• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[OUTDATED] TLW 1.0 BUG REPORTS & CURRENT VERSION CHANGELOG

Started by 3lric, September 21, 2019, 06:26:07 pm

Squaresoft

Okay, this one is NASTY:

•In the 'Rooftop of Riovanes Castle' fight (1B1), if Celia or Lede gets "Item" as a Secondary,
they can revive Malak with a Phoenix Down! they always do in their first turn.
Malak will rise as an Enemy with ??? stats.
Since they only have Base and Chemist unlocked it happens REALLY often (3 out of 4 by now)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncqgs3fby64qv5n/MALAK%20Revival.JPG?dl=0

Using pSX v1.13 BTW, no messages in the console.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Quote from: Squaresoft on February 07, 2021, 05:50:06 amOkay, this one is NASTY:

•In the 'Rooftop of Riovanes Castle' fight (1B1), if Celia or Lede gets "Item" as a Secondary,
they can revive Malak with a Phoenix Down! they always do in their first turn.
Malak will rise as an Enemy with ??? stats.
Since they only have Base and Chemist unlocked it happens REALLY often (3 out of 4 by now)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncqgs3fby64qv5n/MALAK%20Revival.JPG?dl=0

Using pSX v1.13 BTW, no messages in the console.

Wooow. I guess that is a fallback from replacing his dead class with a temp attribute for just this battle. Easy fix though. Ill just make him like, team green or something. Right now im assuming he is on team red, which is why they would resurrect him.

Hilarious, but also kinda pissed that no one else has been reporting these errors... i will let you finish the game before i finish compiling 1.07.

Thank you for the help Squaresoft, it's just like the good ol days when Enix made action rpgs on their own and stayed out of my Final Fantasy

Squaresoft

February 09, 2021, 05:23:59 am #22 Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:48:50 pm by Squaresoft
Haha yeah, it was really funny! Had to finish the battle with Malak alive, he may be Lv.5 but I couldn't beat him...can't see how much HP he has and there is no time to play with Celia and Lede around.

Must say I'm feeling a little pressed with you saying that you will wait for me :P (actually an honor)
...since chapter 4 is LONG.

Things I found:
•DELETED
Sorry, too much text for something I forgot it was Vanilla.

•Animation Bug with Two Swords (Fixed by itself)
If you perform a Two Swords attack (with Polearms?) and the second attack can't land for any reason (enemy killed with the first hit or knocked back with a critical) something weird happens, otherwise it doesn't.

1° Battle the attacker's sprite disappeared for a moment (so I started testing).
Happened with Ramza and Ashley every single time.

2° Battle there was a "looking-at-the-camera" animation.
Tried with different weapons other than Polearms and the problem was gone, tried with Polearms again and the problem returned.
Tried with a RAW US ISO and there was no problem.

A few videos in Finath River:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vysxwy87hpf45c2/AABUJpXnBBLgz05pxIGCCIAXa?dl=0

3° Kept on testing and the problem disappeared. There is visual proof so I'm not that crazy, hah.
Can't say if pSX v1.13 stored something that, once closed it was gone. While testing I kept on ejecting, inserting CD and resetting.

•Dialog Bug in 'In front of Bethla Garrison's Sluice'.
A video can explain faster and better than my engRish
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nlpothos2eikt7/20210209_204232.mp4?dl=0

•Not-so-Undead Knights with Zalera.
Noticed that in The Lion War, zombie units are normal units (Consolidation Project) then convert into Undead when battle starts.
This doesn't happen in Zalera's fight.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoqragellx53bwf/SCUS_942.21_10022021_042944_0091.png?dl=0

•YEP! you can revive Alma too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytxg1rfjkqose4x/Alma%20REVIVAL.png?dl=0

•Many minor typos, some Vanilla and some News.

•Minor Gameplay Changes:
1) You are not able to keep Guest Characters equipment. Gaffy and Agrias items aren't something but the early Healing Staff, Barrette and Red Shoes are.
I DON'T REALLY MIND, they aren't unique but it's a change. You may want to ask others what they think.
Making them Combat prizes for Velius seems aesthetic and out of place since she is captured later, maybe the items can be "injected" in the Vorman's kidnapping Event.

2) I forgot, give me some time to remember.

•Agrias Birthday Event reduced money is 50.000, not 500.000.
MUCH MORE REASONABLE.

•Balthier Event.
In this event Ramza receives a sword attack with no "hit sound", just the swing sound.
If that was your decision, ignore this observation.

EDIT:
•Trying to keep things tidy.
•Removed personal comments, I will write them back in a final review later.
(Loving the Mod so far ♥)

3lric

Quote from: Squaresoft on February 09, 2021, 05:23:59 amHaha yeah, it was really funny! Had to finish the battle with Malak alive, he may be Lv.5 but I couldn't beat him...can't see how much HP he has and there is no time to play with Celia and Lede around.

Must say I'm feeling a little pressed with you saying that you will wait for me :P (actually an honor)
...since chapter 4 is LONG.

Things I found:
•DELETED
Sorry, too much text for something I forgot it was Vanilla.

•Animation Bug with Two Swords (Fixed by itself)
If you perform a Two Swords attack (with Polearms?) and the second attack can't land for any reason (enemy killed with the first hit or knocked back with a critical) something weird happens, otherwise it doesn't.

1° Battle the attacker's sprite disappeared for a moment (so I started testing).
Happened with Ramza and Ashley every single time.

2° Battle there was a "looking-at-the-camera" animation.
Tried with different weapons other than Polearms and the problem was gone, tried with Polearms again and the problem returned.
Tried with a RAW US ISO and there was no problem.

A few videos in Finath River:

3° Kept on testing and the problem disappeared. There is visual proof so I'm not that crazy, hah.
Can't say if pSX v1.13 stored something that, once closed it was gone. While testing I kept on ejecting, inserting CD and resetting.

what do you mean fixed by itself?

Quote from: undefined•Dialog Bug in 'In front of Bethla Garrison's Sluice'.
A video can explain faster and better than my engRish
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nlpothos2eikt7/20210209_204232.mp4?dl=0
Yeah looks like the dialogue didnt have a close requirement before the camera, easy fix on my end.

Quote from: undefined•Not-so-Undead Knights with Zalera.
Noticed that in The Lion War, zombie units are normal units (Consolidation Project) then convert into Undead when battle starts.
This doesn't happen in Zalera's fight.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoqragellx53bwf/SCUS_942.21_10022021_042944_0091.png?dl=0

As mentioned in the OP, this goes along with the Zalera bug, we don't know why it does this, but it is a thing. After 7 years and many event slots for this event, we still aren't sure why.

Quote from: undefined•YEP! you can revive Alma too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytxg1rfjkqose4x/Alma%20REVIVAL.png?dl=0

Already fixed in special snowflakes

Quote from: undefined•Many minor typos, some Vanilla and some News.

Not sure why these even exist, but ill fix em up.

Quote from: undefined•Minor Gameplay Changes:
1) You are not able to keep Guest Characters equipment. Gaffy and Agrias items aren't something but the early Healing Staff, Barrette and Red Shoes are.
I DON'T REALLY MIND, they aren't unique but it's a change. You may want to ask others what they think.
Making them Combat prizes for Velius seems aesthetic and out of place since she is captured later, maybe the items can be "injected" in the Vorman's kidnapping Event.
Maybe, but nothing is anything that cannot still be gotten in game via purchase or fur shop. I feel like this was a small price to pay, for the additional UW space to be freed up.

Quote from: undefined2) I forgot, give me some time to remember.
[/spoiler]

okay

Quote from: undefined•Agrias Birthday Event reduced money is 50.000, not 500.000.
MUCH MORE REASONABLE.

It is 500,000 as per its WotL requirements. If you fight every battle up until that point (not even including randoms) and sell off/buy new equipment when necessary, youll still have more than enough money in Chapter 4 after a few random battles. By that point, randoms should be netting you 40,000-50,000 a piece.

Quote from: undefined•Balthier Event.
In this event Ramza receives a sword attack with no "hit sound", just the swing sound.
If that was your decision, ignore this observation.

I will yell at Nyzer about this, i thought this was fixed in a older version of my event.

Quote from: undefinedEDIT:
•Trying to keep things tidy.
•Removed personal comments, I will write them back in a final review later.
(Loving the Mod so far ♥)

I like turtles

Nyzer

Agrias' birthday event requires 500,000, but only takes 50,000. This was the way it was done in WotL, presumably to ensure the player had enough to reasonably eat the gil loss.

Ramza is never hit by a sword in the Balthier event. Take a close look:

He dodges the sword.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Squaresoft

February 11, 2021, 11:33:29 pm #25 Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:02:06 am by Squaresoft
Quotewhat do you mean fixed by itself?
I kept on trying, changing my items and the visual bug was a constant.
Then...by magic it was gone and I was unable to replicate it. (and edited my post)
I suspect it was never a TLW problem but a LOCAL problem.
Related to never closing pSX for a long time, always inserting and ejecting ISO's or IDK, really. Weird.

Quote from: undefinedNot sure why these even exist, but ill fix em up.
Oh there are many "word,word" (No space after a coma) around Vanilla events that I didn't PrtScr, if you feel like a perfectionist :P tell me and I'll help you find them.
EDIT: Balk will tell you "aristcrat" during his battle if the battle prolongs for too long.

Quote from: undefinedMaybe, but nothing is anything that cannot still be gotten in game via purchase or fur shop. I feel like this was a small price to pay, for the additional UW space to be freed up.
That's how I feel too.

Quote from: undefinedIt is 500,000 as per its WotL requirements.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was talking about how much money was substracted from your stash after the event, not the requirement. Clarified in Discord, it was never 500k in WotL, it's 50k and it's just like that in TLW.

Nyzer

Fixing the grammar & spelling mistakes of PSX FFT is a bit out of the scope of this mod, especially since its purpose is in large part to be a base mod. We've always welcomed others to make changes like these, but few people want to commit to going through the entire game to fix them, heh.

Squaresoft

February 13, 2021, 12:32:57 am #27 Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 04:55:45 am by Elric
Quote from: Nyzer on February 12, 2021, 12:55:13 amFixing the grammar & spelling mistakes of PSX FFT is a bit out of the scope of this mod, especially since its purpose is in large part to be a base mod. We've always welcomed others to make changes like these, but few people want to commit to going through the entire game to fix them, heh.

Haha completely understandable.
I fixed those I can edit with the text editor for myself but I still must learn how to edit vanilla events.

Yesterday it was clear that I should only mention TLW typos,
I found a few in my first novel, leaving the link: (Will update with the others)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4qq6zalp12lo8vh/AACiX8Z6AUddFnFZ6b2GNo_wa?dl=0

Squaresoft

February 16, 2021, 05:33:02 pm #28 Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 04:55:03 am by Elric
SUMMARY:
•Some TWL-exclusive typos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wrd7atjma3pn7l/AAAN--jgxnqT-D5GDvfVSCaLa?dl=0
•You can revive Malak and Alma.
•For whatever-the-reason, in MY ISO, during Balthier's event, the Archer's attack collides with Ramza's sprite.
•Bethla's Garrison dialog has an error.
•The Undead humans doesn't get Innate Monster Skill at all.
+ the Knights aren't purple.
•Many observations during the M-Novel and Wyuvle:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4qq6zalp12lo8vh/AACiX8Z6AUddFnFZ6b2GNo_wa?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cj5v32cxuz1pcc6/AAC_j3BJZRXnUZs8VabLD_34a?dl=0
Bear with me that, IDK when the format or behavior is intended. I just point what I notice.
Minor descriptions can be read in the file name.

The entire folder:

Ansehelm

Quote from: Ansehelm on February 03, 2021, 02:16:47 amMy guess is that there is something off with your setup, or perhaps you've modified the iso further after installing the patch.  I've both beta tested TLW and am finishing up my own patch that uses TLW as a base, and I've never encountered this type of issue.  A fresh install on a clean iso would be good to confirm if this is really a problem.  AFAIK bad sprites can't cause this type of issue, more likely something to do with Eventing, ASMs, or an Iso that got corrupted.

Disclaimer about my previous post: I realize that the versions I playtested were previous to 1.06, and even my own mod is largely built on 1.05 (had to diverge at some point since I can't use Special Snowflakes due to a conflict with a different ASM in mine.), so there is a chance that xxxsdpsn is correct with reference to these bugs.  That said, I did a fresh install of TLW 1.06 and loaded an endgame save, and worker 8 functions normally, although I can't vouch for the events mentioned unless I do a clean runthrough of 1.06.

One thing I did notice though, is that the Unit bench hack seems not to be active in 1.06. This is only based off of loading a save started in my mod, but anyone doing a TLW 1.06 run right now should be able to confirm whether 1.06 has the Unit Bench Hack.

Nyzer

It definitely isn't included. It came out a month and a half after this version of TLW.

3lric

Quote from: Ansehelm on February 19, 2021, 09:42:44 pmDisclaimer about my previous post: I realize that the versions I playtested were previous to 1.06, and even my own mod is largely built on 1.05 (had to diverge at some point since I can't use Special Snowflakes due to a conflict with a different ASM in mine.), so there is a chance that xxxsdpsn is correct with reference to these bugs.  That said, I did a fresh install of TLW 1.06 and loaded an endgame save, and worker 8 functions normally, although I can't vouch for the events mentioned unless I do a clean runthrough of 1.06.

One thing I did notice though, is that the Unit bench hack seems not to be active in 1.06. This is only based off of loading a save started in my mod, but anyone doing a TLW 1.06 run right now should be able to confirm whether 1.06 has the Unit Bench Hack.

Thank you for clarifying, I cannot replicate the issue with Worker 8 either, but I am using 1.07 build right now, which isnt public yet, until its finished and then testing is done. Normally this would be caused by not changing the last byte in the padded image used in creating the .ppf, to something other than 00, but I'm fairly certain I did that, as I always do.

Ansehelm

Quote from: Nyzer on February 19, 2021, 09:59:26 pmIt definitely isn't included. It came out a month and a half after this version of TLW.
Shoot, you're right.  The bench hack was an instant classic and I'm so used to using it with my mod that it feels weird to try any patch that doesn't have it. Not a bug then.

solomonrex

I can't find any information as to why the WoTL movies that I need to use, that are supposed to be in the dropbox link in the readme file, are inaccessible. Going to the given link just says 'Filed Deleted', and now that I've FINALLY gotten this game patched, I can't put in the movies.

3lric

Quote from: solomonrex on March 03, 2021, 08:11:04 pmI can't find any information as to why the WoTL movies that I need to use, that are supposed to be in the dropbox link in the readme file, are inaccessible. Going to the given link just says 'Filed Deleted', and now that I've FINALLY gotten this game patched, I can't put in the movies.

Because you are getting a false positive warning for cdprog.

birdybro

Quote from: Elric on March 03, 2021, 08:37:55 pmBecause you are getting a false positive warning for cdprog.

No, the link to the movies itself, on dropbox, is expired.

https://i.imgur.com/8EJKKUi.png