• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:22:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Raise and charm together?

Started by psiiijay, November 26, 2020, 10:35:09 am

psiiijay

1. So I wanna create an animate dead spell (raise and take control over a dead target) but raising is a "cancle dead" effect while charm is a normal effect..
Any way to make this happen?

2. Is it possible to edit the small heart symbol that appears on a target when charmed?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

1) No, there isn't. The best that there might be would be an ability that does a raise and then does a charm, but this wouldn't guarantee that a raised target would be charmed, nor would it stop you from using it on a living target to charm them.

2) I'm sure it is, but I don't know how offhand.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

psiiijay

How do I put both effect together? The raise is not an effect so I can (from what I see) cast a spell with all effects I want OR cast any Cancle effect - but not cast effect and cancle effect together...
How I can cast charm and raise together?

Xifanie

In terms of logistics, it's possible to Cancel: Dead and Add: Charm on the same ability (by hacking the formula through) ASM.
But from what I understand, you'd only get one of the two at a time since the game would simply not attempt to add Charm since when the results are calculated, the unit is still dead. This could be fixed by allowing Charm to stack on top of Dead which sounds messy, to say the least.

It feels like the best would be to have the ability hit twice so that the first time it resurrects, and the second time it charms.

And then you have the problem with AI.. I'm sure the CPU would never use such an ability.

So in essence: Technically possible through a lot of efforts, but messy as hell to implement and would likely cause more harm than good even if you pulled it off.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

psiiijay

Quote from: Xifanie on November 27, 2020, 01:08:35 amIt feels like the best would be to have the ability hit twice so that the first time it resurrects, and the second time it charms.

I'll be fine with only pc using it. Who do I make it hit twice?

Nyzer

Either way, it would require ASM hacking. IIRC someone did make a crude ASM for this, or something like this, a while ago. You'd have to try to dig it up from the forum.

Unfortunately, then you'd have to find a way to get that ASM working on the PSP version using the Valhalla editor. Maybe it could be directly applied as is but I'd doubt it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown