• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

Hm.  Actually, first.  Do these look like they match up?

[attachment=1:1ymvfcbx]Adventurer Match Test.png[/attachment:1ymvfcbx]

R999 suggested I do something like this,

[attachment=0:1ymvfcbx]Adventurer Match Test2.png[/attachment:1ymvfcbx]

jimmyjw88

May 25, 2010, 06:55:08 am #362 Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:41:24 am by jimmyjw88
Both works, to me. Can't really decide. Let's see what others say.

EDIT: Hmm...I guess hat works better as bandana looks more like thief / bandit.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Knox

I'm kind of partial to the hatless one, but if i had to choose between the bandana and the Indie hat, id definately go with the indie hat. ( Mostly because Indiana is awesome :] )

Also on a side note, if you're going for a matching look you coil color her boots and gloves the same as the male version? dont matter to me either way.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

mav

Heh, I'd definitely go with the version that has either no hat or the bandanna.

DeadManWalking

Not enough free colors to be able to do that, unfortunately.

Lijj

I really don't like the bandanna. In my opinion the hat looks wwaaay better.  The one with just hair looks too collaged(is it a dancer?).
Maybe you could make the hat more special to differentiate them more.

DeadManWalking

Lijj

Not that the hat looks bad at all but just minor tweaks.
For this hat(just an idea) it wouldn't take too long to make the groove at the top more indented. So it's more of a fidora than a derby. Or  you could flip the back part of her hat brim up, or both.
It's not super important but should be a standard.
I try to make different pieces for males an females. Like the subtle differences in the rice farming hats or hoods I made for gender diversification; Very slight but noticeably different.

jimmyjw88

Bandana does looks better though. I'm not going for hatless.

DeadManWalking

Here's another preview, I changed the gloves/boots/hair to match the males gloves/boots/backpack.

[attachment=0:oulx4vw8]Adventurer F2 Preview.png[/attachment:oulx4vw8]

mav

Good job. I'd change up the palettes a bit, but it's not completely necessary.

mav

The last four. Don't get me wrong, they don't look bad, by any means, I just think you could modify them a bit to better match the job. This is completely your call though.

Knox

Maybe change out the blue ones, for a light purple one, and a golden one with black hair?
~Auranhiem

DeadManWalking

I'm trying to keep them in line with the current faction palettes, which is Custon, Blue, Red, Green, Purple.

Knox

Ah yeah, then i guess they look alright then. Though id make the purple one more purple-looking.

Really fond of the red version.
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown