• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Some class reworks I'm thinking on

Started by Volrath_Rahl, April 29, 2009, 05:25:17 pm

Volrath_Rahl

April 29, 2009, 05:25:17 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Volrath_Rahl
Here's a few ideas I've been throwing around in my head.

Removing the stat healing items from chemists but leave remedy as the only one and creating new items that are throwable for damage instead, like bombs, moltov coctails, etc.  Also was wondering if we where to do this could it also include splash damage, like main square full damage surrounding ones half damage.

Thief getting some combat abilities, thoughts on a backstab attack that does extra damage if you hit from behind, or if surrounded dnd style. ;)
Also could we come up with a way to allow them to sneak through enemies (walk through) for extra mobility.

I believe we can do this but I want to see everyone's opinion on these ideas.

Thanks everyone!

Smash

April 30, 2009, 12:38:33 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
Im liking alot the walking through enemies thief idea... It'd sound like their signature ability.
But then we have teleport. Maybe having it as an innate ability for thief, so he could use that move slot for something else, perhaps.

Backstab also sounds nice.

Cheetah

April 30, 2009, 02:02:52 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I had a similar movement ability idea. Only I called hit "Shove/Push Through" and enemies would move aside just like playable characters do.
Current Projects:

Smash

April 30, 2009, 02:27:23 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
A different aproach, I thought once.. Turning dash into shove, increasing to 90% the chance to knock units one square back.

Something exactly like in Fire emblem POR, but with a small chance of fail.

Volrath_Rahl

April 30, 2009, 06:51:42 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Volrath_Rahl
Yeah, same thought here with the dash, I like the idea of making the squire more of a control character with the ability to move enemies.

How about throw stone stunning enemies instead of meager damage, small chance to drop ct or add confusion idk...

Another Idea I had was something I liked from Wild Arms XF, their sentinals made it harder to move around them, meaning wherever the sentinal was standing the squares around him where double move cost making it very hard to move past them.  I don't think it would be possible with this game but it would add some more strategy to the knight.

SilvasRuin

April 30, 2009, 06:56:22 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I thought of something similar with the knight, actually.  A dance type move in that it goes off continuously that inflicts Don't Move on surrounding spaces and on the Knight using it.  Call it Deadlock or something.  The concept would be the knight locks the enemies into combat with it or just holds them back.  Probably would be nice for choke points.