• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:31:58 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ASM Request: MA * WP

Started by Celdia, February 08, 2011, 10:09:50 pm

Celdia

Okay, its not just me is it? I've looked around and there is no formula or hack for a formula to make something into MA * WP anywhere that I can find. Am I the only one that sees this as a grand oversight, especially when there have been (what look like to me anyways) entirely new formulas created from otherwise useless slots? Specifically what FFM did with Formula 11 ( http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5658.msg135853#msg135853 ) on that thought. So I come with what I can only hope is a vaguely simple request (while knowing full well that nothing involving ASM is simple) - Can someone make a MA * WP formula so I can have a sensible Magic Sword formula to use? Please??
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Vanya

When this, http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6538.0, is done it will allow for any formula you could possibly want.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

I'm giddy with antici...
...pation. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Celdia

Not so easy picking a worksafe image of him, actually.

RavenOfRazgriz

February 09, 2011, 07:22:58 pm #5 Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:24:14 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: Vanya on February 09, 2011, 03:38:20 am
I'm giddy with antici...
...pation. ^_^

This is going to be the last spoiler I give before he decides to either post a bigger layout of the hack or completes it, since I don't know how much of this hack is to be laid out as "expect this" and how much is to be "SURPRISE KIDS."

(100-CasBr)/100 * (100-TarBr)/100 * S-EV M * Y  Monster Only Talk Skill 100% Status Rend Helmet + Accessory 25% Knockback Drains HP and MP.

^ The same formula used to make this fucking monstrosity is used to replicate all the MA*Y Formulas, Work Formula, Black Magic Formula, White Magic Formula, and Chakra formula, among many others.  Yeah.  Shit just got real.

Celdia, you'll have the formula you want here in any flavor/boost combination you could possibly want except maybe one super obscure one and far more.

Celdia

Well I guess I can wait a bit longer at this point. But really...I'm surprised it hasn't happened as its own hack before now.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Celdia on February 10, 2011, 12:57:15 am
Well I guess I can wait a bit longer at this point. But really...I'm surprised it hasn't happened as its own hack before now.

I've requested it from a few different people, and someone was about to make it for me, but FDC put his formula edits into full insane-levels of swing at about the same time and I told them to save their effort since I wouldn't be using it once he finished that hack anyway and I didn't want them to waste their time.