• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:55:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

Asmo X

July 01, 2008, 02:27:49 am #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Hahah. If you write the entire part like A Clockwork Orange I'll be your #1 fan.

Bastard Poetry

July 01, 2008, 02:46:21 am #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
There was me, that is BP, and my three droogs, that is Chaumel, Hussy, and Voldemort, Voldemort being really swell, and we sat in the Goland Milkbar making up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening, a flip dark chill winter bastard though dry. The Goland Milkbar was a milk-plus mesto, and you may, O my brother, have forgotten what these mestos were like things changing so skorry these days and everybody very quick to forget, bar rumours not being heard much neither. Well, what they sold there was milk plus something else. They had no license for selling liquor, but there was no law yet against prodding some of the new veshches which they would put into the old moloko, so you could peet it with vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom or one or two other veshches which would give you a nice quiet horrorshow fifteen minutes admiring Ajora And All His Zodiac Braves in your left shoe with lights bursting all over your mozg. Or you could peet it with knives in it, as we use to say, and this would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of dirty twenty-to-one, and that was what we were peeting this evening I'm starting off the story with.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Asmo X

July 01, 2008, 03:39:25 am #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
heh. nice. Been years since I read it but I still understand it all. You should make a character talk like that.

Bastard Poetry

July 01, 2008, 04:07:33 am #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
You know, I might just do that. I have a tendency to be extremely sleep deprived when I write some of my scenes. (See: The Villian of Ivalice, Grog Hill scene).

It's been about ten years since I last read it. I had to google-copypasta this time, but I used to have that opening paragraph memorized. As well as the entire nadsat dictionary.

Good times!

Bastard Poetry

July 01, 2008, 11:42:53 pm #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Cheetah,

Fanatic mentioned the unique monk portrait from the battle to save Cloud. Except I think that particular portrait looks like a mean dude, which kinda goes against his character.

Otherwise, he said,
"maybe add a few days of beard stubble. Who has time to shave when you're running from Kanbabrif? [and where would a monk get a knife anyway. I mean, the guys don't even carry hats!]"

Bastard Poetry

July 03, 2008, 11:26:37 am #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Dukki Boi asked for "darker browney hair."

If it's not too much trouble :)

Cheetah

July 03, 2008, 01:08:08 pm #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm liking the ideas for Fanatic. Making the evil Monk look good will be easy, it is exactly what I did for your portrait. Dukki Boi having brown hair would be kind of touch though. Totally possible, but then his armor or whatever would have to be brown too because they use lots of the same colors. I will see what I can do though since I might finally have some time to work on this stuff today.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

July 03, 2008, 02:17:56 pm #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Sounds like a plan.

In the meantime, perhaps everyone should check out the 3-minute Intro video for Part II.

A little sneak peek for you guys!

www.museofoblivion.com/kwrath2.html

LastingDawn

July 03, 2008, 02:26:00 pm #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Cutscenes and more cutscens! Bah! You tease us! Hehe, in any case the preview (as is in normal PSX trailer fashion only showing the cutscene) does leave a lot of anticipation for the next installment. How far along is it currently?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

July 03, 2008, 02:26:22 pm #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
...WOW. You are just so good at this stuff BastardPoetry. Looks awesome. You just got me pumped to work on Portraits even more.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

July 03, 2008, 10:47:14 pm #110 Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:27:44 am by Bastard Poetry
How far along is it currently?

Not as far as I would like, unfortunately. We had a lot of stuff come up at work lately, and I was falling a little behind on wedding plans. So this last week was devoted to catching up on everything. Now, my schedule's a little clearer, and I'm tackling some production hurdles.

Here's what I'm looking at right now:

EDIT: Spoilers removed because I solved that problem.

Question for you guys: Do we have any control over weather in the game yet?

Cheetah

July 03, 2008, 11:01:02 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I would recommend reading the Maps Viewer thread by Gomtuu about weather effects. I believe it is in the Hacking or Ripped data sections. He spent a lot of time working with the maps and what not so he is the guy to talk to. Do note that he found a way to change what maps an event or battle takes place on, even some that are never used in battle.

Who cares how long the battle sequences are as long as they are sweet!

Oh and I found an easy way to double size the portraits I am doing (obviously from my preview) so I will post an update of your portrait template before I leave for the holiday weekend.

Okay so I spent so much time on your portrait Voldemort, I was just having an impossible time finding ways to make your sprite look original and still be a shrine night. But here is what I have so far, tell me which hair color you like more. Obviously I still want lots of imput on how I can make it look better. Or maybe this design isn't working for you and I have to go back to the drawing board.
Current Projects:

Archael

July 03, 2008, 11:22:19 pm #112 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
holy fuck fuckitty fuck

both @ that avatar and the Death Corpse Bastard spoilers

afk

LastingDawn

July 03, 2008, 11:50:35 pm #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, there are a couple of unused battle maps, of course they are also rather... incomplete. Can you deal with a single camera angle for an area, Bastard Poetry?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

July 04, 2008, 12:49:22 am #114 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I'm sure he can

DO IT!  :shock:

Cheetah

July 04, 2008, 01:53:04 am #115 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I fixed the sprites half hidden right eye so he doesn't look like such a barbarian, though his eyebrows could still kill a man. I will probably do some recoloring of the armor as well. Any other suggestions?

How about silver/iron armor for Voldemort instead of gold/bronze?
Current Projects:

Archael

July 04, 2008, 03:01:08 am #116 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Also, Cheetah

I think back to the drawing board on that  Voldemort preview, dude

http://auritech.fantopolis.com/files/cast_213.png

^ In this picture I linked, you see Izlude's portrait? his face is slanted forward, just like in this preview

now look at Kletian's avatar, how his face and jawline are straight

that's how mine should be

the hair isnt bad, perhaps a bit longer too not so tidy

Cheetah

July 04, 2008, 01:04:35 pm #117 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Hmm well I guess he needs more touchups if you think the head is slanted, because he is definitely looking straight forward. But there are some reasons that might give the illusion that he is looking down. I'm also not sure the incline of the head is very crucial either way. Then again you could just be pulling my leg on this  :evil:

I can definitely make the hair look less tiddy though. You need to choose a hair color though, otherwise I'm doing double work editing both versions.
Current Projects:

Archael

July 04, 2008, 01:23:00 pm #118 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I'm not pulling your leg

he looks way too goody-two-shoes and not evil enough

he needs to look more pissed off

he's a Kbob minion!

also just give him brown hair and be done with it.. a la kletian

brown hair, pissed off, square jaw

and u got it

also is it possible to keep gold armor + black robes? or does that conflict with someone else's look?

Cheetah

July 04, 2008, 01:54:22 pm #119 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
As far as I can tell the other Shrine Knight Kanbabrif minion has the same color scheme as you, but I'm not positive. It matters little though, the sprites are done and it might be cool that you match. So it can stay gold armor + black robes. Evil looking is easy and a square jaw should be doable.
Current Projects: