• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Games that you despise, and some people love it.

Started by Shade, July 17, 2009, 09:52:16 am

philsov

July 19, 2009, 10:40:22 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteI haven't seriously used Gau because of that.

Honestly Stray Cat is all you need.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kaijyuu

July 19, 2009, 11:50:16 am #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Good ole bugged stray cat.

Merit award/offering + tempest + stray cat = full screen clear of anything that doesn't absorb wind.
  • Modding version: PSX

Aquilae

July 20, 2009, 03:35:16 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
Well, I haven't played FFTA2, only a bit of FFTA, and I think if they're going to release another one, they should make the Job Points gaining similar to regular FFT where you gain it in battle instead of having to do missions over and over again to get them. They should also remove Judges or have one or two rules at most, I've heard that FFTA2's Judge system is pretty frustrating. In FFTA you could abuse
the laws and make some missions a joke, for example Hot Awakening at Roda Volcano is very easy if you ban Charm.
:gay:

SilvasRuin

July 20, 2009, 04:33:08 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
The FFTA2 laws often could be ignored.  I don't remember if law cards still exist though...  One law really isn't hard to deal with.  You had to either constantly deal (anti-)law cards or watch your every step in FFTA.

Mental_Gear

July 20, 2009, 05:59:50 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
FFTA2 had no antilaw cards, and unless you were playing on hard there was practically no penalty for disobeying (as it's next to impossible to die on normal). The judge system was just stupid though, especially in 1 where laws rotated day by day, you could easily manipulate it.

SentinalBlade

July 24, 2009, 05:38:25 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"Kingdom Hearts II sucked a big one.  I loved the first one though.

FFIX was fun, but I'll never play it again because of the blandest main character ever: Zidane.  Vivi = Awesome.  Steiner = Cool Enough.  Garnet = Cool Enough.  Amarant = Cool.  Eiko = Cool Enough.  Quina = Fmeh.  Zidane = Fun Blackhole.

And as for FFVII, I agree with whomever said it was overhyped but not overrated.  That game is amazing, but with a million people trying to shove how great it is down your throat, most people walk into it with a sour stomach.  And I'm still waiting on someone's reasons why FFVII is not awesome (I think it was either SentinelBlade or PX_Timefordeath).

It was me. its about 16,000 words right now, and about 35% done. Its gotten to the point ive added a table of contents, and submenus for most.

Teaser; TOC
Table of Contents:-------------------
   Story---------------------------
    Character Development----------
    Story Overview-----------------
    Pussy Villian------------------
   Graphics------------------------
    Key Points---------------------
     N64---------------------------
     Clipping----------------------
     Textures----------------------
     Animations--------------------
   Music---------------------------
    Composition(this ones a compliment)
    Quality------------------------
   Interpretation------------------
    Crisis Core--------------------
     Intillegence Required---------
   Fanboys-------------------------
    Oh Dear God--------------------
     The Aeris Fanboys-------------
     The Tifa Fanboys--------------
   Fangirls------------------------
    Why the population dwindles----
     The Tifa Defenders------------
     The Sephiroth blind followers-
     The Cloud Lovers--------------
   Outrageous claims---------------
    Sidequests---------------------
    Aeris Revival------------------
    RedXIII & Aeris Test Tube Baby-
    Cloud & Tifa Sex Scandel-------
    Zack and Aeris Whorehouse------
   Redundant mechanics-------------
    Battle System------------------
    Chocobo Fuckin-----------------
    Materia------------------------
    Equipment----------------------
   Bugs----------------------------

Note that the ToC will change as i find more things to add, and a few will be reworded(i think "Chocobo Fuckin" is gonna get me flamed, to say the least). All of the contents have a sentence or two in them, but from top to bottom, ive only fully completed up to "intelligence required"

P.S. I totally agree with you on the FF9 part as well. Such insanely awesome(overall) cast of characters, but the main character just...makes it hard to enjoy everyone else.

Edit: The HTML formatting makes it hard to discern things in the TOC, edited for clarity.

FFMaster

July 24, 2009, 05:53:50 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Games I hated

FF8 - Only redeeming factor was the card game.
FFTA - Just plain old terrible. Everything pissed me off.
FFX-2 - Gah. Might as well watch paint dry. It would have a better story.
Kingdom Hearts series - the characters REALLY annoy me.
Guitar Hero - go play a real one.
Most FPS games I find pretty boring. Same for MMO's which focus on grinding (most of them).
Tekken series - It always feels too button mashy whenever I play.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dominic NY18

July 24, 2009, 08:48:43 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"Kingdom Hearts II sucked a big one.  I loved the first one though.

FFIX was fun, but I'll never play it again because of the blandest main character ever: Zidane.  Vivi = Awesome.  Steiner = Cool Enough.  Garnet = Cool Enough.  Amarant = Cool.  Eiko = Cool Enough.  Quina = Fmeh.  Zidane = Fun Blackhole.

And as for FFVII, I agree with whomever said it was overhyped but not overrated.  That game is amazing, but with a million people trying to shove how great it is down your throat, most people walk into it with a sour stomach.  And I'm still waiting on someone's reasons why FFVII is not awesome (I think it was either SentinelBlade or PX_Timefordeath).

It was me. its about 16,000 words right now, and about 35% done. Its gotten to the point ive added a table of contents, and submenus for most.

Teaser; TOC
Table of Contents:-------------------
   Story---------------------------
    Character Development----------
    Story Overview-----------------
    Pussy Villian------------------
   Graphics------------------------
    Key Points---------------------
     N64---------------------------
     Clipping----------------------
     Textures----------------------
     Animations--------------------
   Music---------------------------
    Composition(this ones a compliment)
    Quality------------------------
   Interpretation------------------
    Crisis Core--------------------
     Intillegence Required---------
   Fanboys-------------------------
    Oh Dear St. Ajora--------------------
     The Aeris Fanboys-------------
     The Tifa Fanboys--------------
   Fangirls------------------------
    Why the population dwindles----
     The Tifa Defenders------------
     The Sephiroth blind followers-
     The Cloud Lovers--------------
   Outrageous claims---------------
    Sidequests---------------------
    Aeris Revival------------------
    RedXIII & Aeris Test Tube Baby-
    Cloud & Tifa Sex Scandel-------
    Zack and Aeris Whorehouse------
   Redundant mechanics-------------
    Battle System------------------
    Chocobo Fuckin-----------------
    Materia------------------------
    Equipment----------------------
   Bugs----------------------------

Note that the ToC will change as i find more things to add, and a few will be reworded(i think "Chocobo Fuckin" is gonna get me flamed, to say the least). All of the contents have a sentence or two in them, but from top to bottom, ive only fully completed up to "intelligence required"

P.S. I totally agree with you on the FF9 part as well. Such insanely awesome(overall) cast of characters, but the main character just...makes it hard to enjoy everyone else.

Edit: The HTML formatting makes it hard to discern things in the TOC, edited for clarity.

I'm waiting for this too. It should make for a good debate that I'll actually join and not just read.

SentinalBlade

July 24, 2009, 08:50:24 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Im glad thats how you see it. I plan to give it its own topic, and then add rebuttles and disputes to the front page. Anything is up for agreement/disagreement as long as you have evidence/valid points.

Bastard Poetry

July 27, 2009, 01:28:28 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
One thing I do have to point out about FFXII:RW though.. Kytes is a total badass. I hated him in XII, but he definitely blossomed into a fine young MURDEROUS ALL-POWERFUL FUCKING SORCEROR in Revenant Wings.

I'd recommend trying a Solo Kytes playthrough.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Bastard Poetry

July 27, 2009, 01:28:39 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
One thing I do have to point out about FFXII:RW though.. Kytes is a total badass. I hated him in XII, but he definitely blossomed into a fine young MURDEROUS ALL-POWERFUL FUCKING SORCEROR in Revenant Wings.

Bastard Poetry

July 27, 2009, 01:28:49 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

July 27, 2009, 01:42:25 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
bp, we are in an internets recession, and you, sir, are being wasteful.

Mental_Gear

July 27, 2009, 06:23:36 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Shame on you and your triple post!

BTW why did the normal site go down?

>_>

<_<

*nabs a revenant wings ROM*

Bastard Poetry

July 27, 2009, 04:40:07 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
These are strange times indeed, seeing that the damned message I failed to post three times did, in fact, post three times.

I'd go through and fix it, but I like the look of that carebear in EVIL TRIPLET FORM!

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

July 27, 2009, 05:04:32 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
And if you deleted them, my post would make no sense.  Well, it would, but it would just be me telling you to get the hell off my internets which I do not want.  bp, you complete me, do not get off my internets.

Vanya

July 29, 2009, 01:40:10 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I agree. They should have used non-unique monsters for Yahri(sp?) summons and neither the old Summon Monsters nor the Espers.
They aren't summons in the same sense as the ones in the rest of the series so that could account for a lot, but meh.
I would have been happy with just more classic monsters that didn't appear in FFXII.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Bastard Poetry

July 29, 2009, 09:38:59 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Yeah, but you get Kytes from the beginning!

Really, that's all I have to offer. The game was a disappointment in many ways. I found it strangely addicting during my first playthrough of it, even though I knew it was too tedious/easy. There was something about sending an army of tiny cactii in to fire off a billion needles at each enemy, one at a time, that was satisfying. Afterwards, I found the replay value to be mehhh.

RAMee

August 07, 2009, 05:36:51 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RAMee
Quote from: "philsov"Earthbound.  It's dragon warrior 2 with SNES graphics and postmodern themes.  Whoopie.  It still sucks.

Poo pwns you.

Zozma

August 07, 2009, 08:03:14 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Quote from: "Kaijyuu"
Quote from: "Aquilae"Heheh, the EXP curve in Maplestory is gay to say the least.
You think that's bad? Several years ago (man must've been like, 8 years ago) I played Graal Online. It started out as a nifty Zelda-ripoff MMO. You leveled up by completing dungeons, finding "hearts", swords and tools.

Then they came out with a sequel type game. They added a more "traditional" leveling up system: The required exp for each level was double the last. At level 1 it was 1000. Level 7 32000. Ect.
Each kill netted you ~25-50 exp.

Yeah... worst curve ever devised.

say waaat? you played Graal too? when it first started it was fun, but then they had to keep adding more stuff and make it complicated. I actually made some heads and a few of the bodies (like the one with the animated cape) (not the new version, the oldschool one.) but i mostly played on the German server after he main started adding too much crap
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!