• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:30:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

Mudvayne

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on September 05, 2015, 02:35:30 pm
I'll also be writing 'Guidebooks' to go in the Bravestory menu, explaining more about the Synth and Soldier Office upgrade systems.

Thanks for this! :)

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

bx7

Yes, I am super excited about this new chapter!!!! I just finished chapter yesterday. Aghhhh.. Lol.
But I will play through again because I went a little too fast, I didn't really build into all of the new class much less explored all of the main characters special classes abilities.

This is amazing!!!! I have mentioned it to many of my gamer friends, maybe I can find a friend here in Japan to translate the text into Japanese so I can have my Japanese friends also play hey friend here in japan to translate the text into japanese so I can have my japanese friend also play.

Thank you again for all of your time and effort you put into this game.

3lric

Greetings and thank you very much :D I think you are the first Japanese member we've had in a long time and I'm very glad Jot5 has made it that far! I would love to have Jot5 in other languages and would gladly share my scripts if it ever comes to that point.

Don't worry about not being too thorough with Ch1 initially, as the re-release adds soo much stuff, it's extremely worth the re-play anyhow :)

Xifanie

Sorry, to tell you this, but JotF cannot be translated to Japanese. The reason we can use so many modifications is that the kanji character space (where our roman languages do not require nearly that many characters), offers a lot of space for these custom modifications. Sorry :(

It would be possible if you were willing to translate it to hiragana/katakana only...
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Hyraldelita

But Xifanie, i could understand if you translate script, but the story only it's still not possible to put in kanji?

Even if they're japanese it wont be a problem for skills and class description since is nothing complicated, but if it's story only, it would still be a problem to translate it in japanese?

Nyzer

I believe she's saying that they've axed the kanji characters from the game's base "alphabet" entirely. I could be wrong, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

There are 2200 kanji characters in the game, both located in BATTLE.BIN and WORLD.BIN. We overwrote some of them indiscriminately because -we- don't need them. And we're talking about a lot of them. And not the same kanjis in both files. I'm sure you don't know of another location in RAM that we could use with such a big amount of space.
2200 x 35 = 77000 bytes; that allows us to have many modifications.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

Chapter 1 re-release honestly shouldn't be much longer. A recent change has been made that will expedite its release, as well as improve a particular feature. Chapter 2 will take a bit more (partially my fault there), but is near-complete. Hard to quantify in days, sorry.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Zyrku

Oh thanks, also, does this re-release involve that port for the psp? :D

3lric

It's not a port to PSP, we don't work on the WotL version.

All it is is that the SCUS will be a number that PSX2PSP will recognize. So people actually will be able to make a eboot of it now to play it on PSP.

Hyraldelita

i'm replaying the game for the 4th time, and i will a 5th when the re relase come out pretty much fun to play, if only Jp were gained a bit faster^^ good thing you guys fixed that in the re relase. 

P.S
after a saw zack and aeris sprite i hope you'll put tifa too, and let us use them all XD

And why something is telling me the guy/girl who give link the stone is meliadoul?XD

3lric

Hyraldelita

damn xD ahhaha  was so sure ahahha , i'm getting crazy about it! then who has to "repent" from TTF?XD i can't think about anyone else.
Izlude = Dead..
Wiegraf same as izlude..
Miluda? you killed it so no..
Olan have nothing to repent for...

all the shrine knights are dead..

oh my i really hope i can find it out in chapter 2 , this is making me think too much ahahah

Nyzer

After being renamed and raised as a Deathknight in WotL, Algus ("Argath" in WotL) has plenty to repent for before his ghost can move on to his final rest. In the spirit of sticking to his inconsistent name, he now calls himself "Ahhgorf".
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

LOL like I would ever use that chode, I mean, look at his haircut, he's showing the beginning signs of going bald

Pandemoniu

Speaking of Izlude, I always felt he got the short end of the stick.

It would have been nice if the game didn't off him like it did, or if the story of the stones more favored him by giving him a the power of a "good" stone, or something like that.

Maybe I just feel sorry for him. :( He seemed like a cool character otherwise.

3lric

Nah, i completely agree, poor guy never had a shot. Unfortunately not much I can use him for, being as he's dead and rotting at this point lol.