• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Champion (Update - ASMs being worked on)

Started by Pride, March 05, 2011, 12:34:53 am

Pride

Overview

With the end of the Fifty Years' War, the High Priest Funeral decides that there is cause of celebration. A tournament between the powerful warriors across Ivalice is announced and there are many that wish to join, whether it be for the grand gil prize that is offered to the champions or be it the need to test one's ability. Each region (Fovoham, Lionel, Gallione, Lesalia, Limberry, and Zeltennia) of the game host different tournaments that lead into the final one at Murond. Each "tournament" or series of battles will be roughly five to seven. There will also be various other side quest and other challenging battles spread out through the map, which will often contain great rewards. The Deep Dungeon will also appear as an optional set of very challenging battles late into the tournaments.

Recent Events
Okay since I had problems with my laptop and I have to restart this project completely, I'm just going to post the concept here and updated it while I continue my work on it. This was a project I started a while ago with the basic idea of having a tournament based Final Fantasy Tactics, where the central focus is just battling with so me cheesy fighting-game-type story. I put this on hold when I found another project with a similar goal was being worked on, which is now the archived Ivalice Arena. I began working on a revamp of the vanilla Final Fantasy Tactics and learning other aspects of modding, such as editing story line progression, Attack.OUT editing, and asm. After the collapse of IA, I began tinkering with picking up the tournament base. Roughly two months ago, I put down the vanilla project I was working on and fully began working on this again until the unfortunate event . So, I might as well announce this and keep an update thread. Hopefully people will enjoy what I'm working on (this thread might keep me working as well).

• Reconstruction of Test.EVT, Attack.OUT, and WLDCore.BIN. In other words, the entire story line of Final Fantasy Tactics is gone and I'm replacing it with my needs to complete this project. New events and overhauled battles
  • Elemental weakness becomes x1.5 instead of x2.
  • Spells will be either Ally or Enemy only to remove the stupidity of the AI that will target two of its own allies just to hit one enemies.
  • Compatibility gets changed so it has less effect, going down to 25% for Best/Worst, 12.5% for Good/Bad.
  • Reactions are no longer triggered by Brave and trigger at a flat rate of 65%.

Because of the premise of the patch, this will be getting a completely overhaul to make the AI use the jobs more effectively, more focused, and remove many of the broken options in general. All jobs will be unlocked from the beginning with a set level of 35, with all skills learned as well, which also means all jobs will also have the same growth. 5 HP / 5 MP / 50 PA / 50 MA / 255 Spe

This is a list of Reactions, Support, and Movements that have been removed from the player, whether due to being broken or being just being irrelevant due to other abilities.

• Abandon
  • Blade Grasp
  • Gilgame Heart
  • Hamedo
  • MP Switch
  • Speed Save
  • Concentrate
  • Equip Change
  • Two Swords (Will be innate on a generic unit)
  • Two Hands (Will be innate on a generic unit)
  • Move +2, +3
  • Teleport
  • Jump +1, +2
  • Fly
  • Ignore Height (Will be innate on a generic unit)

Arcanist
A warrior who has studied sacrilegious and dark magic, these dangerous abilities should have remained forgotten.

HPM: 85
MPM: 125
PAM: 110
MAM: 110
SPM: 150 (10 Sp)
Mov: 3
Jum: 3
CEV: 5

Weapon: Rod, Book
Shield: No
Helmet: Hat
Armor: Clothes, Robe
Accessory:

Innates: None

Skill Set: Arcane Magic

Abilities:
Dark: Arcane Magic that unleashes an orb of pure darkness swallowing all light. Dark Element.
Bio: Arcane Magic that rots the body with a powerful poison, inflicting Poison. 19% Poison.
Drain: Arcane Magic that absorbs the life force from an enemy and returns it to the user. 33% of HP
Syphon: Arcane Magic that absorbs the mana from an enemy and returns it to the user. 33% of MP
Dark Passenger: Arcane Magic that summons a dark lord to strip off the health of its enemies. 4 Range, 2 aoe, 25% damage.
Zombie: Arcane Magic that causes the target to become one of the undead. Inflict Undead.
Death: Arcane Magic that attempts to cut the life force from its target instantly killing them.

Reaction
Counter Magic: The unit returns enemy only magic back to the user.

Support
Half MP: The MP cost of abilities are cut in half.

Movement

Dimensionist
A mage with the ability to bend time and space to his or hers bidding, capable of slowing down or even stopping time itself.
Yes, I stole RavenOfRazgriz's name for this. =P

Dragoon
A warrior trained in an ancient art, they are capable of great healing abilities.

HPM: 115
MPM: 75
PAM: 110
MAM: 75
SPM: 165 (11 Sp)
Jum: 5
CEV: 10

Weapon: Spear
Helmet: Helmet
Armor: Armor
Accessory:

Skill Set: Dragon Art

Abilities:

Reis' Wind: Dragon Art ability that grants allies with Regen in range. Heals 20% of HP.
White Draw: Dragon Art ability that regains lost MP.
Wyvern Wings: Dragon Art ability that bestows Float on allies within range. Heals 25% of HP.
Dragon's Life: Dragon Art ability that gives refound life into fallen allies. Revives units at 20% of HP.
Lancet: Dragon Art ability that deals damage and returns some of the damage to the user.
Bangaa's Cry: Using a cry from long forgotten allies, the Dragoon deals damage to enemies in a surrounding area.
Jump: Dragon Art ability that the unit leaps high in the air, dealing ranged damage. Wind Element.

Reaction
Dragon's Heart: Upon receiving damage, the unit will grant itself Reraise.

Support:
Defense Up: Unit gains added protection against Physical attacks. Reduces Physical damage by 25%.

Movement:

Elementalist
The Elementalist controls the Elements of Ivalice to destroy the body.

HPM: 65
MPM: 105
PAM: 75
MAM: 145

Weapon: Rod
Accessory:

Skill Set: Black Magic

Abilities:
Fire: Black Magic that incinerates that target with intense fire. Fire Element.
Blizzard: Black Magic that strikes with the chill of winter, causing damage to the target. Ice Element.
Thunder: Black Magic that shocks and burns its target. Lightning Element.
Tremor: Black Magic that causes the earth to tremble beneath the target's feet. Earth Element.
Aero: Black Magic cuts through the air causing damage to its target. Wind Element.
Water: Black Magic that attempts to drown its target. Water Element.
Flare: Black Magic that unleashes a powerful wave of energy, devastating its target.  

Reactions:

Support:
Geomancy: Lowers the target's Elemental resistence inexchange by using more MP. Absorb becomes Null. Null becomes

Resist. Resist becomes Neutral. Neutral becomes Weak.

Focus: Increases focus on Magic abilities. Increase Magic Damage by 25%

Movement:

Monk
A powerful warrior of Earth and Wind who chooses to use their body as a weapon.

HPM: 95
MPM: 45
PAM: 135
MAM: 75
SPM: 165 (11 Sp)
Jum: 4

Weapon: None
Armor: Clothes
Accessory:

Innates: Martial Arts

Skill Set: Punch Art

Abilities

Whirlwind: Punch Art ability that attacks with a spinning fist. Wind Element.
Pummel: Punch Art ability with great concentration enables the unit to through many punches in quick succession. Always hits.
Air Render: Punch Art ability that attacks with a burst of energy the unit deals damage from afar. Wind Element.
Earth Render: Punch Art ability that cuts the Earth asunder damaging all units in front of them. Earth Element.
Stigma Magic: Punch Art ability that focuses on ones aliments and relieves them. Cancels: Addle, Darkness, Don't Move, Doom, Poison
Chakra: Punch Art ability with the unit calming down to recover from the grueling battle.
Fury: Punch Art ability that raises ones Fury, increasing damage received and given. 10+ Fury

Reactions
Counter: The unit strikes back after receiving damage.

Support

Movement

Oracle
A mage who specializes in crippling their targets rather then dealing direct damage

Priest
Blessed by the church, the Priest follows the word of St. Ajora. The Priest uses the teachings from the Church to mend the wounds of and resurrect Allies that have had ill-fortunes on the battle field.

HPM: 105
MPM: 105
PAM: 75
MAM: 110

Weapon: Staff
Accessory:

Skill Set: White Magic

Abilities:

Pray: White Magic that praises St. Ajora, raises the Faith of an ally. +10 Faith.
Cure: White Magic that heals and mends wounds.
Cure II: White Magic that heals and mends wounds.
Guardian: White Magic that surrounds allies with a holy shield and restores a minor amount of HP. Add Protect/Shell.
Esuna: White Magic that purifies the body from harmful status. Cancel Petrify, Darkness, Silence, Berserk, Frog, Poison, Slow, Stop, Don't Move, Don't Act.
Reraise: White Magic that gives allies a second chance in battle should they fall. Add Reraise.
Life: White Magic that raises fallen allies with the spirit of St. Ajora. Brings allies back at 50% of their health.

Reaction
Faithful: Raises one's Faith. Increase Faith by 5 when hit with magic attacks

Support
Magic Defend: Adds protection against magical attacks. Reduce Magic Damage by 25%

Movement

Currently working on this.

Positive Status

1. Float
  • Makes the user to slightly float above ground, completely avoiding ground elemental attacks.
  • Infinite CT. Cancels Don't Move.

2. Haste
  • Distortion of time causes the unit to move swiftly. Increases units speed by 25%
  • Last 48 CT. Canceled by Slow.

3. Protect
  • With the blessing of St. Ajora, a barrier is formed to guard one from physical attacks. Reduces physical damage done by 25%.
  • Last 60 CT.

4. Regen
  • The unit feels refreshed after each action, slowly regaining health. HP increases by 12.5% after each turn.
  • Last 48 CT. Cannot stack on Poison.

5. Reflect
  • A reflective armor surrounds the unit, causing them to repel offensive Magic Attacks.
  • Last 36 CT.
  • Positive spells cannot be reflect, making the skill much more of a buff then it was in Vanilla.

6. Reraise
  • The unit is under divine protection, not even death can affect them. Unit raises from death after a turn.
  • Infinite CT. Cancels Death Sentence.

7. Shell
  • With the blessing of St. Ajora, a shield is formed to guard one from magical attacks.
  • Last 60 CT.

Negative Status

1. Addle
  • The units mind becomes fogged, forgotting many of their abilities.
  • Infinite CT.
  • All abilities are subject to this, unlike Vanilla only affecting Magical skills.

2. Berserk
  • The unit has gone insane with rage, tracking down enemies with only weapon strikes.
  • Infinite CT.
  • Units under Berserk no longer gain an attack boost as they would in Vanilla.

3. Charm
  • Under a spell of infactuation, the unit turns on its allies.
  • Last 24 CT.

4. Darkness
  • Vision is greatly impaired, causing the unit to miss attacks more easily.
  • Infinite CT.

5. Don't Act
  • The unit's arms are greatly damaged causing them to be unable to use attacks.
  • Last 24 CT. Cancels Charging/Preforming.

6. Doom
  • The life thread of the unit is in critical, which will cause the unit to die in three turns.
  • Last 3 CT. Cancels Reraise.

7. Immobilize
  • The unit's legs are greatly damaged causing them to to be unable to move.
  • Last 24 CT. Cancels Float.

8. Petrify
  • The unit becomes still and the flesh becomes stone causing them unable to battle.
  • Infinite CT. All status other then Vampire and Undead are canceled on Petrify.

9. Poison
  • The unit's body is inflicted with a powerful poison, causing great pain. Loses 12.5% of its health after each turn.
  • Last 48 CT.

10. Sleep
  • The unit falls into a deep sleep unable to act or react to its targets.
  • Last 36 CT. Canceled by physical attacks.

11. Slow
  • Time is distorted causing the unit to move much more slowly around the unit. Units speed is decreased by 25%.
  • Last 48 CT. Cancels Haste.

12. Stop
  • Time is completely stopped around the unit causing them to lose all ability to act or react.
  • Last 24 CT. Cancels Haste.

13. Undead
  • The units flesh begins to rot, not even death may save them from this fate...
  • Infinite CT. Regen and Reraise cannot stack and are canceled.
  • Unit absorbs Dark but is weak to Holy and Fire type attacks. Retains all other Vanilla features.

14. Vampire
  • The units thirst for blood consumes them causing them to attack friend and foe alike.
  • Infinte CT.

Neutral Status

1. Faith
  • The belief in the church overwhelms the unit, giving them 100 Faith.
  • Last 36 CT.

2. Fury
  • The unit gains great courage... And recklessness, giving them 100 Fury.
  • Last 36 CT.

Other Status

1. Charging
  • The unit begins focusing and concentrating on thier next attack, making attacks unavoidable.
  • Last until spell is cast.
  • Charging loses the damage increase present in Vanilla.

2. Crystal
  • The unit is lost forever and is unrevivable.
  • Infinite CT

3. Dead
  • With health dropping to zero, the unit dies but can still be revived.
  • Last 3 turns. All status are canceled on Dead other then Vampire and Undead.

4. Jumping
  • The unit launches into the air, becoming untargetable by spells and attacks.
  • Last until the Jump is complete.

5. Preforming
  • The unit begans a surreal dance, preparing thier attack. This causes attacks to be unavoidable.
  • Last until attack is completed.

Again, this isn't as filled out as I would like BUT feel free to suggest new support, job, items, abilities, etc. as I have plenty of room. Or if you want to suggest one of the battles for one of the regions. I plan on updating this as often as I can, I'm really looking to have a demo out very soon but with a few impending hacks it could be longer then anticipated.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pride

March 05, 2011, 12:35:34 am #1 Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:22:23 am by Pride
Stealing the second post in case I need it, I'll probably keep a change log here.

3 / 04 / 2011 - Created thread, inserted new status' in the patcher, added Priest, Elementalist, and Dragoon into patcher.
3 / 06 / 2011 - Added Arcanist and Monk Job information, beginning work on opening event.
3 / 07 / 2011 - Main work with opening event finished, began work on wldcore.bin editing.
3 / 09 / 2011 - Added the second event and first battle. wldcore and attack.out information all work properly. The dialog and enemy team are incomplete.
3 / 16 / 2011 - first series of battles at Igros completed, two talking events still need to be sorted out.

Kagebunji

Seems similiar to Ivalice Arena(tournaments etc.). Personaly I like it, if you need some sprites ask me, since I basicly work on one sprite ATM.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

@ Kagebunji

There are a few sprites I would want in the future but currently I just want to get the mechanics and game play down before I really start looking and asking around for sprites.

@RavenOfRazgriz

Great name =p

Update: Added the Arcanist information, beginning to do the Weapon information, and going to start working on the opening event and world map today.

The Damned

Good to see the whole IA thing is still on-going. I remember coming back like a week after R999 after me for help on it only to see that he got banned for reasons that I still have no idea why (like most anything else that happens around here).

If you need help with this, I'll be up for trying. I'm not sure how much help I would be, but it would be nice to have a break from my own patch.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on March 05, 2011, 05:11:13 pm
Everyone's stealing my Dimensionalist.  Haha.

Hey, I stole it first. I'M ORIGINAL DAMN YOU!
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pride

Well I still don't have classes and weapon ideas finalized. Just general opinions and criticisms is one of the best things I can get right before more things begin to fall into place. : )

Updated - Added the Monk abilities and information.

Pride

Update. Did work on the opening event, figuring out what numbers I'll need for the scus editing and did the little road from Lesalia to Goland. I opened a channel to show events, jobs, and other mechanics I would like to share with everyone. I want to upload videos of my progress fairly regularly.

I hate my voice.

Twinees

Eternal

Nice video. I look forward to seeing how this progresses! Also, your voice doesn't suck at all. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pride

Update - Second Event and first battle at Goland is implemented, the enemy team and dialog will be filled at a later time. Starting work on the second Lesalia Castle Event and I'll want to insert more information about the classes soon enough.

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

Alright after being busy for a few days...

update - Finished the battle layouts for the first series of battles at Igros each one leads the next with the battle formation being in between each, the two talking events still need to be completed but they will be at a later date. The first series of battles will be compiled into a demo when I have the battle system more solidified.

Pride

I know I haven't posted recently but I've been hard at work creating asm's for this. I'm also preparing to write all of the new formulas need for the patch. I also need to update the OP with the new jobs and mechanics but I'll do that later today after I've gotten some sleep. The ones below are working to their full extent and I have no issues with them.

--New Support Abilities Completed--

Vehemence - Increase the damage dealt on Magical and Physical Attacks in exchange for an increase in damage received.
Steadfast   - Reduce the damage received by Magical and Physical Attacks in exchange for a decrease in damage dealt.
Unscarred  -  Increase damage dealt and reduce damage received on both Magical and Physical attacks only when at 100% health.
Blessed    - Increase the amount healing abilities do (MP, HP, and revive formulas all heal more) and increase the amount healed when using a healing ability.
Turbo MP - Increase the amount of MP used in order to deal more magical damage.
New Fury Routine - (Attacker Brave +10) * (Target Brave + 10) * Damage / 10000
Weapon XA Calculations

Currently Working On...
Pierce   - Ignore the Target's defensive protection (Protect, Defense Up, Steadfast, etc.)
Unaware - Ignore the Attacker's offensive enhancements (Vehemence, Magic Attack Up, Attack Up, etc.)
Geomancy  - Ignore the target's defensive elemental properties (resist, null, absorb) and deal neutral or weak damage.

The Damned

Good to see that you buffed Blessed and decided to do with Turbo MP.

Not much else to say that I didn't already talk to you about. Get some sleep.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"