• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 01:34:42 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

ffta707

ET I wish you knew how to event edit. You would be good at leading a patch.

Dominic NY18

Quote from: "Eternal248"@Dom, I've thought of that, actually. But Agrias' Paladin nature would never allow an innocent to be harmed, regardless of her personal suspicions. Particularly when a known drug syndicate (Bart Company) is chasing someone. Thus, she may be suspicious of someone, and may not really want them around, but she realizes that it's her duty to do so. That's just my take on it, at least.

I thought Agrias relented because Ovelia said it was OK for him to come along.

Again, if this is just some alternate takes on events, then you can disregard what I'm saying.

Eternal

Wow, I totally forgot to reply to your post, Dom. Sorry. >_>

@Dom: Well if you looked at the ENTD, you'll see that Ovelia is joining Agrias in the battle at Zaland. Ovelia wants to help Mustadio, and asks Ramza to help as well. At that point, you get a choice: save Mustadio, or let him on his own (as in Vanilla). So basically, Ovelia wants to save Mustadio, and Agrias is along for the ride, being as loyal to Ovelia as she is. Thus, I suppose it could go eitherway. Either Agrias' desire to help those in need, or following Ovelia's orders. I suppose I could leave it up to the player to decide one way or the other.

Spell Renaming:
Because spells in each tier have vastly different effects than each other, I think it would prevent confusion if they each had a different name for each tier instead of II and III.

Fire - Scorch (Fire damage + Poison [burn])
Fire II - Blaze (Heavy fire damage)
Fire III - Inferno (Fire damage over an area over time)

Blizzard - Blizzard (Slow or Don't Move over an area over time)
Blizzard II - Hailstorm (Ice damage + Confuse)
Blizzard III - Frost (Stop around caster)

Thunder - Thunder (Random thunder damage hits in a linear path)
Thunder II - Lightning (Minor thunder damage and Blind in a large AoE around the caster)
Thunder III - Judgment (Tremendous thunder damage on a single target)

Water - Aqua Vitae (Heals target, but may inflict a random debuff)
Water II - Torrent (Moderate water damage in an AoE and Slow)
Water III - Withering Water (-2 PA to units in an area)

Quake - Gaia (Minor earth damage and Petrify in a small area in a small range)
Quake II - Tremor (Earth damage in a line)
Quake III - Cataclysm (Heavy earth damage and Don't Move in a large area)

Aero - Aero (Protect on units in a small area)
Aero II - Gale (Wind damage and Don't Act on a unit)
Aero III - Maelstrom (Wind and Thunder damage over a large area over time)

Dark - Crisis (Dark damage and Death on a nearby unit)
Dark II - Chaos (Dark damage and either Confuse or Berserk in a small area)
Dark III - Pandemonium (Minor Dark damage and either Poison, Blind, or Silence on all units)

Dia - Dia (Inflicts Petrify on the Undead)
Dia II - Shine (Holy damage and Blind on a unit)
Dia III - Divinity (Holy damage and Faith in an area)

Cure - Cure (Restores a moderate amount of HP to a small area)
Cure II - Heal (Restores a small amount of HP to all allies)
Cure III - Renew (Fully restore the caster's HP and status)

Gravity - Gravity (Reduces a target's HP by 50%)
Gravity II - Gravity Field (Reduces an area's HP by 25% over time)
Gravity III - Dark Matter (Reduces the HP of all units to 1; can only be learnt via Blue Magic from the battle against Zeromus in DD)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Looks nice. I just am not so sure about learning Dark Matter, it is hard beating Zeromus, and now this?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

And here is a sample of the new (new) script; this one taking place at the end of Riovanes.

Barrington:    Is this how you're to repay my kindness, daughter? With steel drawn at me!? Perhaps you forget that it was I who rescued you from the heaps of refuse that you once called home after your village was razed! Cease this foolishness at once!

Rafa:      You call what I do today foolish? No, this is justice! You killed my parents, and you've turned my own brother against me! You say you rescued us... but you were the one responsible for our village's destruction! I'll see to it that you can never again harm another innocent family!

*Rafa draws her blade, and Barrington pulls out his gun*

Barrington:   Are you certain that this is such a smart idea, my dear? You would so quickly lay your life down for "justice"? Go on then, kill me.

*Nothing happens*

Barrington:   Heh, as I thought. You could never kill me. Want to know why? Your body remembers that night. That night when you learned the ways of the world. The weak submit to the strong, and the strong dominate the weak. You tried to
resist, oh yes. And just as today, as you try to feebly resist, there is still naught you can do. Ah hah hah! How magnificent!

Malak:      Father... is that true?

*Malak comes out*

Barrington:   Eh?

Malak:      Father, is what you said true? How could you do that to us...?

Barrington:   You, too, don the traitor's cloak? Fine then. Khamja will be losing two of its members today, it seems.

*Rafa lifts her blade*

Rafa:      No! I won't let you hurt him!

Malak:      Rafa, no!

*Malak intercepts the bullet*

Rafa:      Brother! Brother... no! No... this can't be!

*Rafa holds Malak's head*

Rafa:      Brother...

*Ramza arrives*

Ramza:      Rafa! Malak!

Barrington:   You must be Ramza, the famed heretic. Don't even think about taking another step. Rafa, the Riovanes Devouts can heal your brother should I order it. But I require something in exchange, first. Search Malak for the Holy Stone and bring it to me. Now!

*Rafa finds the stone*

Barrington:   Yes, that's right. Now bring it here.

*Celia comes in and grabs Barrington*

Barrington:   Let... me... -cough- go!

Celia:      Die.

*Barrington is thrown off the roof*

Elmdor:      That man will hurt nobody else now. Now, can you hand me the stone,    please?

*Elmdor appears with Lede*

Ramza:      Marquis! Why- why are you here? I had heard that you were killed at the Fusse Plains!

Elmdor:      Death is a trifling thing, is it not? Now then, my dear, I'll not ask again. The stone. Now.

*Ramza steps out*

Ramza:      You've sold your soul to the Lucavi, haven't you? I can feel it... the "Holy" Stone has tainted you as well!

Elmdor:      It's been a while, young Beoulve. I apologize for my lack of manners in not thanking you for saving me back at Zeklaus. But alas, some things just cannot be helped. Now then, I'll be having that stone. I have no desire to cause as much bloodshed as Lord Vormav did. Hand me the stone, and I'll request that your sister be returned to you.

Ramza:      Bring Alma back first!

Elmdor:      You're in no position to bargain, Beoulve. Or perhaps you just didn't listen. Give me the stone first. The stone or your sister. Choose.

Ramza:      I will not.

Elmdor:      You played the chivalrous brother well, at least until now. You braved battling Belias the Gigas to find her, only to abandon her here.

Ramza:      I...

Elmdor:      Fine then, you've made your choice. Celia, Lede, subdue the girl and reclaim the stone. I'll take care of the heretic.

Ramza:      Rafa, stay close to me!

Rafa:      Brother...

*battle ends*

Rafa:      Malak, please forgive me... would that I stood up to Barrington sooner, we'd...

*Rafa sits*

Rafa:      Brother, from wherever you are, do you see it? The setting sun? We would always used to sit by the water's edge and watch the sunset, talking about our hopes and dreams... We were going to travel one day back to our village, and help rebuild it. Do you remember, brother? Please, say something... anything...

*Rafa sobs*

Ramza:      (Alma...)

*The stone glows*

Rafa:      What's this...?

*Rafa pulls out the stone*

Ramza:      The stone is responding to Rafa's despair? It's almost as if the stone, too, grieves Malak's death... If Belias was summoned by Wiegraf's pain and despair, then...

Rafa:      You understand my pain? Thank you...

Ramza:      Rafa, you mustn't listen to it!

*The stone glows and Malak is resurrected*

Ramza:      What's happening...?

*Malak moves*

Malak:      Ugh... what happened?

Rafa:      Brother!

Malak:      Sunset already? Where did Barrington go?

*The two embrace*

Rafa:      We needn't worry about him anymore... we're free, brother...

*Malak struggles*

Malak:      You're hurting me, ha ha!

-Inside Riovanes-

Malak:      "Somebody was calling me. It was a voice I've never heard before."

Malak:      "The voice told me to return to you."

Ramza:      A shard of Auracite?

Ramza:      "I thought the stones were evil, since the Lucavi dwelled within them..."

Malak:      "I suppose the stone's power draws from the will of its holder."

Ramza:      Alma...

Narrator:   Tiring of the impasse, the Northern Sky attempt to capture Bethla Garrison by mobilizing their Knights to the flank.

-Back at Riovanes-

Malak:      These corpses were impaled- their bones crushed. Something very powerful must have slain them.

Rafa:      Was your sister among the fallen?

Malak:      If she was in this castle, she's probably gone by now. There were three of the Knights' Templar here, and nobody else.

Ramza:      I killed the Templar who transformed into a Lucavi. The other one, Izlude, was dead as well. That means it was the third one who took Alma.

Malak:      If I had to guess, they took her back to Mullonde. Afterall, they're following the High Priest's orders, no?

Ramza:      You think so? I do not know if the High Priest knows of the Stone's secret. Wiegraf was unaware of the Lucavi until he made contact with Belias... and I think Izlude may have been killed while fighting the Lucavi.

Malak:      What do you mean?

Ramza:      I think that the Church may be using this war to build the peoples' faith in it once more. In doing so, the High Priest would become stronger than the King and Queen. I'm sure that's Funeral's plot. But I cannot understand why they are collecting the Stones and using the legend of the Zodiac Braves to manipulate their herd...

Malak:      You're saying that even the High Priest is being manipulated?

Ramza:      Indeed.

Rafa:      So then, who was the one who kidnapped your sister?

Malak:       I believe it was Vormav Tengille, the captain of the Knights' Templar.

Ramza:      Yes... it was most likely him.

Malak:      What are you to do now?

Ramza:      There is someone in Zeltennia I must speak to. A man named Delita.

Malak:      The same Delita who replaced Baron Grimms as the leader of the Order of the Black Sheep?

Ramza:      The very same. I believe that Delita may know the truth about Vormav and the Knights' Templar.

*The party leaves Riovanes*
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Kill_Bones

I really like the script, it is not "ENGRISSH" like the original, while also not the over dramatic version shown in the psp game. You did a good job finding the balance of the two extremes.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Dominic NY18

Quote from: "Eternal248"Wow, I totally forgot to reply to your post, Dom. Sorry. >_>

@Dom: Well if you looked at the ENTD, you'll see that Ovelia is joining Agrias in the battle at Zaland. Ovelia wants to help Mustadio, and asks Ramza to help as well. At that point, you get a choice: save Mustadio, or let him on his own (as in Vanilla). So basically, Ovelia wants to save Mustadio, and Agrias is along for the ride, being as loyal to Ovelia as she is. Thus, I suppose it could go eitherway. Either Agrias' desire to help those in need, or following Ovelia's orders. I suppose I could leave it up to the player to decide one way or the other.

I see. It sounds like you're going to be making these kinds of subtle changes throughout the game. I was thinking you'd just be adding some side stories to the main story.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Eternal

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"I really like the script, it is not "ENGRISSH" like the original, while also not the over dramatic version shown in the psp game. You did a good job finding the balance of the two extremes.

Thanks. I'm attempting a new style of writing, that is, my own. I've found that things come out awkward if I directly try and emulate WotL's style of writing, so I figured I'd try my own retranslation/cleanup.

Dominic NY18

That's a good approach. With the complaints about the style WOTL uses, someone trying to emulate it without really being too familiar with the ins and out of the style probably just make things worse.

I'm actually considering redoing the script again to see how it'll turn out. If nothing else, it'll make for a good exercise to get back into messing around with the game.

Dome

Awesome stuff
Seriously awesome
Looking foward playing it, and I would like to do a recorded-complete playthrough of your patch as well

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Good news, everyone! The new Summoning system works. There are a few quirks, but nothing gamebreaking. For one, Ramza holds up a Katana while using the Summon (as expected), and the Broken message doesn't seem to appear despite the Magicite breaking. Other than that, the Avatar works almost perfectly!

ffta707

Quote from: "Eternal248"Good news, everyone! The new Summoning system works. There are a few quirks, but nothing gamebreaking. For one, Ramza holds up a Katana while using the Summon (as expected), and the Broken message doesn't seem to appear despite the Magicite breaking. Other than that, the Avatar works almost perfectly!

Good job ET. This will be awesome.

Pride

Quote from: "Eternal248"Good news, everyone! The new Summoning system works. There are a few quirks, but nothing gamebreaking. For one, Ramza holds up a Katana while using the Summon (as expected), and the Broken message doesn't seem to appear despite the Magicite breaking. Other than that, the Avatar works almost perfectly!

That should be changed if you mess with the animations to it which i just tested it (check the animations tab i changed it to the same ones that the summoner uses 02 2c) and ramza didn't draw out the katana but did so when i tried a different draw out. and yeahhhh the broken message won't appear when you mess with the formula.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Eternal

Well I used the same formula as the Draw Outs did, so I don't see why that problem exists. Ah well, I suppose it's only a minor error.

Eternal

Magicite Locations:
A note: breeding is going to be disabled in the next version, meaning you'll have to find these monsters yourself in the random battles. Good luck!

Kupo Magicite (Moogle): War Trophy at Goug Slums; Rare Poach from Pigs.
Ardor Magicite (Ifrit): War Trophy at Gologrand Execution Site; Rare Poach from Explosives.
Diamond Magicite (Shiva): War Trophy at Barius Valley; Rare Poach from Elder Treants.
Elder Magicite (Ramuh): Move-Find at the altar in Lionel Castle; Rare Poach from Mindflayers.
Gaia Magicite (Titan): Move-Find at Belias' starting location in Riovanes; Rare Poach from Sekhrets.
Ruby Magicite (Carbuncle): War Trophy at Bed Desert; Rare Poach from Behemoth Kings.
Tidal Magicite (Leviathan): War Trophy at Poescas Lake; Rare Poach from Lesser Hydras.
Lordly Magicite (Odin): Move-Find at Dycedarg's starting location in Igros; Rare Poach from Tiamats.
Draco Magicite (Bahamut): War Trophy at Nelveska Temple; Defeat Yiazmat in DD.
Zodiac Magicite (Zodiark): War Trophy at END for defeating Zodiark.

Eternal

Script update: Orbonne/Gariland/Balbanes' Death

-Orbonne Monastery-

Ovelia: "God have mercy on us, we the sinful children of Ivalice..."

Female Knight: Princess, it grows late. We must go.

Princess Ovelia: I'll be just a minute more, Agrias.

Agrias: Princess, the rearguards have already arrived. We mustn't delay them further.

Elder: Princess, please don't give Agrias any trouble. You must hurry...

*Gafgarion, Rad, and Ramza appear*

Gafgarion: What the hell's taking so long? We've been waiting out in the rain for nearly an

hour!

Agrias: Mind your manners, Gafgarion! You're in the presence of nobility!

*Gafgarion and company kneel*

Gafgarion: Apologies, milady, for not wanting to stand out in the damp and catch cold. I'll

be sure to send you the bill should one of us get sick.

Agrias: The Order of the Northern Sky must be desperate, employing knaves such as you,

Gafgarion...

Gafgarion: Knave or no, we're mercenaries hired by the Northern Sky. Nowhere in the contract

does it state that I have to show you respect, "milady".

Agrias: Grr... how dare you!?

*Ovelia stands*

Ovelia: Enough, Agrias. Let us go.

*The squires get up and Ovelia walks over to Simon*

Elder: The Lord protects you always, my child.

Ovelia: Thank you, Simon.

*A wounded female knight comes in*

Knight: Lady Agrias... the enemy awaits outside the monastery doors!

Simon: Surely it couldn't be Duke Goltana's men?

*Agrias rushes out*

Gafgarion: Well, Rad, it appears as though are sword arms are needed.

Rad: I'm ready, master.

Gafgarion: What about you, Ramza? Do you have a problem with staining your hands to make

your pay?

Ramza: ...no, sir. No longer am I a Knight. I'm a mercenary, just as yourself and Rad are.

Gafgarion: Good boy, you know your place. Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's earn our

pay!

*Gafgarion and the others leave*

Ovelia: Gods have mercy...

*Outside the Monastery*

Agrias: You bear the crest of the Black Lion! Your Duke Goltana is a fool! Does he not

realize that attempting to harm the Princess will result in a war!?

Biggs: What a beautiful face this one has, lads! It'll hurt me so when we drive our blades

through it! Not as much as it's gonna hurt you though, lady! Hahaha!

*Gafgarion and the others come out of the Monastery*

Gafgarion: Rucksack fools, the whole lot of 'em! Afterall, only fools would attack head-on

and expect victory!

Agrias: Leave this to us Knights!

Rad: Should we kill 'em all, master? We can take their goods and sell 'em in Dorter!

Gafgarion: You learn quick, boy! Rad! Ramza! Follow me and kill them all!

Agrias: We needn't kill them, we need only disarm them. Besides, killing them is probably

what Goltana wants us to do! As mercenaries of the Northern Sky, killing Southern Sky

soldiers will give Goltana ample reason to declare war!

Gafgarion: Oh, but milady, we do our best business during war!

Rad: C'mon, Ramza. Let's go.

Ramza: There is something suspicious about these troops...

*Battle begins*

*Battle ends*

Ovelia: Unhand me!

*Agrias looks back at the Monastery*

Agrias: Damn it all!

*Agrias runs inside and sees Ovelia being kidnapped*

Knave: Quit resisting and I won't need to hurt you.

Ovelia: Why should I believe you!?

Knave: Sorry it had to come to this...

*Delita punches Ovelia*

Agrias: Hold there!

Knave: You have nobody to blame for this other than yourself or God.

*Delita escapes*

Agrias: Ovelia... I've failed you...

*Ramza sees Delita*

Ramza: Can it really be you, Delita...? But how did you survive the explosion? And why are

you bearing Goltana's crest? Why, Delita...?

-Gariland Academy-

Narrator: Delita's name first appears a year before the outbreak of the War of the Lions.

Veterans who returned from the war were unemployed, destitute, and their loyalty in the

crown wained. Many became brigands, plotting rebellion in the shadows against nobility. Out

of Gariland's Academy came many young mages and swordsmen, seeking to bring peace to Ivalice

anew.

CHAPTER 1: THE MEAGER

Cadet: Yet another caravan headed to Igros was waylaid on the Plains, I hear.

Cadet: You think it was the Corpse Brigade?

Ramza: I have a feeling something bad is going to happen... What do you think, Delita?

Delita: Well, I can only guess.

Ramza: What do you mean?

Delita: The streetears have it that Duke Larg is paying a visit to town.

Ramza: Duke Larg? Why?

Delita: And not just Duke Larg. Marquis Elmdore of Limberry is said to be visiting as well.

Ramza: That's news indeed! This wasn't an announced visit, though...

Delita: Think of it, Ramza. What more of an opportunity for the Corpse Brigade to make a

name for itself than to attack the nobility as they enter town. By not officially announcing

the visit, the Dukes are making it harder for them to become targets. That's also why they

need us cadets. The Knights are in full operation, but they need us to rout the brigands

nearby for Larg and Elmdore's visit.

Ramza: They need us more than ever, then.

Rough Voice: Fall in, cadets!

*Northern Sky Knight goes to the podium*

Northern Sky General: You've a mission, men! Since war's end, the number of brigands within

the area has grown, and their lust for blood with it! Reports of the Corpse Brigade drawing

near cannot be overlooked. Your first mission as Academy alma maters is to eradicate these

traitors! Joining the rush will be some of Duke Larg's sentries, as well as you cadets. Your

mission specifically is to go to Igros and aid in the defense at the castle's flank.

*Female Knight enters and whispers to the male Knight*

Northern Sky General: Arm yourselves! A small group of Corpse Brigandeers has entered town,

cut off from the rest of their unit. Your mission is to meet them in the city's streets and

cut them down before they can escape. Prepare immediately!

*Gariland City Streets*

Brigand: Rum luck, eh boys? We only got to cut down these wee lads, and we'll be on our way!

Don't ya worry! We'll cut ya down quick. Ya won't feel a thing... maybe!

*Battle begins*

Delita: Ramza, watch your back! Take 'em on one at a time. No need to play hero!

Ramza: Thanks for the advice, Delita, but I'm a Beoulve. I know my way around a battlefield!

Brigand: Beoulve, eh? No wonder ya got on such gaudy clothes! That means you lot must be

cadets from the Academy! I feel insulted that they'd send a bunch of snot-nosed ragamuffins

after us!

Ramza: Silence! Surrender, or we'll lay you to rest! None will mourn your passing!

Brigand: Big words from a small boy! Ya spoiled highborns will never beat us, ya hear!?

*battle ends*

Ramza: I cannot understand it... would that you've have lived an honest life, you'd have

died, grown old in bed, not in a bloodied heap...

*Ramza reflects on his father's death*

Balbanes: How goes... the war...?

Zalbag: Through our troops' swift action, we were able to reclaim Limberry and rout the

Ordalians. 'Twill be a matter of time before we rout them from the Capitol as well.

Dycedarg: The messenger sent to Count Lenario has returned, and the Count agrees to the

plan.

Balbanes: Then at long last... this war can... end... *cough*

Alma: Father...

*Alma starts to cry*

Balbanes: Please do not cry *cough* my daughter... I do not want my last sight to be *cough*

my beautiful young daughter... crying... *cough* *cough*

Zalbag: Where is Ramza!? How heartless that he should deny his own father a last visit...

Balbanes: My sons... my beloved sons... *cough* Though Ramza shares only half your seed, he

is wholly of my flesh... *cough* And my last wish to you is that you treat him and Alma as

such.

*Ramza rushes in*

Ramza: Father!

*Ramza comes to Balbanes' bed*

Dycedarg: Lower your voice...

Balbanes: I'm glad... that you made it... *cough* Let this old man see your face... one

last... time... *cough*

Ramza: Father, don't say that... the Alchemists will find a cure... I'm certain of it!

Balbanes: My son, just as one lives, one must also die... *cough* You've become such a fine

young gentleman... You begin the Academy in spring, do you not? *cough*

Ramza: Father, no, you just can't die...

Balbanes: Since the times of old, *cough* those bearing Beoulve blood stood at the royalty's

side, ready to take up arms in the name of justice. You must never shame your name, nor must

you tolerate injustice... *cough* You must follow your heart, and follow what you know to be

right... *cough* Live that life, Ramza. Live the Beoulve way... *cough*

Ramza: Yes, father...

Balbanes: Delita's a fine lad... He'll serve you well throughout the years, I'm certain.

*cough* The headmaster seemed shocked that I request a commoner join the Academy, but

alas... *cough* Further, should you not know where else to turn, visit Cid in Zeltennia.

*cough* I trust him with my life, as should you... *cough*

Ramza: As you wish, father...

Balbanes: Take care of Alma and Teta, Ramza, and become... a fine... knight...

*Balbanes dies*

ffta707

Ah! I knew you would make it better (Not to say it needed improvement).

QuoteA note: breeding is going to be disabled in the next version, meaning you'll have to find these monsters yourself in the random battles. Good luck!

Love it.

Eternal

Script Update: Mandalia/Igros/Sweegy/Dorter

-Mandalia Plains-

Highwayman: The boy still breathes! What'll we do with him, boss?

Algus: You'll let me go, that's what you'll do you foul milksops!

Brigand Leader: This one has a loose tongue. I say we cut it off, boys. Not that this one

matters. We already got ourselves the Marquis!

Highwayman: Y'hear, kid? Your charge is in our hands. Milksops we may be, but we're not the

ones who went and got ourselves kidnapped!

Algus: Just you wait... one day you lot will all be rotting in your graves!

Brigand Leader: That day is long in the coming! Go ahead, kill him!

*Ramza arrives*

Brigand Leader: Dammit! The Northern Sky louts are here! Ready yourselves, boys!

Delita: The Corpse Brigade is attacking someone?

Ramza: We have to save that man!

*Algus' turn*

Algus: Reinforcements? Looks like you guys will be meeting your graves sooner than you

thought, eh?

*IF ALGUS DOESN'T DIE DURING THE BATTLE*

Ramza: You seem unscathed. Are you alright?

Algus: I may be unscathed, but the Marquis isn't.

Ramza: Marquis? Do you mean... Marquis Elmdore?

Algus: The very same. Who might you be?

Ramza: We're cadets out of the Academy in Gariland. Tell us what happened. I think we may be

able to help.

*battle ends*

*IF ALGUS DIES DURING BATTLE*

Ramza: He still draws breath. Delita, hand me a spare Phoenix Down.

*battle ends*

Algus: My name is Algus Thadalfus of the Limberry Aegis.

Delita: That means... you're a Knight?

Algus: Not really a Knight... more of a cadet, like you all.

Ramza: I am Ramza Beoulve. This is Delita Heiral, my close friend.

*Algus looks at Ramza*

Algus: House Beoulve of the Northern Sky!? Such luck!

Ramza: Eh?

Algus: I beg of you, please help me save the Marquis!

Delita: What are you talking about?

Algus: I think the Marquis might still be alive. Those Corpse Brigade dolts kidnapped him,

and if we don't act fast, they'll kill him! I could never live it down should he be killed!

Please... I'm begging you! Help me, please...

Delita: Calm yourself. We don't know for certain if they'll kill him. For all we know,

they're holding him for ransom.

Ramza: Regardless, there is little that we can do alone. You should report this to my

brother, Dycedarg. He'll gather the troops up at Igros and will launch a search party.

Delita: Ramza's right. We should head back to Igros.

Algus: ...if you insist...

-Igros Castle-

Dycedarg: I heard of your victory against the rogues within Gariland. The headmaster sends

word of his pride for you and Delita. You bring honor to the Beoulve name.

Ramza: ...Thank you, brother...

Dycedarg: I would think that you would be happy, having won your very first true bouts.

Ramza: Oh, yes, I'm very happy. I thank you for the kind words, but... Brother, you have

heard of Elmdore's caravan being besieged by the Corpse Brigade, yes?

Dycedarg: Indeed I have. A tragedy, that.

Ramza: What would you have us do to help?

Dycedarg: You? Nothing. Zalbag has already assembled a search party. Given the

circumstances, they may demand ransom. That is, if he still lives.

*Algus stands and bows*

Algus: If it pleases you, sir, lend me a hundred soldiers that I may lead an assault against

these peasant-knaves!

Dycedarg: You overreach yourself.

Algus: Please, sir, let me avenge the deaths of my clansmen!

Dycedarg: Perhaps you didn't hear me. The matter is being dealt with as we speak by

experienced troops. With all due respect, Limberry is your domain, not Gallionne.

Algus: But sir...

Dycedarg: Consider the state of things. We've barely enough troops to defend our borders,

much less "lend" out to a cadet, inexperienced in the matters of strategy and war.

Algus: Ugh...

*Algus sits*

Dycedarg: Your mission is to guard Igros' flank. This ought to be an easy assignment for you

all. It's highly unlikely that any danger will reach this far into our domain.

-Igros Courtyard-

Algus: ...My family was once as revered as you Beoulves. But during the war, my grandfather

was captured. Coward that he was, he sold his allies out to the Ordalians to save his own

skin. As he left the enemy fortress, his surviving comrades struck him down. One of my

grandfather's few remaining friends spread the word of his death, and from that day forth my

family was cursed by a legacy of disloyalty. My father refused to believe a word of it, but

everyone else did, and from there we were forced to live as mere commoners. A shade of what

glory we once had.

*Algus throws a rock into the pond*

Algus: What does Dycedarg know of rank? Merit or no, he would never have met with me had it

not been for you all...

Young Girl's Voice: Delita!

Delita: Tietra!

Ramza: Alma! Zalbag!

*Teta, Zalbag, and Alma go to Ramza*

Alma: Brother, you came back!

Ramza: I promised I would, did I not? Brother, it has been too long.

Zalbag: Dycedarg tells me of your exploits in Gariland. Father would have been pleased.

Ramza: ...Thank you.

Zalbag: The Academy has made you dislike flattery no less, has it? Delita, you've grown

since last we met. Dycedarg tells me that you also cut down many brigands in Gariland as

well. Tietra heard as well, if you'd not know it from the smile upon her face.

Tietra: Delita, I'm glad you returned unharmed!

Delita: I'm glad to see you again, sister. I trust your schooling is going well?

Tietra: Yes, brother. Everyone is so kind to me...

Zalbag: Would that we could speak more, but brigands do not shackle themselves. If you'll

excuse me...

Ramza: I pray for your victory.

*Zalbag turns around, but stops*

Zalbag: Algus, Dycedarg wanted me to inform you that the Corpse Brigade demanded ransom for

the Marquis.

Algus: What!? Those swine!

Zalbag: Yet, I cannot understand it. The Corpse Brigade claim to only want equality, yet

they only harm their cause further by harming nobility. An organization with such strong

"ideals" would not simply kidnap the Marquis for Gil, I would think.

Algus: Ideals? They're nothing more than lowborn rats, I say!

Zalbag: The spy we sent into the Corpse Brigade has yet to return. He's most likely dead by

now, but the other generals see no reason to search for him.

Ramza: Where did you last hear from the spy?

Zalbag: The crossroad trade city of Dorter, east of the Gallionne border. When I was your

age, I always thought guarding a castle was such monotonous work. I daresay it'd not do any

harm to vanish for a few days. ...Wouldn't you agree?

*Zalbag leaves*

Delita: Tietra, I'm sorry, but we have to leave again...

Tietra: You needn't apologize. Please, just come home unharmed.

*Delita hugs Tietra*

Delita: Don't worry about me. I'll come back safe, so be a good girl, alright? Ready, Algus?

Let's go.

*Ramza tries to leave, but Alma interrupts him*

Alma: Tietra means well by it, but she's not telling the truth...

Ramza: Is something the matter?

Alma: Tietra is mocked at the Academy because she's lowborn... I do my best to quell others

from mocking her, but it's just not enough...

Ramza: Alma...

Alma: Sorry, brother, I shouldn't have caused you grief. Tietra will be alright, since I'll

be at her side always. Trust me, brother.

Ramza: It's not you I worry about, sister. But please, you mustn't overexert yourself.

Alma: Says the man who does anything and everything that's expected of him, haha!

Ramza: You become our mother in both looks and wit each day, Alma. Hahaha!

*Ramza leaves*

Alma: Brother, please be safe...

-Sweegy Woods-

Gerard: Come back, Chocobos! I, I even have some Gysahl Greens for you!

Black Chocobo: Kweh!

Algus: Look at that man quivering before chocobos! Let's leave.

Gerard: Hey, you!

Ramza: Us?

Gerard: Yeah, you guys! Can you spare a moment and help me wrangle these chocobos so I can

take 'em back to the Menagerie?

Algus: I think not, commoner. We have more pressing matters than cleaning up chocobo dung.

Delita: I think we should help him, Ramza. It'll only take a second.

Algus: What!? You'd forsake resucing the Marquis to collect chocobos!?

Delita: We helped you, did we not? I think you ought to return the favor by helping this

man.

Gerard: Oh thank heavens! Now listen, these Chocobos are feral, and they'll attack if you

get too close. Either let me tame 'em or you can put them to rest, it's up to you!

Ramza: Very well then. Let's go!

Algus: If we must...

*battle ends*

Gerard: Thanks for the help, guys. I suppose I should introduce myself. Name's Gerard

Merlose.

Ramza: Of the Merlose family of breeders?

Gerard: The very same. Unfortunately, breeding isn't quite my thing these days...

Ramza: Why not?

Gerard: I yearn for adventure! To visit the many unknown places in the world! ...it's far

preferable to chocobreeding.

Ramza: Then why not come along with us? I'm sure you'll get your fair share of adventure

then.

Gerard: Yes, that's quite the idea! I'm a grown man and I'll take the road I want! Goodbye

chocobos, I'm going on an adventure!

Algus: What a strange man...

-Dorter Slums-

Corpse Swordsman: I said I don't know! Put that blade away, and we can talk!

Caped Man: Talk? I'll have no more of your lies. I know all about Elmdore's kidnapping. Tell me where Gustav is, and I'll spare you.

Corpse Swordsman: I... I don't know, sir...

Caped Man: Spare your "sir"s! Where are you hiding the Marquis!? Answer me!

*Wiegraf drives the swordsman into a puddle*

Caped Man: I'll not waste my time further. Speak, or be slain.

Corpse Swordsman: The... the desert! Please, spare me!

Caped Man: The Sand Rat's Cellar, then... Out of my sight. Now.

*Ramza enters*

Ramza: Hold!

*Wiegraf turns around*

Caped Man: Hmph. The Northern Sky come to play.

*Wiegraf flees*

Algus: Looks like the trip was worth it afterall.

Delita: I know I've seen that man somewhere...

Ramza: Delita, do you know him?

Delita: I... I think I remember now. I saw him at Igros, at the end of the Fifty Year War.

*More Corpse Brigade members show up*

Delita: I remember his name now! It's Wiegraf! Wiegraf Folles! He was the leader of a volunteer army, then known as the Reaper's Regiment.

Algus: The Reaper's Regiment...? Wait, that means he's the-

Delita: Yes, Algus. Wiegraf is the leader of the Corpse Brigade.

*After the battle, in an empty room*

Algus: Tell me where Marquis Elmdore is being held! Now! That is... if you value your life.

*Man is silent*

Algus: I know that your leader was just here. Tell us where he went!

*Man is still silent*

Algus: You pig of a bastard! Say something before I cut your damn eyes out!

*Algus kicks him and grabs his hair*

Ramza: Enough, Algus! You needn't go any farther!

Algus: Ugh, fine.

*Algus lets go*

Algus: Hopefully you can listen better than you can speak. So listen well. Shortly, the Order of the Northern Sky will arrive. And unlike us, they will have no mercy on you or your clansmen. Each and every one of you will be slaughtered, as is befitting of brigands. Ah, but you're a lucky one! Tell us where Wiegraf is and we'll be sure to spare your life. Got that?

Corpse Swordsman: I spit on your "mercy"! And guess what? I don't know a damn thing!

*Algus kicks him in the face*

Algus: That's no way to talk to a noble!

Corpse Swordsman: You think we're just thieves? That we have no ideals?

Algus: Huh!?

Corpse Swordsman: You nobles are all the same. We were only human when we were fighting to protect you lot in the war. We risked our lives that you could keep your comfortable abodes out of tyrant hands. And now, you act as the tyrants we drove off! What the hell's so different about us? When we are cut, do we not bleed? Do we not need food and shelter as you do? What the hell does rank matter? We're all human!

Algus: Humans don't kidnap people- monsters do! Don't act so chivalrous, like you're trying to make things better for people!

Corpse Swordsman: ...Kidnapping Marquis Elmdore was not Sir Folles' plan.

Algus: What!?

Corpse Swordsman: We would never kidnap a noble just for the Gil.

Ramza: Then who was behind the plot?

Corpse Swordsman: You'll not get a word out of me, boy.

Algus: Then you'll not get any mercy out of us. Talk!

Corpse Swordsman: ...Gustav.

Algus: Gustav? Who is he supposed to be?

Delita: I think he means Gustav Margriff, the lieutenant of the Corpse Brigade.

Algus: So it was you lot afterall!

Corpse Swordsman: We're different from him. We take pride in that we fight for equality. Gustav no longer shares that ideal!

*Algus kicks the man*

Algus: You're PROUD of what you do? You bastards!

Ramza: Algus, again, enough!

Algus: So where is this Gustav person?

Corpse Swordsman: ...he and the other rats who share his ideals are hiding beneath the village ruins, in the Sand Rat's Cellar. Fitting for rats such as he...

Algus: Sand rats!?

Delita: Algus isn't from these parts, so he may not know of them, but the pests known as Sand Rats only dwell within Zeklaus Desert, to the north.

Algus: Disgusting...

Ramza: The village is long destroyed, making for a perfect hideout.

Delita: That must be where they stowed the Marquis.

Ramza: ...Wiegraf may be headed there. We must get there before him!

Delita: Yes, we should get going.

Algus: A Sand Rat's... cellar?

Ramza: A "cellar" is where Sand Rats mate and where they keep their eggs.

Algus: Ugh, the Marquis had better be there...

*The party leaves*

Pride

Just finished the new Dorter III battle for New Type. It uses the vanillia iso so don't expect the same battle upon its release.

• Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Eternal

To add to Pride's wonderful showcase, Malak will also say stuff and teleport out upon death. Thanks again to Pride for this wonderul battle. ^_^