• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 06:06:34 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Event Portraits

Started by LastingDawn, September 17, 2009, 12:24:20 pm

Fein

October 30, 2009, 05:47:23 pm #120 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fein
Mouths are usually wider on top than the are the bottom. That's one of the reasons it looks weird, it looks like a Scream mask.

jimmyjw88

October 31, 2009, 03:54:31 am #121 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Well, when opening mouth, we moved our jaw while the top lips just stretch. Perhaps moving the jaw when open mouth may look better? Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Sephirot24

October 31, 2009, 02:00:14 pm #122 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
I moved it 1 pixel down. Anyways, I'll wait and see what you come up with jimmy :)

LastingDawn

November 08, 2009, 12:18:07 pm #123 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Things got a bit sidetracked... now in my opinion This is Facial Expressions (and open mouths) done right, most of our attempts thus far have been... less than satisfactory, but we got bogged down with that single issue, so to repost this...

This is a Fine base to work from.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

November 08, 2009, 01:34:57 pm #124 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
wtf

who did those!?

LastingDawn

November 08, 2009, 01:37:07 pm #125 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
A lady from DeviantArt did. She has quite a bit of talent in these works, I tried to bring her over to Mercenaries, but in the end wasn't very successful.

Art of War

mav

November 08, 2009, 01:54:35 pm #126 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I recognize those--they've appeared all over the place. They're pretty damn good, though some of them border on being too anime-like. Though I can't argue that these are probably the best reference pics we'll get for the event portraits. I'll take a look at some of the portraits we need to do/revise and I'll see if I can mimic her style.

jimmyjw88

November 09, 2009, 12:29:06 am #127 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Yes, these are very well done. Though I'm not sure why our attempts don't fit. I mean I did followed these exactly but still can't look right. Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

November 09, 2009, 07:32:24 am #128 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi

Not too shabby.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Lijj

Wow those expressions are pretty great!..
Here is Squolar's portrait:
Based on Winshmo's illustration
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

Lijj

Tried to make his expression less inimical. I didn't know he was nice.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

What is wrong with original Mind Flayer? Just erasing the hood would be enough :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Only problem is that Squolar is meant to be a bit more characteristic, (I had planned on a monocle at one point to show this, but eh well). I wanted a unique portrait and while above is definitely a start, it sort of clashes with FFT's style of side facing portraits.

Art of War

mav

Your shading and color distribution has caused a loss of depth and detail. It's a start, but it needs some refining.

Kagebunji

Sorry, I said I will do some for Gaffy, now I am back for a while, so I will try something

LastingDawn

Once I get back to my own computer (will be at a friend's house these next few days, once my sister pays the Internet bill...) I'll put up a few of my idea for switches and ideal changes.

Art of War

Smash

Quote from: "Lijj" Tried to make his expression less inimical. I didn't know he was nice.

Everything is off in epic mayor proportions.

Remember to define your basic shapes with light and shadow! Texturing and pixel tuning come later. Focus on the anatomy and appearance.
And don't try to copy winsh's art on pixels; it won't fit and will look bad. Use the original FFT as your ref.

LastingDawn

Trying to bring this back to the main front. Following the diagrams above, should do the trick with these, if nothing else just a "happy, angry, sad" expression for Gafgarion, Rad, Ramza, and Lavian.

Art of War

Kagebunji

I tired angry Gaffgarion, kinda hard, since his port looks pretty angry already, I bet some refining is needed