• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 06:16:33 am

Support Modding

Started by Argy, June 24, 2011, 08:45:13 am

Argy

Hi all,

I was curious... Is there away to change support skills. For example, instead of equip shield, I can have an ability that gives me plus one to range instead. Eg. Wave fist can hit from 4 blocks away! Or even a sword slash can from 2 blocks away. Obviously, the actual skills can be altered with the patcher, I thought that this might be a good idea. Saying that, it's probably all hard coded and won't work anyway!

Cheers Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Argy on June 24, 2011, 08:45:13 am
Hi all,

I was curious... Is there away to change support skills. For example, instead of equip shield, I can have an ability that gives me plus one to range instead. Eg. Wave fist can hit from 4 blocks away! Or even a sword slash can from 2 blocks away. Obviously, the actual skills can be altered with the patcher, I thought that this might be a good idea. Saying that, it's probably all hard coded and won't work anyway!

Cheers Argy

Yup, you need ASM.  We're actually doing a good amount of that right now.  See the thread called ALMA in FFT Hacking.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

MysticKnightFF5

NOTE: Alma is experimental and not guaranteed to work.

Argy

Cheers guys,
I have been following ALMA, just haven't downloaded the program and to try and tinker with it. Might do so over the weekend. There are plenty of dud RSM's in the game that I would love to change. Thank you for your advice.
Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!