• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 01:28:57 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Master Sword

Started by Kenshin72, August 22, 2010, 05:41:42 pm

Kenshin72

What do you guys think about this? Master Sword and Hylian Shield.

GeneralStrife

I think i want dat now. Lol. very nice. does it work in game?

Kenshin72

Is it possible to replaces weapons now? If so I'll try.

mav

It's possible, but there's more to it than simply copying and pasting. By the way, the logo on the shield needs to be at the same angle as the rest of the shield. It could also use a few darker shades for depth. It's a good start otherwise.

Jon

Thats cool, but the perspective on the Hylian shield is wrong. The triforce should be consistent with the perspective. I have no idea what it is, but the red bird should have the right wing (our right) about 1 pixel down, same for the right triforce piece. Good job though.

Edit: Is there a Link or Zelda sprite out? I can't imagine it would be too difficult to make a Link sprite. Could use the male Mime's hat for Link's, Thief's green color palette, ect. Zelda's base could easily be Ovelia's I think.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kenshin72

I have a Link sprite about 80% done. I just don't have the drive to finish it.

Jon

Did you post it? I have never seen it...maybe someone else can finish it if its near completion. I liked the SNES Zelda, but why did Link have purple hair? >_> weird...

SilvasRuin

It could be possible to make a loosely LoZ based patch with all this.  Could be fun.  Make the Hylian Shield and Master Sword unique uber weapons and maybe one or two equipment that rival them but with some trade-offs for a different strategy/playstyle.

Actually, no wait, Mirror Shield would make a better ultimate shield.  >_>  Finish the Hylian Shield first then do Mirror Shield?

The way to replace something with those is to paste them over the appropriate stuff in the weapon sprite sheet.  You'll need to use the appropriate palette for it, or just change one (or two) of the palettes to suit them.

Kagebunji

Like Mav said, the angle of those symbols on shield are completely off, plus it is completely flat. I suggest not choosing soo many colors, cause there wont be too much depth. How much does weapon/armor/item can have colors?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

A single player patch staring Link sounds great. It would be fun to see Ivalice change into Hyrule, the monsters change into well...monsters (that can't instant kill Link) and other characters like the Black Mage would be enemies (there are Black Mage clones in LoZ A Link to the Past in the Swamp Palace! Run for the hills!!) How difficult would it really be to change an Ahriman for example into a Keese? Kenshin, please post that Link sprite, I would really like to see it. :D

Jon

I think this is more perspective correct. Try to base your shield off of an existing one, then it should come out better. @Kage: 10 colors.

Kenshin72

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... =13&t=1878

Still need some head replacements, hands need work, hat needs to be fixed in a few frames.

Jon

I saw your link, which linked me to a link to Smash's Link (which was maybe one of his first posts??). Your Link is pretty good, Smash's is amazing, but you have a whold spritesheet near completion. C'mon, you can finish it! Change the shoes too, I don't think they match well.

Jon

Young Link idea, using Ramza Chapter 1 as a base and the Goblins hat and ears:

Kagebunji

Colors are spot-on, hat seems flat, but I assume it is straigth copy of Goblin's and cann't be helped. Ear seems too big, and should be placed higher. And those whites things on his legs, oh dear it is flat, more shades ASAP.

Jon

This was just an idea, I don't want to make a whole (Young) Link spritesheet...

Kagebunji

Even ideas needs crits, Jon! You never know if someone won't pick it up, since this seems like an easy sprite.

mav

Not bad. The clothes great, except for the dark border above the pants. Look into what Kage said as well, about the ears and the hat. Good start.

Jon

Here is a crit for myself: the hat should be more droopy, the ears are too long still and Link has blue eyes. Also Young Link doesn't have a strap across his chest, get rid of it. Wait, now I'm giving myself orders, strange...

Maybe I should do a spritesheet of Link, I ain't really doing nothing anyways...and Zelda was fun to play, I have good memories of that series...

Kenshin72

There, that topic I linked to has been updated.