blackdreamnr

Sir can ask about the update , is it psp compatible now , ty :)
More power , been waiting for it so we and my friends can play on our old console :)

Nyzer

Hmm, well, Jot5 will never be compatible with WotL, if that's what you mean.