• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

HELP: FFTA2 Modding Reaction Abilities

Started by pontelon, April 02, 2021, 07:15:12 am

pontelon

I'm not sure how I managed it, since Lennart's FFTA2AE can't edit reaction abilities...but "Regeneration" reaction ability is doing Reraise instead of Regen and I have no idea how?? Anyone know what I need to do to switch it back?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

pontelon

One possible avenue is that it looks like FFTA/A2 both call abilities on their reactions sometimes. So like "Critical: Quicken" or "Critical: Vanish" call the Quicken and Vanish abilities and use them for free. So if you edit Vanish/Quicken, then you are "editing" the Reaction abitilies...only problem is I can't figure out what ability "Regenerate" would call.

pontelon

Ok so it looks like it's calling Angelsong...so I guess there goes me buffing that spell. :)

Espri

April 02, 2021, 06:35:23 pm #3 Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:03:14 pm by Espri
I spent literal hours trying to figure out what Regenerate pulled from, thanks!

If you want to buff Angelsong though you can add one of Keeper's dummy abilities to Bard's list, remove the original Angelsong and then give it the animations of Angelsong and whatever effects you desire. Remember to change the ability pointer on Hurdy-Gurdy too.

On the plus side, this means you can buff Regenerate to do something more useful as well, since regen on hit is kinda mediocre.

pontelon

I've not figured out how to change animations, do you know which tool does it?

Espri

There aren't any tools for it. You'll have to use Edea's spreadsheets. In the "skill animations" tab you can see the pointers for each skill's animation. Just paste angelsong's entire hex into the address you'll be turning into the new ability, This also allows you to change the character's swing, the flinch etc individually. Feel free to mess around with it.

Keeper's first empty ability is at index number 0103, if you're having any trouble finding what to replace.

Data (2).xlsx