• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:53:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

a new project(obviously)

Started by Samuraiblackbelt, March 18, 2009, 11:00:54 pm

Samuraiblackbelt

March 18, 2009, 11:00:54 pm Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:02:21 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
ok,so I'm working on ideas for a patch,right now it's just a job change for special characters,plus a few new generic jobs,when I get some ideas for a new storyline,then I'll work on that.

I want your opinion on these new jobs I have,and any suggestions will be much appreciated.

new special classes[/u]
knight blade
slash-same as earth slash,but non-elemental

cyclone-like spin fist,but with a height tolerance of 2

life-like revive,but with a height tolerance of 2 and less % chance of success

cunfuse-randomly hits 3 of 4 adjacent pannels,not sure about this one

leap slash-attacks any panel 2 panels away by jumping over any obstacle

last chance-instantly kills target by throwing equiped weapon,% chance depends on the % of HP caster have left

paladin
cure1-duh

cure2-duh

cure3-duh

esuna-duh

wall-duh

holy sword-casts holy on target,4 panel range,requires sword

new generic classes[/u]
alchemist[/u]
this is going to be the same as geomancer,but more powerful spells,and an MP cost,but no sword or axe or sheild equips
apprentice
(abilities to come)
gambler
(abilities to come)
ronin
I'm thinking about giving him the word skills,because I got rid of mediator,but if you have any better suggestions,they would be welcome
dragoon
(abilities to come)
bounty hunter[/u]
all I know about him is that he will have the ability to equip two crossbows,any suggestions for abilities will be appreciated
holy knight
stasis sword-same as original,but with a new damage equation

split punch-same as original,but with a new damage equation

crush punch-same as original,but with a new damage equation

lightning stab-same as original,but with a new damage equation

holy explosion-same as original,but with a new damage equation
dark knight
this is going to be the same as the holy knight,only dark elemental abilities instead of holy,because the dark knight is going to be male only and the holy knight is going to be female only,and all the ability names I had were on my other computer

generic job tree[/u]
(on my other computer)
I just realized a bunch of the work I have done is on my other computer that has a virus,and soon I can get all that back(one of the reasons it will be a while before I can do any of this)
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Kaijyuu

March 19, 2009, 02:13:27 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Comments on paladin:

Would be redundant if you keep the priest job. Cure and esuna are staples of that class. Keeping both classes would require a heavy edit of one or the other.

One of the few things I liked about FFTA was the paladin's "holy strike" (or something) ability. It was a regular attack with a mp cost, hit harder, and was holy element. Didn't require a sword; had the range, hit rate, and attack animation of whatever weapon was equipped.
Throw on a charge time and it'd fit right into FFT. (Would probably require some asm hacking though. Then again many of the suggested abilities for your Knight Blade would too.)

PS: Izlude is awesome. And basing a skillset off Crono strangely fits quite well.
  • Modding version: PSX

VincentCraven

March 19, 2009, 03:01:39 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Uh huh.

You ought to post this in the ideas thread.  You have not created anything as of yet, and thus your thread will be deleted in order to regulate this forum section properly.  Please read the announcement thread in this section for more information.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Samuraiblackbelt

March 20, 2009, 10:22:12 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
I don't want to put this in the ideas thread because there is a lot more I want to put here,and the ideas thread would just get cluttered,not that it isn't confusing sometimes already
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

Dominic NY18

March 21, 2009, 12:34:36 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
The ideas thread is just that so far, a bunch of ideas that haven't gone anywhere yet. Your post would be the most well developed post in the thread and would certainly get some attention based on that alone. And no, it isn't as cluttered as your making it out to be.

Since this is only about altering job classes so far, then you can probably whip up a demo or video showing a few of your changes. I don't want to sound like a hard ass, but I'm not going to let this stay open as is for more than a few more days without it.

Samuraiblackbelt

March 22, 2009, 02:10:04 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
oh well,I guess you should close it,I can't do any work for a long time since my computers is crap