• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Victory Conditions Editing - Save Miluda!

Started by Cherrie, April 22, 2012, 12:44:24 pm

Cherrie

So to put it basically as possible I'm trying to change the victory condition on Miludas second battle to be Save Miluda instead of beating her. Using the battle conditions editor has led to some amusing outcomes. After reading the tutorial and using my limited understanding I used the editor to change 06008500000019004300 to 05008500000019004300 under the belief that Miluda living through the fight would meet the conditions. However since the battle began with Miluda being alive it was an instant victory instead. I didn't experiment if starting her off dead and then reviving her would postpone the auto-victory.

I then tried the victory conditions for the very first battle and it ended with what Ramza says right after that, then it warped me back to Magic City Gariland.

I also tried using a fight that would be similar, where you first save Mustadio which lead to the conversation you have with him immediately after the fight.

I'm not sure where to take this from here.

Pride

You're going to have to change a lot more then you expect to make it work, especially if you don't know what exactly you're doing. Notably you'll have to give up one of the talking scenes, turn it into a victory scene, and force the normal Miluda's death to a game over event.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Cherrie

Well I'm just concerned with getting the condition itself to work for now. I'm really just trying to take baby steps and learn how to do this. I figure I can use the two or three lines surrounding her death around into what I need it to be so I'm not to worried about that.

Pride

You don't need to change anything regarding that line actually as you want an event to trigger when she dies, but you want the event to trigger Game Over instead of "Go to World Map" which is when it turns into you needing to change a lot since the event would no longer have a victory condition.

Cherrie

I see. That makes sense.
Would it be simpler to just remove the conditions instead of her death being an instant game over? Sort of a "defeat all enemies, by the way you have a guest too" that sometimes show up in random encounters.

Pride

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, have the victory conditions run as "Defeat all Enemies" ?

Cherrie

Yeah that's it. I mean I'd have tried something similar but I didn't see any random encounters to use as an example in the battle conditions editor.

Pride

To make it run as that use 160019004300

1600 is the Defeat All Enemies condition
190043 is run Event 0043

Glain

I think the simplest battle that's similar to what you're going for is the Save Olan battle at Goland, which, other than the intro to the battle, just has these lines:

0600150000001900CE00  (If Olan is KOed, Game Over / Reset)
16001900CF00 (If all enemies are defeated, go to next scenario after Goland)

This seems like a template for what you want. You can assume the conditionals are being checked frequently, which is why making a conditional saying "If Miluda is alive, go to the next scenario" causes an instant victory, since that's immediately true. (I have a feeling you're right about being able to postpone the victory by having Miluda start off KOed and then reviving her, with the revive being an instant victory)

I'm not sure if there's a generic game over event you could use instead of 0CE since that one's specific to Olan, or if you'd have to create a new one. Actually, you might be able to just use 0043, but you'd have to change it to a game over event.

I guess you might need to create a new victory event, but I wonder if you could reuse a generic one (where the characters don't say or do anything, you just win)

Pride: I imagine the new victory condition would just be 16001900XX00, with XX being the victory event.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cherrie

April 22, 2012, 04:48:15 pm #9 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:00:51 pm by Cherrie
Quote from: Pride on April 22, 2012, 04:44:10 pm
To make it run as that use 160019004300

1600 is the Defeat All Enemies condition
190043 is run Event 0043
Oooh awesome, I'll give this a try.

Edit: That worked like a charm. That's fantastic.
I'll keep the Olan scene in mind once I've learned more.

Pride

April 22, 2012, 04:59:11 pm #10 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:09:02 pm by Pride
@Glain
Yes you could change 43 to another event but 43  is already set with the needed variables to make the story progress and with the game already going to the world map after victory. Less editing.

-Edit-
Quote from: GlainI guess you might need to create a new victory event, but I wonder if you could reuse a generic one (where the characters don't say or do anything, you just win

That may work in some cases but not this one because the game progression (x006E) and other variables are set in the victory event.