• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:06:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

RedWorld's Sprites - I'm Back Baby!

Started by RedWorld, May 13, 2011, 11:46:23 pm

Twinees

Dont worry about the front view too much right now, show us a front diagonal view so we can comment further. You may even end up wanting to change the design or colours after you have fiddled around with it.
I like where this sprite is heading, keep it up.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mando

Right, what twinees said is true. Also not that  shading on the bottom of the dress is very imporant. I assume you want a "feathered" look. I'm not saying what edit I made is a feathered look but its heading in that direction. Also don't forget you still have 1 spare color as I told you on irc yesterday.

I would use that last spare color for the hair, so it wont be flat. That would give you around 3 hair colors, 3 for the dress I think your using about 3-4 skin ton then 3 for the feet. Of course and playing your cards right with the brown on the feet/legs you could share some with skin tone.  I would suggest darkening the shading just a bit where hands meet thighs. (Thats just me though)

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

RedWorld

Thanks for the words of encouragement~ <3 I'll do my best to keep working on it. In the meantime, there are more projects to be done! (9owo)9

EDIT: Meanwhile, I started to work on a fresh portrait and then started to fix Mercury's. The fresh one was supposed to be the Light Mage, which I used Micaiah's Radiant Dawn portrait. c: Basically, what it is is Altima's head with a Time Mage's bangs. I wasn't too good with the scarf part, but... Speaking of scarves, I THINK I fixed Mercury's! :D

BTW, about the palette, I finally figured out that I do more colors on purpose. When I do edit sprites and portraits, the colors from the previous sprites usually stay on or aren't detected and I use a program called Usenti to reduce the colors before I save. And they actually look really good. X3

Anyway, I give you a Light Mage and Mercury (once again)!

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

CONMAN

• Modding version: PSX

Mando

front hair of mercury's hair doesn't look right look at the top... the outline isn't closed in and that shading in contrast to the real dark part, is too dark compared to the front of it... I do understand the whole "the source of light" but that is still a bit off.

RedWorld

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, I'm not the god of knowing how to shade. xD;; But I will learn slowly, but surely! I promise you, Mando! ;w; <3

EDIT: (Wanted to do this because when I went to different forums, double posting was prohibited. FFFFFFFF)

I'll be going home in the morning tomorrow. I've got a hell of a lot of things to do, like go to a friend's birthday party and a graduation party, and hang out with my crush who I know I will never get. XP But at home, I have another monitor that I can use and not only will I be able to chat with you guys VIA IRC, but I will also be able to sprite without distractions and such. I also have a lazy eye and with this monitor, I will be able to see the sprites a lot better, which is probably why my sprites are so horrible. LOL! So starting tomorrow, probably around night time, I will be able to sprite much more than I have. c: I will also try to sprite on the plane as much as I can, just as long as my brain can take the tiredness. XP

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

GeneralStrife

RedWorld

OH LAWRD!!!!!!

LOL! I haven't been inspired lately. xD;; But anyway, I'm finishing the Gambler one (forgot who the design was by) and I'm having a bit of trouble. ><

I also found errors on Aida, so I'm going to have to make a second version. :'D Have you ever put her in the game and noticed her shoulders? They show signs of Reis' shoulders and it must be fixed. I'm also going to fix the bow so it doesn't look retarded. xD

EDIT: And so I did! I also fixed a few other problems that went along with it, like the color of the pink and orange. I'm sure you'll find it to be much better, even though it still may not be 16 colors just yet. (I worked on my old PNG, so...)

Mando

Just a bit of shading on top of shoulders and near hands (sleeves) and that looks amazing the subtle transition from the orange/pink is awesome.

GeneralStrife

I like your gutsy choice of colors yesh. This would be a cool ovelia replacement

RedWorld

PFFFFFTPFPTTPFPTT I didn't post for a while because the number of replies was on 69.  :lol: LOL! j/k

I just haven't been in the mood to be very artsy, especially as of late. I think it's depression, but I dunno. >< Also the fact that I've been busy for a while, so I had to get off or whatever.

But I'm spriting a bit again and this time, I actually found something besides my OCs that I want to sprite! I found this image on Pixiv and I thought it looked awesome enough to be a sprite. >w< Here's a portrait. I know it looks rusty. Also the fact that I used Photoshop this time around. c:

GeneralStrife

Good job, well I don't know who it's supposed to be but the portrait looks good....except I'm not sure what is goin on at the base of the neck, if thats a piece of clothing under the purple scarf colored like her skin or she has a weird neck disease.

RedWorld

YES. SHE HAS NECK CANCER AND IT WON'T BE CURED AT ALL. LOL!

No, I actually noticed that last moment and I need to fix it. >< I'll probably go and do that soon. xD

EDIT: Just a minor fix. LOL! I might've messed up a few things but oh well~

GeneralStrife

RedWorld

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Yeah, that wouldn't be good. xD

Anyway! I was bored tonight and did her map sprite as well. I know it doesn't look too awesome, but meh. I'm tired. Give me some slack. xD

Kagebunji

It's hard for me tosee what is on the bottom part of the sprite, it is a skirt I think, but it is too low for a skirt, as if it started on her knees. Perhaps make it a little higher.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RedWorld

I should've posted a picture of her, but she has a triangle-like skirt and then she has a longer pink skirt underneath. I know it doesn't look too well, but ehh. XP

GeneralStrife

I would post a picture, right now there is quite alot going on in the sprite.

Mando

you need to change the color of the skirt and remove the mini red triangles at the bottom of the shirt(the red looking ones) or it will not look good :|

RedWorld

Probably a good idea GS. LOL! Well, here it is. (Big picture warning)

Besides, it wasn't anything important. It was just a semi-practice/boredom. xD