• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:18 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Knox' Sprites etc.

Started by Knox, September 20, 2009, 10:34:38 pm

mav

The back view looks way too straight. You should also consider darkening the lightest shade for the hair just a little bit.

Zozma

i really dont see why anything was wrong with the delita-ish hair as it were before making it look so flat.

i say all you needed was to have it much longer in the back and to somehow show its lenght in the front as well
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Well, I'm not ordering you or anything to change the belt. Just voice out my opinions about Shrine Knights.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Knox

Well i fixed the back side view so it matches the front side view, i also worked on alot of the other heads on the sheet, and ill take a crack at the back view tommorow as its getting late.

And an update from the above one, since i did some minor tweeks, fixed the outfits up a bit.

• Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

mav

Quote from: "Zozma"i really dont see why anything was wrong with the delita-ish hair as it were before making it look so flat.

i say all you needed was to have it much longer in the back and to somehow show its lenght in the front as well
This. You had the hair looking good before. Some would argue that this is more challenging than what you're currently doing, but it'll lead to a better looking sprite in the end.

Knox

I'm particularly fond of the one im working on, It's different and new as far as i know.

I've got most of it working alright but im particularly frustrated with the back view, and the back hurt pose, and some others, here ill post em.

Some of them i think i got close, and i decided to throw in all the poses i havent made match up right yet so you can give crits on those too.

Front hurt post to me matches up nicely, really like my strike pose i think it looks cool.
Death poses need work obviously.

I've been looking at Vormav's back hurt pose to help me with mine, though i gave up earlier ill give it another shot later.

Edit:
Just realized you'll probably need a larger view, here ya go.

~Auranhiem

Knox

So i guess I've decided ive been fooling myself a little, I've been looking at this hairstyle i been working on and all the other ones original, and customs here on and site and i guess mine is pretty shitty looking, I tried really har at it but its not working.

I wish i could do hair like Zozma, he's got some amazing custom sprites in general.

I did fiddle with the portrait a bit more though, and it needs some work but i like the way im going with the armor, I saw Meliadouls Portrait and had to have that design.

~Auranhiem

Lijj

Details look great Knox.

mav

Ah, good job with the portrait. I definitely like the direction it's taking.

Knox

I've tried everything with the face, but i like it so much as it is, that everything ive tried just kinda ruins it.
As or the sprite, ive been really frustrated trying to make the hair resemble the portrait more, and i really hate how fat delita's hair looks so i dont want to use it.
~Auranhiem

Lijj

Knox, come back now.. Don't leave forever just because someone was snooty with you in chat. Fuck em- we need sprite enthusiasts

VampragonLord

i think this is a pretty cool sprite! and im normally annoyed by all the shrine knights that float around in here...
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Knox

I'm still around, just internet issues really.

No chatter is going to knock me down any from keeping up here.
Now ive got my own internet though, so ill be on alot more.

Since i havent been on in so long though i havent done much with the sprite since the last post, and Smash WAS going to touch up the portrait a little for me but as you all know hes a pretty busy guy here :D

But no worries, ill find some time to get back into it asap.

The only other factor messing with my FFT spriting is the medicines im on, remembering to take them, the fact that they arent working right, i see my doc tommorow though so it should be resolved soon.

Peace out and ill get you an update asap.
~Auranhiem

mav

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing what you have in stock for us.

Knox

Howdy, long time no see!

Well i have a fairly finished version of this, just needs the portrait fixed i think, not sure it may work just fine.

My sprite may not be up to par with alot of peoples work, and i lack the inspiration to truly customize his outfit so this is the best i got for now.

Smash was busy, i havent been on so not much i can do with the portrait and trust me ive spent arrows fiddling with it but it just doesnt come out right so i leave it alone.
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

Good to see some spriters coming back. You plan on working on anything?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Knox

If i can get some help I sure would love to work on something, im kind of finnicky so it makes it hard for me to keep working on something if things dont go how i planned.
~Auranhiem

Knox

Lost everything :[

Will start over again at some point...
~Auranhiem

GeneralStrife

Long time no see, HDD crash or what?

Knox

Life happened, quite a few computer changes since I was working on those... The shitty economy... etc. etc.

Life is difficult, but I shall prevail.
~Auranhiem