• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Parted Ways Bug Log (POST ALL BUGS HERE!)

Started by Eternal248, August 12, 2011, 12:08:11 pm

3lric

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 12, 2011, 06:36:18 pm
That's... really weird, since it's working on my ISO (just tested Sweegy). Come on IRC later, and I may be able to help you.

This is alot like the issue i was having Eternal
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Few bugs in .36 I've noticed.

-Seduce doesn't properly inflict Charm.
-Werewolf at Sweegy is controllable.

I'll fix these for .37.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Barren

December 29, 2011, 12:47:59 pm #42 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:28:28 pm by Barren
Have some more glitches for you

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Xifanie

- Alma HP bug
- Stats are reseted upon level up. While this is benificial in cases where you don't buff your units, losing 15 speed out of the blue isn't really normal.
- Female devout sprite has disconnected arms
- Blowdart doesn't inflict sleep like the description claims

Should you not add the bugs in the first page as a checklist? and so we know which bugs already exists to not report them again?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Barren

Just wanting to let you know regardless if I use Shishi on the clean ISO or not. the Reis sprite still looks messed up

Eternal

That's odd, I didn't change anything about it. When does it glitch?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Barren

It glitches when I go to the formation screen...the Reis dragon sprite appears fine in battle but when checking out your roster its a glitched out dragon with Ramza's chapter 1 picture on it. Also during battle the assassin sprite is glitched as well as the brigand picture

Eternal

I'm looking at the Brigand/Assassin here in Shishi and they look fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

Barren

Check out the PW 0.36 bug video I have here in the thread and you'll see what I'm talking about...you'll notice the brigand walking is really messed up, check from 0:06 from here on you'll see the brigand walking weird. And check 0:34 - 0:36 and you'll see the assassin attack animation glitched out

Eternal

I noticed. Could you try clean patching .361 and tell me if it persists? No need to use Shishi first, just patch and go.

Barren

Just saw the assassin attack animation and the brigand walking animation, it looks just fine now. Other than the Reis sprite being glitched out at the formation screen with the chapter 1 Ramza picture everything else checks out

Eternal

All right, sounds like an odd random bug. I think I know what's up with Reis. Would you mind coming on IRC when you get the chance? :)

ReaperOfMe

ive noticed when purchasing units the cost of each unit is 10000
when i started this patch my first thought was to buy my own randoms with the stats that i want like i always do
it shows the cost of males at 1500 and females at 1400 like Vanilla
even though i had 8500 it pointed out i didnt have enough money to cover the cost
i did a save state sold some gear and purchased a unit for test it points out the cost of 10000 only after chosing the
unit and changing its name

Eternal

Yeah, it's because the cost of recruiting units is determined by the price of their gear. I'll have that fixed in the next update. Keep the reports coming. :)

Panda_Tar

Just a small resume of what I saw in the first two battles. I just want to make sure what is related to my emulator and what is about the patch, if you can help me here?

Name selection: it appeared only R, instead of Ramza.
Birthdate: bug with kanjis didn't let me see what I was picking, so I ended up being a Lion guy instead of the intended Scorpio. :)

Orbone Monastery

• Entering Knight glitches while going in injured, but that you mentioned happens during events.

• Texts and Menus: Move has a C after it, then you have Wait in the place of Attack, and everything is a bit mixed up, so you have an Empty slot at the bottom where it still works the Auto-battle stuff. Sometimes the names get back, but never showing properly, so I don't really know until now what is the name of the...hum...Squire's skill, although I see it's not Squire anymore. I don't what it is because I can't read it in my Formation either. When I go learn an ability, Select for description seldom works at first. When I learn, immediately all text messes up with Kanjis and ASCII symbols making it impossible to figure out what's happening. It corrects (partially) when I close the menu and return.

• Agrias and Gaffgarion: they have a conversation there, but in the middle of the fight, after Ramza and Agrias already moved, when it came Gaffgarion's turn, Agrias turned to him and he turned to her and they had for a while, for not apparent reason.

• Glitches on Squires/Knights: whenever they attacked, graphics got glitchy, missing or else.

• Steelguard (is this the name?): when using this, only Ramza got the animation effect on himself, even if all other units got affected at the end with Defend stance.

• Level up: message of level up doesn't show anything, only an empty box. When showing the name of an ability, a full set of Kanjis displayed instead.

At the end of the battle, there was no dialogs, so I wasn't sure if you skipped all those or if something else happened.

Gariland

• I wasn't sure if I was picking Squires or Alchemists.

• Graphics seemed confused due I'm not familiar with them, and I couldn't read them either.

• New Song is nice. ^^

• Those items with such poweful effects in the beginning of the game felt odd, I even thought that they were there for the benefit of testing the game rather than for real play. I think I just might get the touch of the patch and forget a bit about how it was. ^^

That's that. I feel a bit hard to keep up without reading things properly. Kanjis instead of dash is not big deal, but all the messed up menus are making it a hard time, especially if it comes to analyze a Beta version, so I wonder what I can do to improve this. I'll read the thread now to see if it's a common matter as well.

Thanks!
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Eternal

Hmm, that sounds like a dirty ISO. Have you patched a clean, untouched ISO? Further, what emulator are you using? PW only seems to work with ePSXe due to the ASMs it uses. The menus shouldn't be messed up at all- if they were, I wouldn't have released it. :P

EDIT: Come onto IRC so I can help you even more!

Panda_Tar

Hum, that might be it...I forgot that I used that ISO for the One-who-must-not-be-named patch before hand. Might be the problem...I'll take the clean iso then and try again. My bad. haha

Screeshot on the other thread, so you see how I was suffering. That was the result of when I tried to see the description.

Eternal

Haha, yeah, when patching a new patch, always try and patch clean to avoid unintended bugs. Hopefully this will resolve the issue!

Panda_Tar

Creating another ISO right now, oh, dear...

Eternal

It's okay, we all make mistakes like that. That's why we're around: to help. :)