• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:47:16 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[PSP ENTD Editing] Enemy generics and unlocked jobs/JP

Started by Donkeyton, April 02, 2010, 07:19:01 pm

Donkeyton

Is there some sort of hard-coded limit to how much JP an enemy generic has in any given job? And is there a way to edit, or control for, exactly which jobs they can have mastered?

The reason I ask (and I asked in a previous thread that seems to have been deleted, or lost in the recent site reboot) is that I'm trying to add enemy generic Dark Knights to random encounters for the sake of challenge and fun. Every time I add one, I end up inviting/enticing him into my party just to check which jobs he has access to. Inevitably, he is a Dark Knight in name and current job only. He has not mastered the jobs required to access the Dark Knight, so he does not have Dark Knight unlocked. Nor does he have any Dark Knight sword skills learned.

I've experimented with different ways of overcoming this problem, including making the base class Dark Knight and the "Jobs Unlocked" class Dark Knight. But no success.

Does anyone know of a way to beat this problem? Thanks so much!

formerdeathcorps

The reason why you can't recruit any enemy dark knights is because a Dark Knight requires you to gain 20 crystals.  All random units are preset to have killed 0 units.

I'm not sure how to fix this without ASM.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Donkeyton

Gotcha. And I assume the 20 crystal requirement is hard coded and untouchable through non-ASM means?