• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:59:56 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

First Time Creating Original Sprites

Started by gijo, October 28, 2013, 12:05:17 am

gijo

This is my first attempts at modifying sprites.

The first is Alexander. It is a pretty simple recolor of Delita (chapter 2/3).  I wanted it to look similar to a Perle Hauberk from FFXI.

Inez is the second.  I started with a base of the New Agrias sprite, added the lower body of a female monk, Meliadoul's lower arms, and Delita's boots.  I'm still trying to decide if I like the upper body the way it is or if I should change it.

Both are type 1 and work fine in battle (no jumping or loose parts).  And as you can see I don't know how to edit portraits so I felt them as is.

Kagebunji

Good attempts for first sprites. I like dark hair on Agrias, makes her feel all fresh and new, nice.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

gijo

Quote from: Kagebunji on October 29, 2013, 12:44:12 pm
Good attempts for first sprites. I like dark hair on Agrias, makes her feel all fresh and new, nice.

Thanks.  A lot of the characters are blond so I wanted to make it stand out a bit and I personally just like purple/gray/black as a color scheme.

After taking another look at it I cleaned up the sprite a little bit more.  Also there are 3 pallets to it, the first is a purple suit, the second is a white suit, and the third is a green suit).

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Looks good! The blonde overlord ruling of fft must be quelled!