• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 02:29:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

unit.bin problem

Started by wonderer, July 02, 2012, 11:20:51 am

wonderer

hi, i'm new here, and i have just started to try to edit fft. i've been reading alot about it, and i came up whit a problem. in tutorials says that i have to open unit.bin whit shisi editor. but when i try to do that after extracting the unit.bin whit cdmage, shishi editor pops out a windows whit error.
I attached a image of the error.
could some one tell me why is this!
Thank You!
Sorry for bad english.

wonderer

Also i realised that i posted this on war of the lions, but i'm using de psx version.

Xifanie

IO means input/output.
My bet is that you left CDMage opened with the ISO and thus shishi can't open it open it in write mode. It could also be because the file is set to read-only.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

wonderer

Thanks for the answer!
I tried closing de cd mage, but it's the same. and it isn't  in read-only

Eternal

Close Shishi as well if that's open.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

wonderer

yes, i tried to do it all again but nothing. also i realised that cdmage shows me something that i don't know what it is. i will put a picture.
should that been apearing when open de iso whit cdmage?

wonderer

I tried with the shishi version that it's on the download section on this page, and it don't even find the unit.bin. I red somewher in the forum that shishi wil find it if you change the extension unit.bin for unit.spr. but how do i do that?

Eternal

July 02, 2012, 03:11:41 pm #7 Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:03:24 pm by Eternal248
Actually, I reread your first post. You don't need to open unit.bin with it at all. Just open your ISO with Shishi.

EDIT: Seems like you were talking about something totally different. Nevermind.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

You don't need to use Shishi to edit your Unit.bin for formation sprites, you use EVGRP. Celdia wrote a awesome tutorial on it

Importing Custom Formation Sprites

wonderer

what i wanted to do is to change the sprites in the formation menu. i have already changed the sprites in the battle mode. to change the sprites in the formation menu i read that i have to modify the UNIT.BIN, and remplace simmon and old that stuff. am i wrong? maybe i got the wrong idea.

3lric

that is correct, but you dont do it in shishi, you do it in FFTEVGRP, look at the link  i posted in my last message, as I said, Celdia completed explained it all in her tutorial

wonderer

thanks! i haven't seen that tutorial ! iwill check it tomorrow and see if it works!

wonderer

I was able to do it! =)
Now I have another problem but not remplacing characters. (I'dont know if I should make another post) I removed the geomancer, the bard and the dancer to put there dark knights and white knights.
In playgame the characters display properly. but when I want to use dark sword and holy sword there comes the problem.
With ramza beign a dark knigt he can only use the insult ability (I put that one as dark knight ability) even when he hasn't learned it yet. the generic characters they can use the technicks that learned in the ability screen, but they can also use some of the abilitys that haven't learned yet.
Does someboy know why is this?