• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:04:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Squall Leonhart

Started by ChronosAragami, May 27, 2010, 03:17:05 pm

ChronosAragami

Ok, I just rearrange the Leon that someone created and posted in the session japanese spriting by BaitySM, I switched to 16 colors.

Knox

Tested it in shishi to see if its aligned properly? and it looks like half the sheet is missing.

I'm not too sure about the overly white dots in the front view, front side view, and back views, it kind of stands out.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Cheetah

FInishing this would be great, but half the sheet is missing. Who do we think the arms are  based off of?
Current Projects:

Knox

Looks kinda like Female Squire, or um.. i cant think of the name.
~Auranhiem

Cheetah

They might actually be Gafs.
Current Projects:

Zozma

looks like gaf to me as well
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Fur, so Gaff; unless they took the trouble to add the fur on each of the arms.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yes, I think it is Gaffy too. Just some minor edits were made(removing the spikes for example).

ChronosAragami

May 31, 2010, 12:43:32 am #8 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:23:25 am by ChronosAragami
Ok, first try using Gaffy as a basis.

Twinees

like knox said, those dots on his belt need to be fixed, you could either get rid of them, or make them a darker shade so they dont stand out as much. Also the singing/spell casting animation looks odd, it looks like he has a beard.
Have the arms been completed? in the bottom half of the sheet? while the body and head still remain incomplete?
if so, you dont have much way to go to finish this, good luck.
ps. use Seushiro's portrait of Squall, it is the bomb.

Kagebunji

No, looks like knox don't know the design of Squall. Those dots are part of his belt, and without it, it looks worse. I see you inserted the bottom half of sprite, but it is just a recolored Gaffy, work on it and it will be good, hope you will make it, Chronos.

Knox

Hey now, I said they stood out, i didnt say get rid of them. It just needed to be darkened a little bit, maybe made silverish, not removed.
~Auranhiem

ChronosAragami

The color that was on the belt, is the same as the eyes, if I darken, eyes will be dark too.

Cheetah

So I spent a whole bunch of time looking at all the sprites and I don't know how they made these arms. They aren't just slightly edited Gaffy and the aren't purely any other arms just with Gaffy's arm fur. So we need to do some testing to see how the current ones are working right now before we start making the attack animation ones. If nothing else so that we are sure we are using the correct sprite type.

There are many solutions to the white dots on the belts, definitely not a priority right now when he doesn't even have attack animations or arms we know work.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

I checked those today, and as you expect, there are problems. It is sprite type 1, however it looks like it is disconnected durong walk. So I changed it to type 2, it looked even worse though. This sprite is a mess to be honest, I dunno how they did those arms.

ChronosAragami

Then we can replace these arms, for example, the arms of gaffy.

Cheetah

Okay I'm making some progress on this. I have decided to use Mustadio as a base for the arms and it is looking good. I think they will all just need to be redone. Getting the fur added in and looking good will be tough though. I'm planning on finishing up a base pretty soon and then leaving it to others to complete.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Looking forward, Sir Cheetah. But are Gafgarions' arms not good? Because adding the fur to all the arms will be tedious work.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

The fur lining is different sizes anyways. Plus making the arms slimmer would likely be more trouble.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

This is all ready to be put into ShiShi for some previewing. I think that most everything is in the correct place. Obviously all the arms need fur added to them. That will likely be the hardest part. Then there are all the attack animations. Still a long ways to go, but this is a better start than doing it from scrap. I'm not liking the hair on the sprite that much though, especially the rear view.
Current Projects: