• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Wazzup?!? Can anyone help me??

Started by Cottage Cheese, January 29, 2009, 06:16:24 pm

PX_Timefordeath

January 29, 2009, 11:36:28 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
MUST FINISH SENTEN...

MagiTek v1.0

January 30, 2009, 10:07:29 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MagiTek v1.0
*Shoots Timeofdeath*
IN YO FACE!

Cottage Cheese

January 30, 2009, 05:49:19 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cottage Cheese
WhoOO!!! *high fives Magi* The prophecy has come!!
"I never blamed you... Not once."

---- Aerith G.

PX_Timefordeath

January 30, 2009, 08:13:13 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
*Calls Ike* Ike, BITCH SLAP THAT H*gets smacked by Ike*

MagiTek v1.0

January 30, 2009, 10:42:31 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MagiTek v1.0
*bitchs slaps Ike* I own as shiek...and I've owned even the most pro Ike users.

PX_Timefordeath

January 31, 2009, 01:37:52 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
*I SUMMON KIRBY WITH A GUN*

SentinalBlade

January 31, 2009, 03:17:01 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
QuoteEDIT: Sorry, i guess i was in the typing mood. i honestly dont know why i went on about SSBB in a topic mostly un-related. :P

You know who takes skill to actually use well? Yoshi. his movements are erratic, and even if timed correctly, can go for overkill on a dash or egg roll.

Shiek is very easy to use, and is almost abusive the way her transformation gives her split second invincibility. I can easily time this and counterattack most meele attacks.

Ike isnt cheap, he is just overpowered. he has excellent short-medium range, and can easily manuever about the battlefield. only slightly slower than fox if used correctly.

I main with gannondorf. Reverse warlock punch is easy to pull off and is even more easily the most devestating attack in the game damage wise.

Most of the time, you arent facing expert people who see it coming.

For those who dont know, its ganon's version of falcon punch, but timed right so that you turn around and punch, rather than punch the way your face. It is perfect to use after you knock someone off the edge, and they jump theyre way back up while your charging it, and htey normally land right behind you...yes, easy day massacre.

also, PX

Redux

January 31, 2009, 07:27:46 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"
QuoteEDIT: Sorry, i guess i was in the typing mood. i honestly dont know why i went on about SSBB in a topic mostly un-related. :P

You know who takes skill to actually use well? Yoshi. his movements are erratic, and even if timed correctly, can go for overkill on a dash or egg roll.

Shiek is very easy to use, and is almost abusive the way her transformation gives her split second invincibility. I can easily time this and counterattack most meele attacks.

Ike isnt cheap, he is just overpowered. he has excellent short-medium range, and can easily manuever about the battlefield. only slightly slower than fox if used correctly.

I main with gannondorf. Reverse warlock punch is easy to pull off and is even more easily the most devestating attack in the game damage wise.

Most of the time, you arent facing expert people who see it coming.

For those who dont know, its ganon's version of falcon punch, but timed right so that you turn around and punch, rather than punch the way your face. It is perfect to use after you knock someone off the edge, and they jump theyre way back up while your charging it, and htey normally land right behind you...yes, easy day massacre.

also, PX
Tis quite nice to see some ganon love. He's main secondary. I love pogoing with dair. People don't give the G-man more credit.He may not have many or any good matchups, but he is good in the hands of good player. But i still love my High-Tier Falco to death.

MagiTek v1.0

January 31, 2009, 12:38:22 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MagiTek v1.0
Ganondorf is eays to see coming, also I said SHIEK, I am absolute shit with Zelda, Shiek is the only character in the game to meet both my speed and ranged needs, on the otherhand Ganondorf doesn't even need to move to kick ass. As for Ike, he has to constantly be in motion and always after his opponent, one second is enough to give his opponent ground and to slaughter Ike. With Shiek however, I tend to get several seconds. :D
Ganon owns me though with that damn warlock kick...

PX_Timefordeath

January 31, 2009, 01:18:00 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
FYI, Ganon does NOT have the strongest move knockback wise. That title goes to WEEGEE!!!!

MagiTek v1.0

January 31, 2009, 01:27:29 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MagiTek v1.0
Ganondorf doesn't, well actually his warlock punch does. The reverse warlock punch deals instant kill at 20%.

PX_Timefordeath

January 31, 2009, 03:17:24 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
WEEGEE POKE actually goes farther at 150%

MagiTek v1.0

January 31, 2009, 03:30:21 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MagiTek v1.0
Yeah well...THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN FFT!

Cottage Cheese

February 01, 2009, 10:19:44 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cottage Cheese
WEEGEE!!! I WUV WEEGEE!!!!

---- Aerith G.

SentinalBlade

February 01, 2009, 10:41:14 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
lol Its odd how people will claim presedence over one or the other..

i mean that they say they are only good with one part of zelda/shiek.

Shiek is fairly easy to use and abuse. fast but weak, even weaker ranged. you have to constantly be on the move if your fighting someone like fox. who is in essence, faster, stronger, and has better recovery.

It is hard calling a character "cheap" or "overpowered". but some are just EASY to use, its not that they are extremely strong. it takes skill and good timing to use ganondorf, even more so with jigglypuff(i know KattoMeat(winner of several Tourneys in europe) and while i was helping him practice with jigglypuff(its a good strategy, no one expected him to be good with jiggly so tehy all underestimated katto) he whooped me for several hours before i couldnt take the abuse anymore. he then procedded to rape me with mr. game and watch.

Toon link is a bit scary looking, especially with the black outfit, but he is my secondary, and usually in a 2 out of 3 matchs tourny i dominate. i have actually gotten near 1700$ total(all went to my hospital bills) because people werent expecting me to control toon link very well. and in all honesty, i didnt. i just didnt fight links massive overkilling stops and procedded to eat face.

Back on the cheap topic

Fox and Ike are the only character considered cheap. this is not form a biased standard. this is from various data mining and actually breaking apart the code that is SSBB.

In actuallity, foxes movement speed is aproximatly 1.3 times that of toon link. but fox has twice the control. he does not slide around like nuts.
Fox is only .8 as powerful as ganon, but has so much more recovery time its stupid
Fox has a .4 defense multiplier, second only to bowser...but bowser is so large, if you hit his face (which is a big part of him) you dont even have to worry about his defense. fox is so small, you almsot always hit him in his defensive parts...

That doesnt even break the ice...his moves are really versatile, and dont require as much precision as people think. the "reflector move" (also known as down + B) actually has a 2 second window of oppurtunity. As in, even if the item hits you, is in the middle of hitting you, it can still reflect the item back at the opponent and remove the damage you have taken.

Im not even going ot go into Ike, as his numbers are just...making me sick... nintendo purposfully does the overpowered character thing sometimes, i swear.

Cottage Cheese

February 02, 2009, 12:29:02 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cottage Cheese
That's really interesting... Hmmm.... I wonder if you know Link's statistics? If his are overpowered, then maybe I'm not as good at SSBB than I think I am. Normally, I can whoop my buddies hands down with Link, but I could see Nintendo seriously abusing his power.

---- Aerith G.

SentinalBlade

February 02, 2009, 12:33:44 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Link is decently balanced.

He is of decent speed, decent attack, decent recovery, decent range. He is the jack off all trades master of none kinda character.

Problem with this is that he "Seems" cheap. but not rightly so.

Because he lacks in none of his areas, he can be made to cater any situation. if your fighting fox. follow close behind fox and whack him with your medium range sword. got a Ness on your back? arrow that sucker.

It is only cheap because your nto fighting other well balanced characters. you have nothing to exploit. Ness has his range, but his downtimes and charge times are rough. leaving him open to links range and speed. Link has no exploits, as i mentioned, but can easily exploit other characters weaknesses :3

Cottage Cheese

February 02, 2009, 12:37:50 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cottage Cheese
*nod* I know. My friends usually use Kirby and Peach, and I kind of feel cheap when I wipe the floor with them :(. So I use Luigi to make the whole deal fairer.

---- Aerith G.

SentinalBlade

February 02, 2009, 01:00:17 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
ROFL dont lower your standards so they have more of a fair chance. tell them to use an easier character to play, rather than make yourself luigi, who in all honesty, im better with than link...though i like link better >.<

DarthPaul

February 02, 2009, 08:06:27 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I enjoy Solid Snake for his interesting assortment of explosive based attacks, the power behind his punches, but mostly the taunt is brilliant.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die