• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:48:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Request- Equip Change/Fur shop always available

Started by Cherrie, April 21, 2012, 08:53:48 am

Cherrie

April 21, 2012, 08:53:48 am Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:09:22 pm by Cherrie
I'd like to be able to use Equip Change without it eating up turns to add a little more flexibility to some characters.
I did see this mentioned before but I don't know if it ever came into fruition.

Edit: Rather than making another topic I figured I'd just use this. It'd be great if we could access the fur shop from the start of the game.

Xifanie

I see various issues with idea...
  • You could equip all kind of initial status equipment, adding reraise/protect/shell and just swap your equipment free of charge on the first turn

• You could make an enemy's attack effectiveless by swapping to elemental cancelling/absorbing or status protection equipment right before the enemy's spell goes off, and still have your turn

• You could equip extra movement gear, run a longer distance, then swap back to your original, protective gear (unless you'd somehow restrict it to once per turn)

• etc.

The hack itself shouldn't be so hard, but adapting it so it wouldn't be abuseable sounds pretty tricky. Yes, taking a full Act for Equip Change makes it hardly useable, but making it free of charge also makes it extremely abuseable to those willing to spend a little extra time when battling.

At least with Equip Change innate for everyone it doesn't take the support slot.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cherrie

Good point. I hadn't thought about all of that. Its intended use is more situational than anything. Considering the status equipment I'll change what a lot of those items do in my own patch to make it less insane. I've also made magic charge times really short so the elemental avoidance hadn't occured to me.