• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:12:45 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Lijj

For the blue and green, That's the best I could do since the palette wasn't made for cool colors I had to change a lot of tones in between blue and red. In the Hokuten pallete you can kind of tell it goes from blue to purplish to brown; otherwise it would be to stark somewhere. To make that one blue was a pain(so was the Death Corps one). I can re apply the yellow you had before I resubmit it.
I'll probably get that female going soon.
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

This new red mage is AMAZING. Only thing that bothers me is I can't tell what the waist area consists of.

RavenOfRazgriz

Use whichever yellow you prefer, I actually kind of like yours... I'm just undecided as to whether it's too bright or not.

But I see on the Hats.  Not much to be done I suppose, they don't look bad, just a bit off when next to one like the red hat.  Like you said, cool v hot colors.

Cheetah

These palette options are way better than the old ones.
Current Projects:

Kill_Bones

Loving the new palettes lijj, the old ones were too.....valentine-y..... with all the red and pink.

GS, I think the waist area is a belt with a gemstone

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Lijj

Yeah, it's a semi futuristic bejeweled power belt :)... more like something from the Ivalice of FFXII.
Glad you guys recommended a palette update. I lightened the blue on the portrait in the Hokuten palette and submitted it.

Thanks to T2 for pointing out the darkness of that blue

Knox

I'm absolutely adoring it so far.

Though from my perspective it feels like the hair is a bit plain? again im no expert
~Auranhiem

RavenOfRazgriz

The plain hair is actually nice for a change.  All of Lijj's hairs ends up being too exotic and then that's when you hit the art style boundaries.  The simple hair fits this well since the main feature is the hat anyway and stops that problem from occurring.

Can't wait for the female still, whenever you decide to do her in between the Power Rangers and stuff.

Lijj

Got to give the spriting section some:
dino power!!!

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6707.0

Kagebunji

February 18, 2011, 07:28:48 am #409 Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:38:04 am by Kagebunji
Portrait looks great, but it is soo not-FFT. For example of shading, look at Worker 8, his helmet shading is perfect. If you could pull something similiar on this Power Ranger, it would be awesome. What did you use as a reference?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

I love the so portrait, looks great. I'm not a fan of the sprite, he just looks a bit lumpy. I'm not sure how to fix it.
Current Projects:

Wolfran

Rofl, the portrait is so cool but I don't like much the mouth. Also the shadowing in the sprite (specially the back frames) looks odd. I want to see power rangers kicking some butts in my patch Jajajja.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Lijj

March 17, 2011, 09:55:19 pm #413 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:06:12 am by Lijj
________

_Here are some previews of the Power Rangers so far.. I have the 5 original done.

Be sure to check for updates soon here:http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6707.0

Twinees

Nice stuff Liji. On some of the portraits, the shoulders and necks (pink ranger specifically) need to have a different angle to match the helm. The pink ranger looks like shes leaning for a kiss (looks like she is pursing her lips together and neck looks stretched out.

The sprites turned out great. The only things i can suggest is making the whites on the blue ranger a slight bit brighter and that the pink ranger helm looks like it is at a different angle to the other rangers (Great job on the pink ranger skirt!).

Might have a closer look at the Ranger portraits later on and give you some Hitler crits on them... if you want haha.

Kagebunji

Man, this is sweet. Twin summed everything up, so there is nothing more to say. Personally I love Yellow Ranger for some reason, hehe. Blue's portrait is the best(I always loved the design of Blue Ranger). I can't remember correctly, but Green, White and Red Rangers were all one guy right? First Green looses power, then he turned to White or something. You plan on doing them?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RandMuadDib

Red = Jason, Green = White = Tommy
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Lijj

March 19, 2011, 05:47:54 pm #417 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:52:34 pm by Lijj
 Thanks for the feed back guys.. hopefully Sunday or late tonight I'll have a little time to do the touch ups recommended. (esp. that grey on the blue ranger) Because i'll be gone for a couple weeks by Monday. I definitely planned on doing the green one when I get back but not really planning white. if white's easy to base off of green I might do it.
Green will involve custom arms so it'll be the hardest Ranger.
I must say these original designs are so much cooler that the new Samurai Ranger ones.
Edit: I'll try to get on chat later for the Hitler crits :)

RavenOfRazgriz

Lol, Hitler crits.

Lookin' good, Lijj.  I'm getting back to work on things between Sunday and Monday myself so if I don't have at least that preview with them I was going to do in game done before you go it'll be done by the time you get back, hopefully with a nice sum of the event progress on the PR Edition in general done.

Yeah though, touch up Pink's portrait and the other things that were mentioned and these look good. 

Zuzka

OMG those are cute.!!! I love the Pink Ranger.