• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:54:48 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Lijj

Oh my! Jon that made my day! Ok I'll play with it today it was about four in the morning when I posted that so I was kinda grouchy. I'll make a few alts. and we'll see which on works (:.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I told ya the neck was too long. We just needed Mav to put it in right words :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

The neck may not be too long if I raise the  top of the head. But i'll make a few varieties to chose from. One will be with a shorter neck. One with raised head and one with raised armor.

Lijj

Here are some new choices. I think three is where it's at with the palette adj. below..
But it's up to you.. and just realized I forgot the ear. Well this should move us forward a bit at least.

Wolfran

I like 3, but why don't you put a smile in that pretty face?
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Twinees

The neck does look a lot better in no.3.
There is quite a lot of banding from the chin to the ear, see if u can smooth that out.
I like the new palette, i just think that the brightest blonde colour is too bright. Very nice Lijj.

mav

3 is perfect. Great work, Lijj. I freaking love the original palette, though I kinda feel like the blues on the portraits should be a little more purple. Whatever though, it looks good. The new palette is a little too bright for my tastes. Mostly the hair, but the boots and shirt also. I really like her glove color though. Wicked work.

Lijj

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah the example alt. palette needs work; I just did it quickly to show that the whites were separated from the background colors, unlike in the last palette. the eyes look better in the 1st palette but it's worth the sacrifice for the palette varieties' sake.. So I'll go with it.
I'll keep the rose color (for the red palette) but change the rest so the final palette wont be too saturated; so right, that yellow's bright. I didn't even use palette editor for that. I'll also make the purples a bit more so in the port in palette #1..
I'll mess with the ear and update soon:
No smiles! as I've mentioned before I hate smiles!
In FFT battle portraits anyway

mav

Yeah, her expression looks fine as is. Smiles tend look wacky in FFT. Honestly Lijj, this is probably your best portrait and sprite so far. I'm really glad how this is turning out. Keep up the good work.

Lijj

Thank you very much Mav.. I edited the ear and now for paletting  it up. With the great Palette Editor!

Zozma

hmm im liking this only the hair seems a little rough. i love the outfit and the palette, the eyes on the port need to blend a little more use that gray color as part of her blue eyes....
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

Smiles on battle portraits sorta make FFT characters look like they enjoy killing random people they don't know, after all this is a war game. I know you despise smiles, but once in a while they come in use to make characters look either blood thirsty or "more powerful" (like Zack). Think about it, Zack is always happy and smiling even though he kills tons of SOLDIERs almost for fun or something. However, I totally agree, don't let this Knight smile. She looks just right how she is.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

the two shades of purple on the portrait, make them softer and also a little further apart in shade from eachother, more pastale,and make them  fadetothe gray slightly so you can make the eyes smoother too

Lijj

Fixed error on hair and messed with adding grey to the eye but it looked odd.
How's the palette?

Zozma

ohh i like that forward facing view, maybe the pigtaiils on the diagonalscan come out just a little more to match, i like that.... hmmm

edit: no it looks fine, i really like the primary palette for this girl, id love to use her as a white knight

i played with the hair a little, tho i couldnt do much because im at work, i was trying to make it look a little smoother... but im really just playing around

mav

Heh, the portrait for the one with the red clothes almost looks like a vampire. The palettes are pretty good--they're not aesthetically perfect, but they're basically the best you can do with the constraints the game forces upon ya. My only real suggestions are to use different shades of white for the third palette. It's a little too bright right now. You may also want to make the first one's portrait a little purpler. It's all up to you though.

Lijj

Zozma: great please do use her and edit how you'd like for your patch (: ; funny I have been calling her Light Knight in my own files, or Moon knight in the original concept.. I'm spending time with friends and family on this fine Sunday so I can't really do anything now- but keep that file there so I can get a close look at it. I kinda want to just move onto doing the male's counterpart... Let's see what happens tomorrow. i must prorogue this obsession for the day haha.

Mav:
I'll definitely change that 3rd palette's blueish tone; I trust your eye... and i forgot to bring up the purple on the first palette a bit.. I'm thinking only by one red and one blue On the two shades.

Thanks for helping refine this all and special thanks to Twinees for checking all the frames and editing a few.

Jon

Hmm, I like the fourth one the best. Very nice work Lijj and everyone who contributed! I think you could consider her as a female "Paladin" actually. There are so many units with the word Knight in them its almost ridiculous, thats why you should think of something without Knight. Actually, why they called Agrias a "Holy Knight" has always baffled me, she is a Paladin. Same goes for Wiegraf, he is a Dark Paladin. Funny...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Archael

lijj you are a very good spriter
this is imo your best so far