• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:17:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTOMGTZ BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

Started by VampragonLord, January 06, 2010, 06:32:10 am

VampragonLord

it IS possible to lose the opening battle though, depending on the random compatz the zombies get, not because D might miss or something, but he may prioritize one that is further away, and a close up one eats you, then you crystalize before he finishes his onslaught.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Mari

Yep, I lost the first battle first time.
Was heading toward the chest, killed a zombie, then it revived right exactly after I killed it and killed me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

SilvasRuin

Really, the only reason to kill a zombie in that fight is so that the battle hopefully ends sooner before it revives.

formerdeathcorps

Vamp, can you please send me your TEST.EVT?  I want to do some investigation into which command allows status restoration between battles, and I need to compare your events with those from vanilla.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dome

Some more update about this?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

VampragonLord

just finished finals so now i can wrap up what i was working on earlier. The more interest you guys show you the more i actually work on this btw >.>

scatttman

Dome

I want a new playable DEMO!!! xD

VampragonLord

*ignores you and resumes enjoying anime expo 2010*
maybe after the expo if i remember

ffta707

This sounds great. Once you get things off the ground, I'll be glad to test, and help you get some work done. Good luck, the features sound great.

VampragonLord

sorry ive been lazy with this, i could make up along boring excuse, but really, ive just been enjoying my summer and been distracted, sorry to those of you still tracking this, i will do my best to work on it more when i get the chance. I make no promises as to when the next demo will pop up, but i WILL be working on it when i have the chance. Sorry again to anyone i kept waiting for too long and thanks to those still interested in and following this.

Jon

I finally got this working (was a very stupid mistake of mine). This game rocks! I love the idea, and I honestly loled at Kage's Garnet as Zombies! Garnet. As a Zombie. Funny! Some things are a bit strange like you forgot to change the Type (1-2) of sprites, but no biggie. I also think you should throw in some save points, otherwise one constantly uses savestates, which isn't bad, but that leads to cheating <_< like reloading a few times just to see different results...Good job though, I like the challenge level. I haven't died in FFT for such a long time, this makes me happy! I almost forgot how the Game Over screen looks and the music for it! Another thing Vamp- the hero is a female but screams like a male unit.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

VampragonLord

the sprites are all just place-holders, and most(maybe all) of those mistakes have been fixed in the more recent (top secret) version. lesse.... i think im not busy monday so ill ATTEMPT an update then, though i may be staying out at a friends house tomorrow night so i may not even be home monday.  expect another level or so, and another event if i can flush one out properly later this week. maybe. (have a birthday party, a test, and a speech to give so itll be cutting it close)

Dome

Quote from: "VampragonLord"the sprites are all just place-holders, and most(maybe all) of those mistakes have been fixed in the more recent (top secret) version. lesse.... i think im not busy monday so ill ATTEMPT an update then, though i may be staying out at a friends house tomorrow night so i may not even be home monday.  expect another level or so, and another event if i can flush one out properly later this week. maybe. (have a birthday party, a test, and a speech to give so itll be cutting it close)
Tell me when you are ready, 'cause I'd like to make another video of your patch ;P

VampragonLord

got a bit of free time at the moment, think ill work on it til i head out

VampragonLord

toned down the difficulty of the second battle VERY slightly, planning out the general idea for the next battle, anything in particular my loyal fans would like to see? i think i have an idea youll like very much but im not sure.

Dome

Quote from: "VampragonLord"toned down the difficulty of the second battle VERY slightly, planning out the general idea for the next battle, anything in particular my loyal fans would like to see? i think i have an idea youll like very much but im not sure.
BOOOOOMER!

Mari

I'd like to see.. What your idea is. =P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

ffta707

Is there going to be different zombie types? You certain zombie strengths different colors.

VampragonLord

once i release the next update (fairly soon now) most of the common questions will be answered
There will be a few different "styles" to zombies, how they attack, move, etc.
Then there will be vampires, of varying strengths, ages, etc
finally there will be werewolves which will have less individual variety/power, but will be quite unique as well.