• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:29:58 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Vanya

September 11, 2009, 01:07:20 pm #340 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Yeah, there are no FF games that ditch the monsters. That might work for a hack that is an entirely new game, but it would certainly kill some of the variety.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Tersius

September 11, 2009, 01:16:33 pm #341 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tersius
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"If you don't want the player to get strong characters that don't need equipment, make all monsters immune to Invite.

Or just don't include the skill "Beast Talk" or w/e it's called.  It means the other talk skills won't work on them, but who cares?

Wouldn't removing Chocobos from an FF game be close to blasphemy? :P (This is a sarcastic statement btw)

SilvasRuin

September 11, 2009, 03:42:30 pm #342 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
It would be blasphemy.  Chocobos are the #1 most recurring characters.

boomkick

September 11, 2009, 04:00:17 pm #343 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"It would be blasphemy.  Chocobos are the #1 most recurring characters.

i think your wrong, the most occuring character is Cid (if you include names).

MiKeMiTchi

September 11, 2009, 07:03:53 pm #344 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
No doubt, cid is as plain as any day.

But still, chocobo is the #1 most recurring character , FOR BEING THE PROTAGONIST. lol. :)
*I think.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Helchilde

September 11, 2009, 07:41:55 pm #345 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Helchilde
I wont get rid of all the monsters. I'll keep the chocobo, goblin, panther, undead, and dragon. I also will be keeping the ultima and Archaic(sp?) demons. I am going to try to use the ability slots that the monsters have to make new ones, like wind, earth, water spells. I was thinking about replacing the monster sprites with special character sprites.

I always wanted to play as Kefka in FFT. :twisted:

Dome

September 19, 2009, 06:05:42 am #346 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 05:49:07 am by Dome
An idea I had some moments ago...a FFT 1.3 focused only on battles
Let me explain

FFT 1.3: Battle Rush (Based on FFT 1.3028 with vanilla fights)
- Every Job available since beginning, every ability costs 0 JP and every piece of non-rare equipment available since beginning at 0 gil (So you can start to play with everything you want without worring of jp, money, etc...)
- Every enemy in every battle will be at level 99 with set equipment and RSM (A lot of rare stuff around, sometimes protected by maintenance sometimes not...in a similar way to 1.3)

In this way, having every ability-job-equipment asap, player will just focus on battles, that will be very hard (Every enemy will have good setup and equipment ;P)
What do you think about it guys?
It's easy to develop this patch, it's just a matter of messing around with FFTPatcher...
Would you like to play it?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kunfusion

September 19, 2009, 07:37:37 am #347 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kunfusion
Dome, I really like the idea.

I'd thought about doing something like that before I actually joined the site. I even messed around with creating something like that, however, it really singles a ton of potentially useful equipment to just a handful. If the "late-game" equipment pool was more diverse for the four chapters, I think it'd make the experience far better. Of course, doing something like that could send the game in a different direction. I just think it'd add to a more enjoyable playthrough. I just don't much like the idea of wasting the "early-game" equipment.

Sephirot24

September 20, 2009, 06:37:24 pm #348 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Sounds great Dome! I also though of this some time ago. It's like a challenge patch, like "find the right strategy / combination and move on". Sounds fun! :)

thi13en

September 26, 2009, 03:13:49 am #349 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by thi13en
Im thinkin of starting a project mainly focusing during the 50 Years War.

FFT : 50 Years War

Basically you play the role of young knight Balbanes Beoulve, the hero who put up a sword to end the tragic war that happen in early Ivalice Kingdom. Roughly the event of this war is very little of information in detail as we only known the general story of the war.

Ideas :
- Because of the limited hack, create a fictional 50 Years War, using what known information that can be use as a guide.
- The chapters title change to Year xx/yy, this give an idea about the course of the story (exp The Meager -> Year: 25th of the war)
- No job editing yet, like new jobs/skillset. Use what is available for now.
- Some monster not appear at all, give an idea how bad the war is (monster fleeing for life :P

Because I have a basic knowledge of editing and sprite making, this project may take a while.
:gay:

Cheetah

September 26, 2009, 06:25:13 am #350 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The Search for Phantom Thief Zerro

Special Note: So I'm bored and can't do any real hacking where I am at so here is an idea that I have been kicking around for a couple days. I'm not really prepared to do this project, but I thought it was an interesting idea and could be a good learning experience so I thought I would throw it out there.

Story: This would presumably take place early on in Ramza and Delita's training at the Academy before they ran into Algus (presumably such a time exists). So the duo hear about a bounty/warrant out for Phantom Thief Zerro so they go traipsing across the country side looking for him. Not particularly original, but it doesn't need to be, it just needs to make opportunities for lots of detours.

Premise: So this is the important bit. The main idea behind this patch would to have it all be about making choices and branching paths. The game has the full capability to do such things and we understand essentially all of it, but it is never really used in the original game. So I would kind of like to make a really nonlinear adventure with many different branching and interconnected paths. Basically an experiment in how creative we can get in battle conditions and having previous actions influence later play in a variety of different ways. So making a few different choices would lead to a whole different story and even if you are going through some similar events they could be played out rather uniquely.

Example: So patch starts out with Delita and Ramza in the Academy Hall and they here a rumor about a bounty on our antagonist posted in the local tavern. Delita says "Should we go take a look at this wanted poster?". Branching paths start with Choice 1:

"Sure" -> Go directly to Tavern and hear that the thief may be at the Plains
"Not right now" -> Get recruited to go investigate a disturbance in Goug

After the Tavern the boys could just head straight to Mandallia Plains, however if the player happens to look at the actual rumors/propositions there will be one saying that there has been a bunch of thefts in Dorter. If the duo go to Dorter this particular fight at Mandallia plains will never appear again. But if they go to Mandallia they get a bit of a surprise, could get an ally if they make the choice and put the correct character into critical status, and can go to Dorter afterwards. But what will these choices affect in Dorter?

Meanwhile, if the pair are in Goug they are facing a string of battles with the potential to make a new allie, but are getting no closer to finding Zerro. After their adventures in Goug they will return and likely start along the same path, but new party members are likely to activate new events.

Limitations: In all reality very few. Now that we understand the structure of Battle Event Conditionals and general Booleans there are lots and lots of options and twists you can create. A bit more research into Worldmap unlocking stuff, but that is about it. Since this is about making lots of different complicated choices you probably wouldn't want to make it very long, but it has high replay value so you wouldn't need to.

Other Aspects: For better control and variety, I think that having no true generics would be necessary. There is just no good way to control what generics do and having them around limits the fun. This doesn't mean there wont be generic like characters though, just no inviting or recruiting. I don't even want to try and fit this into the overall plot of FFT, so avoid main story characters. It will be more fun to just throw in random guys and show off some cool custom jobs/sprites anyways. This will make for some interesting dynamics since Delita and Ramza will essentially have to play through parts carefully to recruit allies, otherwise it will be hard to make it very far on their own. Part of me wants to say no exp, no leveling, no random encounters, and no job change but I think it would take away from the actual gameplay aspect of everything and really wouldn't add anything. Maybe down the line though we will realize that the patch is so relatively short that such limitations enhance the gameplay.

What needs to happen: Like I said, I really can't commit to this project. But here are some things that might make me more likely to do it or support the efforts of others.

1) Thief Zerro Sprite: I would recommend using the 40 year old man in the suit as a base. Turn his suit jacket into a sleeveless vest and get rid of the tail flaps. Black pants, white shift, dark green vest, grey hair, and green eyes (I would recommend sharing lots of shades between the white/grey/black). I nice neat mustache and a very crisp haircut, I would recommend the hatless thief perhaps. An alternate version with a top hat would of course be required.
2) A bit more research into World Map drawing and battle starting conditions would be necessary. Link to thread: http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2911
3) A more complete ATTACK.OUT editor. Not that I'm pointing any fingers or anything...
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

September 26, 2009, 08:19:31 am #351 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Hmm....A different event and battle for the choice that the player made. This is interesting.
A Thief Zorro sprite...Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

September 27, 2009, 04:54:45 pm #352 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Very interesting. I think it would be a worth endeavor.
It even has potential as a series of gaiden stories.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SilvasRuin

September 27, 2009, 07:37:44 pm #353 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
If that is to be done, how about making newbie versions of all the jobs so it maintains the trainee feel?

Also, for the phantom thief, I can't help but think of a male thief with a female thief's bandanna stretching down over the eyes with eye holes , and a black palette for all the clothing.

LastingDawn

September 27, 2009, 07:47:10 pm #354 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Strange, I always saw him as an elderly gentleman with a top hat and cane similar to...

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

September 27, 2009, 07:53:58 pm #355 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Jimmy: If you wanted to take on the Zerro sprite that would be awesome. But like I said no pressure.

Vanya: Yeah it is meant to be fun and have lots of replay value, while teaching me lots about battle and worldmap flow.

SilvasRuin: Good thought, part part of the appeal of Zerro as a character is that he doesn't really turn out to be who you expect. On that note, your idea sounds like a great idea for a decoy Phantom Thief Zerro. Man you could have a lot of fun with that.

Lasting Dawn: We may or may not have had a conversation about that at some point... I like him without the jacket and just the vest for the main sprite though, I thief needs some freedom of movement. Though I suppose having hiding places in a jacket is important too.
Current Projects:

Skip Sandwich

September 27, 2009, 10:39:49 pm #356 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich

The phantom thief Zerro propisitions make me think of Trilby more then anything
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2009, 02:50:01 am #357 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Alright Cheetah, I'll give it a shot ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Oblivion

October 05, 2009, 12:50:13 pm #358 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Quote from: "thi13en"Im thinkin of starting a project mainly focusing during the 50 Years War.

FFT : 50 Years War

Basically you play the role of young knight Balbanes Beoulve, the hero who put up a sword to end the tragic war that happen in early Ivalice Kingdom. Roughly the event of this war is very little of information in detail as we only known the general story of the war.

Ideas :
- Because of the limited hack, create a fictional 50 Years War, using what known information that can be use as a guide.
- The chapters title change to Year xx/yy, this give an idea about the course of the story (exp The Meager -> Year: 25th of the war)
- No job editing yet, like new jobs/skillset. Use what is available for now.
- Some monster not appear at all, give an idea how bad the war is (monster fleeing for life :P

Because I have a basic knowledge of editing and sprite making, this project may take a while.
:gay:

I'd like to see something like this. Playing as Balbanes has always been something I wanted to do and the 50 years war would make it funner. Be sure to include other characters like a younger Wiegraf, etc.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

SolidSnakeDog

October 09, 2009, 02:51:53 am #359 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Sup all. I am working on my hack for some time and i think this is ready for posting. But before that i need to know if i made eneuf changes.
(Testing it for some time it but still need more testing)
So i want to make a demo so other people can help me improve it. (Mosly for bugs i missed)

For now here my hack progress :

1.All story battles enemies has a bit more that 2X the normal level in vannilla.

2.Enemies has acess to rare items at level 80+ (50 for Elxirs)

3.Enemies are smarter wen equiping abilities. Alot more learned too.

4.Monsters are stronger/has some new skills. And was given a few debuff imunity.

5.Changed the items levels so you wont get the huge equipement disavantage.

6.Some enemies can use sword skills.

7.Sword skills now cost MP.

8.Changed about half of the ENTD for random battles (Expect to see dark ramza and others...but some was unchanged)

9.Some ENTD give War trophies.

10.Changed many of the enemies story battles.

11.A few Costom made Abilities.

12.Most Spells has reduced Charge time. Same for Charge.

13.Add new Abilities for some jobs. And transfered a few and removed a few.

14.Zodiak can be learned normally for 1900 JP.

15.No-charge and Teleport 2 Can be learned for 2500 JP. (Ninja has teleport/Blue mage has No-Charge)

16.Changed Most of the equipements strength and the descriptions for em.

17.All armors add  +1 WA and Dagger add +1 SP

18.Conter Flood work on most attacks. And flood dammage was buffed a bit.

19.Potions are stronger : Potion = 50, HI-Potion = 120 and X-Potion 250.Aslo cost more gil.

20.Ether are stronger : Ether = 50, HI-Ether = 100.

21.Most Items Found using Move-Item is much better. (Now this is actually usefull to use)

22.All job need 1 more level that normal to unlock. (Excluding Mime thats got removed. see bottom)

23.Money gained during battles is halfed.

24.Level down traps = Removed.

25.New class : Blue Mage. (Calculator is remplaced. Aslo made a toturial to list all learnable blue magic...And Daravon was fired after that)

26.Reduced the monster insane PM. (But still higher that yours)

27.All level stats gain at the same rate for all jobs.

28 Truth/Un-Truth always hit 6 times. (But now cost MP)

(Needed to kill mime class so the enemies can learn alot more habilities)

What do you think? Ready for Submiting or need to do some more stuff before?