• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:13:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

LastingDawn

July 15, 2008, 01:13:41 pm #220 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright then... (I know you said "no dead characters" but I really couldn't resist, if it's not alright I can come up with another idea.)

(Sprite is thanks to FFMaster? I believe, Palette is Teta's)

Name: Barius Belontine
Birthday: August 20 (Leo)
Traits: Close minded, Argumental, Holier then thou

Personality: Will talk a big show, but when it comes time for action will use some of his "skills" that have kept him alive for "800 years"

Biography: Barius Belontine was one of Ajora's 12 Disciples, he was tracked through Barius Valley and finally executed at Barius Hill, at least that's how the legend goes... This man will tell you that is not the case. He used other means to escape his fate by setting a double in his place. From that moment on he had attained "immortality" perhap's Ajora's last miracle to give unto him...? He seems to be a fresh faced youth, his only oddity is the severely outdated form of dress. Many take him as a madman and ignore him on sight. A beggar and a self proclaimed prophet, the man has scoured all of Ivalice and has found none that will accept him, his tale, or his outrageous behavior. Though now with this Bishop Kanbabrif fellow running about...

If he can become part of their resistance force! (Certainly as HE is a Saint they must accept him! How can you say "no thank you" to one of those you pay reverence to!?)  even for an instant, his name will come to light and his "true worth" shown to the world. For once in "800 years" he can finally have his name shine, rather then being a dead man on a hill... "Just you wait Ivalice! This land will soon hear the name of *this* Barius Belontine now with real worth and more then a passing breath! Where are the hymns about me? The epic tales? I also held the stone of Leo for a time! Why must that glory hog Ajora take everything?!"

With quick resolve, a flashy sword, an outdated noble's outfit, and smooth blonde hair, the "saint" leaves his home of Yardow Fort City and proceeds to track down the Anti-Kanbabrif Task Force!

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 02:09:29 pm #221 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The sprites both look quite good. Lasting Dawn's just looks like there is one off color for his legs (that light yellow), should be easy to fix.

Cyberblade:
The design looks quite good (the hood might need touchups but maybe not), the colors need a bit flat and you need a larger spectrum for your shades. Did you try just using the original Rofel colors? But bottom line is that it looks good and it can make it in with just a little work.

So I think it is totally possible to get these sprites in here and give them the name that you want, but I don't know about the back story. We can give them a bit of the personality you guys talked about and that will be great, we just already have a story and characters and throwing too much backstory in for everyone would really slow down things. But we will always keep in mind what you ideally want and who knows what will happen (certainly not BastardPoetry and I).
Current Projects:

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 02:15:23 pm #222 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
I threw that sprite together in like 15 minutes cheetah =P

I was just fooling around then i had seen the open slot so i will be updating it by the end of the day. I know the colors look a bit flat and using the rofel color pallette is a good idea ill see how that looks in a minute.

LastingDawn

July 15, 2008, 02:18:35 pm #223 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed, but I recall that's how the fellows a Gamefaqs also presented their characters, of course the whole thing can't be used, far too much screen time for a minor character. But just to have all the info. there for use, if need be, to pick and choose and allows more diversity if need be, of course. In any case, yes.... that's normally the problem with pure palette switches (all of my editing tools are outdated and all the dates have expired) but yes, if you could fix that,( I would if I could but my tools are pretty obsolete now) it would be wonderful. Oh as well, I know you have a Ton on your plate already, but would you happen to be able to think up a portait for Barius? (Of course only if he's accepted)

Art of War

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 02:19:48 pm #224 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
Ill try to fix it up for you LD once i get mine updated.

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 02:26:26 pm #225 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I should probably be saying no to portrait requests, but I have a quick easy plan for Barius so I will say yes.

Yeah you guys are doing things exactly right in your submissions. I just wanted to put some kind of disclaimer just so you knew how it would actually be used. The future adjustments sound good I will look forward to seeing them.
Current Projects:

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 02:38:03 pm #226 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
Updated =P And LD Ill work on yours AFTER Cheetah finishes the portrait =P

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 02:54:14 pm #227 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The colors look good now Cyperblade, nice job. The hood might look a little weird when it is animated because it has so much texturing on it. It might be okay but I would suggest looking at Zozma and my work on the Rofokare sprite over at Lasting Dawns Mercenaries thread to get some ideas on how to fix up the hood. Then compare what you have versus what the Rofokare hood would look like in Skye's colors to see which you think would work better.

If you wanted to work on fixing that color for Lasting Dawn's spite before I did the portrait that would be fine. I'm just not sure when I will get to his portrait. Either way is fine.
Current Projects:

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 02:57:58 pm #228 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
KK ill look at the hood over in the mercenaries topic. and If LD portrait aint up in a day or two ill go ahead and start working on it =P.

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 03:11:13 pm #229 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Ops just put an earing on Dakham and realized I had turned him into a girl. Okay reverse, take off earing, leave the hair, but don't make the shirt have such a V-cut, okay that is better.

I will fit an earing in somewhere though on a different portrait.
Current Projects:

woodenbandman

July 15, 2008, 03:24:21 pm #230 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Just read that post and my sprite is nowhere near done. At all.
So... yeah.

I don't think I'll have it done very soon. Is there going to be an episode three?

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 03:26:11 pm #231 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
Ok my sprite will be updated with a DETEXTURIZED version in a minute.

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 04:02:19 pm #232 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Detexturizing is all the rage now adays anyways.

So I did Berius' portrait. I will add a little spice to it, but how is this for a base.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

July 15, 2008, 04:04:29 pm #233 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hehe, anything is fine with me, it does look quite nice as it currently is, it looks like the base was Wiegraf? If so, you made him look quite much younger, very nice. No need to spice it up, Barius isn't really a fellow that would be spiffy or anything of that sort. .

Art of War

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 05:03:42 pm #234 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:32:07 pm by Cyberblade
Lol BastardPoetry since im bored when your not busy.

Send me everyone charachter name/personality and ill make a slideshow of them with THEME SONGS =P

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 07:30:59 pm #235 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Cyberblade:
Skye looks good. I might make a few adjustments after I see him in motion, but it should pretty much be a go. Just not sure when you will see him in.

LastingDawn:
Yep that is Weigraf's hair. I actually really like Weigraf as a character. But anyways I might change the hair just a tad to make it look different, and I was wondering if Debius might want an earing?
Current Projects:

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 07:32:55 pm #236 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
Thanks Cheetah First time I edited anything other than palletes =P

I really want to create Sora from KH/KH2 but im lazy (cloud as base FTW)

LastingDawn

July 15, 2008, 07:49:10 pm #237 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, it would fit his style, certainly. If you want to include an earring, then by all means. I think an earring would look pretty good on him, given his character.

Art of War

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 09:03:14 pm #238 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Finished Voldemort.

More anger, more whispy hair, more armor, less cowl.
Current Projects:

Archael

July 15, 2008, 09:14:25 pm #239 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
5/5